12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
@Leo
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2004, 06:07 PM
or left home so i have more space.
why you lol at me kazz?
i did take an oldie on once my grans dog when she passed away in 96,he was a collie x @ 10 years old,he lived with all of us and the 2 boxers for 2 years before we lost him.
and by the time my daughter was born we had homed him for 6 months.
see i am a softy really,no one wanted him and he ment the world to her so i simply said hes coming home with me.
our dogs had never met him before but they welcomed him into the family.
alot of the rescues wouldn't let me home because of my daughters age she is 7 in march.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi I @Leo because I though what a kind thing to consider taking on an oldie when your children are older.

Karen
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2004, 06:19 PM
my kids wouldn't be a problem now,they know how to treat dogs,young and old alike,they have both grown up with dogs.my mother in law has a westie who is almost 17 and my daughter walks her their pace suit each other (not alone of course)
having a rescue when they are older allows me to give the dog more time and care than i have at the moment, my parents have a 12 year old boxer whom i baby sit regular so she is never alone.
rescues wouldn't let me have 1 plus our house at the moment would be too hectic for some of the oldies to be happy and relaxed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2004, 06:21 PM
But the nice thing is you have considered it. That in itself says alot about you.

Like YOU'RE NICE

Karen
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3