View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh good luck if you do, I think it's nice that a woman asks instead of a man - why not I say!

Interesting thought about a ring or not? I guess it's a little difficult to choose a ring for a man that wouldn't look like a wedding ring? As suggested, perhaps an alternative present - why not a different piece of jewellery perhaps or a nice watch that you could have engraved on the back?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by mitch
Just something I was thinking about, but don't know if I have the bottle Plus it's not a leap year

Mitch

lol, write it in alphabet spaghetti
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2006, 09:19 PM
I actually proposed to my husband. I always read both our stars in the daily paper and one particular morning both mine and his mentioned marriage charts and weddings, so before he got up, I scribbled on a post-it note "Shall we?" and stuck it to the newspaper. When I got home from work he didn't mention anything, neither did I. He always goes to bed after me. The next morning I got up and the post-it note was stuck to the newspaper with his reply "Yes".

No help with the ring question, but always makes me chuckle, I was too shy and embarrassed to ask him in case he said no.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25
I actually proposed to my husband. I always read both our stars in the daily paper and one particular morning both mine and his mentioned marriage charts and weddings, so before he got up, I scribbled on a post-it note "Shall we?" and stuck it to the newspaper. When I got home from work he didn't mention anything, neither did I. He always goes to bed after me. The next morning I got up and the post-it note was stuck to the newspaper with his reply "Yes".

No help with the ring question, but always makes me chuckle, I was too shy and embarrassed to ask him in case he said no.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet is that xxxx
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:11 PM
We've only been together since July, most of you will know my partner of 14 years cheated on me and we split up a year gone September. Even though we were together all that time and have 2 kids I never had the urge to marry him. Ive known my present boyfriend Graham for years, friend of friends. My ex even knows him very well. Anyway things seem so different this time for both of us (he never married either, even though he was with his last girlfriend for 4 years, and she wanted to get married.) I knew he was the one and that I would love to marry him after just a couple of months. We have spoke about getting married and he seems as keen as me, he told me once in conversation that marriage was for keeps and he would have to be a 100% certain before he'd get married, thats why it had never happened. He's also said he has never ever thought of spending the rest of his life with someone before me. So Im sure if I had the bottle to ask he'd say yes, thats not what Im scared of. Im just to shy to come out with it. Ive dropped plenty hints, so he might even be planning on asking me on valentines day
If I was to ask him, it would have to be in writting rather than spoken as I'd bottle out. Im a coward
We are in the process of selling both our houses to buy one together.

Mitch
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh that's really sweet. I say life's too short if you know he's the one.

I'd known of my OH for a couple of years but not really had much to do with him. We became friends after I got dumped and were friends for a year before we started going out. I knew he was the one almost right away after getting together in a relationship and he felt the same (similar to your story perhaps?) and we talked about the idea of marriage, it being for keeps etc. and he proposed only 5 months later. We were married 11 months after that.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Ahh thats nice Lucky Star there's hope for me yet.

Your story does sound a lot like us

Mitch
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3