View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:02 PM
well I'm glad you saw this pedigree and that your friend can sort the lying ***** out!

Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh Dear I hope your mate manages to get this sorted

Good Luck
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I've heard of this happening before too. I hope your friend gets it sorted.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:44 PM
That's awful. This could go on and on if no one sorts out whoever did it. Someone could get one of those pups and breed from it then there's another set of false pedigrees. Can't believe that kind of thing happens
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:08 PM
This is, unfortunately, very common BUT when I had litters they were always sold with an official KC, watermarked five generation pedigree so the puppy owners had some assurance that the pedigree was genuine. Not watertight, since anyone can sign the form as the stud dog owner without the KC checking this is authentic, but better than a hand-written "pedigree" that some breeders hand out, I have been involved in fraud investigations in industry over the years and I am constantly surprised that so many people will accept something that anyone has written out with no proof that it is genuine. Some unscrupulous breeders only have to get hold of a show catalogue to get some "pedigree names"..... the giveaway on the dodgy Dalmatian pedigrees that have come to light have been the wrong spellings of dog's names, or the wrong word here and there as well as the obvious use of dead dogs. One particular stud has appeared on so many "puppy farm pedigrees" that his career has spanned 30 years!
I NEVER accept a pedigree of a bitch whose owner wants to use my dog unless it has been issued by the National kennel club, the KC or IKC in Ireland. And that's just for starters!!!!
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2006, 08:23 PM
its suprising how many people i have met with so called pedigrees,they buy them and think the 5 generation form is proof,no kc reg,they think its a birth certificate,i do know of this happening years ago with gsds,that dog had been dead years too,
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3