Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:45 PM
So sorry to hear he's not been well -
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Stephanie - just caught this thread. Poor poor Murphy (and you) - you've both been through the mill with this, and I can only hope, as others have, that it's "best case scenario" rather than worst. Please keep us updated. I know you must be heartbroken. Murphy is so special. Sending loads of {{{hugs}}} to you and your gorgeous boy xxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 09:27 AM
i'm so sorry to hear Murphy is not doing too well. Poor Lad i hope he pics up taking the antibiotics. Will think of you both and wish the very best for you.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Awwwww, you are both going through so much. Thoughs are with you.
Hope Murphy gets better very soon.

It might help to keep a diary for your reference and the vets.

Min xxxxxxx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 09:38 AM
If you have pet insurance, have you thought about alternative therapies that might help to build up his immune system.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk
If you have pet insurance, have you thought about alternative therapies that might help to build up his immune system.
I dohave pet insure - bloomin good job too cause we are at about £13,000 (in just over ayear) now

thanks for the tip on alternative therapies to boost up his immune system
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by sweetmimi
I am hoping that is just an infection but would be a bit mad to think that he had this for over a year and the vet did not pick this up, but at least if it is this then the meds should work
Sending hugs to you and your poor doggy
babs
if it is infection then there is no doubt he's had if for a year as he had his tplo op in April last year and it was this time last year we discovered he had an infection under the plate, Murphy was then on antibiotics until end September and the plate was removed - if it is infection then it seems that the infection never totally cleared even once the plate was removed.

I suppose another reason why it was not picked up was because 3.5 months later he then snapped the cruicate in his other back leg and had another tplo op so realistically Murphy has only been allowed out on walks for about 4 months in a whole year and he never showed any signs of there be a problem until recently and it hasn't been xrayed since the plate was removed so there was just no way of knowing

this is if it's an infection of course - in 2 weeks time we'll get a better idea of what it is
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I have only just read this, and am sorry to hear that Murphy has gone through all this and is still not over it... try to keep positive, and I am sending you both lots of hugs xxx
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Best wishes and get well soon Murphy - hope all is well
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Stephanie, You and Murphy are in our thoughts and we hope all goes well.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >