View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Christine, that's dreadful, thankfully he wasn't too badly damaged!

Are you going to post some photos of the dresser? I love furniture and would love to see it if you didn't mind of course

We're doing okay for now, this new year has been an eventful one so far, just needs loads of positivity to make everything stay on track

Originally Posted by Christine
Everythings pretty quiet here, except OH fell down a large flight of steps last wk. Nothing broken thank goodness but some bruising & grazes, worst 1 on his knee, all scabbed over know but last night a little pus started oozing out, waiting for him to get up see how it is this morning

Shop rang yesterday my new dressing table will be here next wk so looking forward to that

Thanks for asking & hope all stays well with you & yours
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi Hannah, congratulations on your engagement, that's fantastic news, and a new puppy, wow talk about keeping it exciting! Great way to kick off the new year, with the exception of the fall - good to hear he is on the mend.

Originally Posted by Hannah
My OH fell down the stairs last week too! Hes mostly recovered now! Not a good week for us last week (well last tues to today) but today has been better so hopefully we're back on the up!
This year so far on the whole looking good, getting a puppy next month, going to see him next fri, and OH and I are getting engaged!!!!!!!!!!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:29 PM
hi Deccy, sorry to hear of your woes Chin up if you can, these trials only make us stronger, and then when something good does happen it seems like the best thing on earth

Hope that everything works out with the divorce proceedings, it sounds like you do need this holiday though.

Best wishes for some positive news to come your way soon.

x

Originally Posted by Deccy
Not great so far...... my job is a very junior position for me, the next one up resigned, but I was told I couldn't apply as I am still in my probationary period!!!! I am more qualified than the boss so a bit of a bummer It took me 9 months to get this one so not much point looking around, although I am......
I am sitting here waiting to hear from my solicitor. I am supposed to get on a plane tonight and fly back to the UK for round 2 of my financial settlement re the divorce, but apparently my ex-OH has not done what the Court ordered at the last hearing regarding valuations so the hearing may be postponed.... so I will be about £200 out of pocket as the flight is booked, a hire car and the hotel overnight plus I have taken time off work and booked the dogs into kennels.....
I am just getting over a nasty bout of flu, where I work there is no sick pay and I can't afford to be off, so it's been difficult - everyone there seems to have it.
Never mind - the days are getting longer!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Life changing stuff Bodhi, congratulations, it must take alot of courage to embrace so much change in one sitting!

Sounds like a fantastic plan, best wishes with it, and do keep us updated

Originally Posted by Bodhi
Hmm... 2006.. Not much has been that different as of yet. Although, I have made the decision to move back to yorkshire, which is VERY scarey. Will be living back at my parents for the first time in 6 years

But, looking forward to the change and the fact I will be rich for awhile (I doubt my parents will demand £200 rent a month, £50+ council tax and all the rest that goes into maintaining a flat!!)!

I plan to learn to drive and maybe buy a van and travel round England and Europe! Or, not buy a van and travel round somewhere FAR FAR away!

I am also thinking of doing a small business course, as I have an idea (dream) I would like to fulfill one day. These are my first actual steps towards 'doing something' for once, and while scary, is also exciting!!

Oh, and I think I will be single again too!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Excellent news re: dog training, that'll be alot of fun for sure

Good luck to your friend

Originally Posted by mad lil lady
actually my year is goin ok thanx

im back at college lol but it ahs been cool its a lot more in depth so far this year and we are started to be taught the basics in training dogs

but now one of my mates has gone an told every1 that he is leaving college to go to train dogs in the army which i cant belive cos he said that he wanted to be a herpetologist oh god reptiles!!!!!!

nah but now my year has gone all down hill cos i am really gonna miss him n his chattyness

jade
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh dear CO, really sorry to hear about your fall 3 people on one thread now, that's dreadful!

Sounds like you've got alot going on, that's really great - the job sounds fantastic as well - best wishes with it, and hope you find the perfect house for yourselves soon.

x

Originally Posted by chinaowner
so far we have finished decorating our flat had it valued and just waiting for new carpets to be fitted before we put it on the market.
Been looking at loads of houses and put an offer in on one yesterday not heard back yet....

I too fell down some stairs (two in hallway) and hurt my back....not badly though!

am meeting with a woman on saturday to becoma an ann summers party planner! got some business cards made up for my new company organising parties, corporate events, wedding and civil partnerships........

terrified but looking forward to being financially independant!

hope all is well for everyone else!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Job blues Apparently it's common this time of year for people to become disgruntled with their jobs so I reckon loads of people can relate to your situation - hope you find what you are looking for.

Good to hear that home life is going well

Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Work is pants and don't know what's happening at the moment. Everyone in the department is miserable.

Home's fine, Cassie and OH fine. Work getting done on the house in May and it's job day in the paper. Fingers crossed for something new!

Thanks for asking MC xx
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Peeps.

I had a rather blurred start to 2006 - never got to bed until 11 am on the 1st.
(At least I think it was the 1st)

Day 18 and I've managed to keep at least one of my resolutions, insofar as I have not yet done bodily harm to any of my 'fine' colleagues from the contracts department, a feat which has required all of my resolve. My new washing machine arrived and we are now as a family "soap sud free". It's great to be able to walk out in the rain and not foam up at the armpits or other places of friction.... "Sparky" had a yeast infection on one of his pads Xmas eve but it cleared up quickly after an application of fungal wash as provided by the vet. Amazing transformation.

Hope you're all as well as can be expected and may your God be with you over the rest of the year.
mad lil lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Excellent news re: dog training, that'll be alot of fun for sure

Good luck to your friend

thanx maplecottage ill tell him hes actually really nervous an all i wanna do is cry but hell be ok cos its him really!!!!!

im so tired an i jus wanna go to bed but ihad to cum into college on me day of jus to do sum work i really dont wanna bo here lol

jade
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 09:52 AM
hey mad lil lady!

I dont want to be at work either but hey ho such is life!...at least yu can be on here though!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >