Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone. Your words have made me feel much better
She has been fine today. Just typical I'll be at the vets saying she's lethargic and she'll be charging about like a mad thing
We are still going down to see the vets though because it does seem to be coming and going.

I will let you know.

PS. if anyone sees this tonight, do i still give her breakfast before I go?

Christine
Dogsey Veteran

16-01-2006, 08:00 AM
No, I`d leave it till you come back B/S

ps answered you on g/m thread as well
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks Christine! brandie wasn't too impressed with your advice though

Well obviously we are back It was a bit of a nightmare because we had a different vet to usual. Brandie didn't like him (don't blame her ) and had to be muzzled. But the good news is he didn't find anything terrible. She had her anal sacks (is that the right term?!) cleaned and an injection of antibiotics. She also has some pills to take incase it is an infection.
Now I just have to wait and see if she gets ill again or not. We are going back next Monday, not sure what that is for, just to check her out I assume?

If she gets ill again then she'll have to have blood tests done but for now it's looking ok
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:17 PM
That's good news then Brandie, and let's just hope the antibiotics cure whatever it is. Maybe keep a log of when and how ill she was if you can, like I used to do with Cassie and Georgie, and you may start seeing a pattern? I hope it won't be necessary but it's interesting to see things like that, especially if it's been happening a lot recently. Maybe also put in the log where she was walked that day, and it might turn out her sickness might coincide with a specific walk? That's what happened to me and as soon as I changed my walking area they stopped having funny bouts of sickness, as it was occuring too often for my liking. I was going to an area where a lot of those dog walkers were taking 15 dogs out at a time, and you just never know what some of them might have do you! Fingers crossed now for Brandie.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks Helena I will start keeping track of what's going on, if the antibiotics don't help. It will be good to have written down exactly what happens and maybe a pattern will emerge!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Maybe you can start it now, and think back to what you did when this latest episode started? Try and think back as far as you can as well to the last time? It might be worth it you know! good luck.
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Glad everything was ok, hopefully the antibiotics will clear up any lingering infection.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Glad everything went ok, hope she's feeling better
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

16-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
Thanks Christine! brandie wasn't too impressed with your advice though

Well obviously we are back It was a bit of a nightmare because we had a different vet to usual. Brandie didn't like him (don't blame her ) and had to be muzzled. But the good news is he didn't find anything terrible. She had her anal sacks (is that the right term?!) cleaned and an injection of antibiotics. She also has some pills to take incase it is an infection.
Now I just have to wait and see if she gets ill again or not. We are going back next Monday, not sure what that is for, just to check her out I assume?

If she gets ill again then she'll have to have blood tests done but for now it's looking ok
No I bet she wasn`t expect she enjoyed her *brunch tho*

Its just that vet may want to do xrays, that`ll mean anaesthetic & if they`ve eaten beforehand it delays it being done

Glad he`s not found anything tho what did he think of her drinking more than usual & did he test her urine?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 01:39 PM
aww im so glad everything went well for brandie big big hugs for her for being so good
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >