View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with the flashiness or showmanship of a dog sometimes swaying a judge if two dogs are on par with each other technically, and also to amend my first statement about a judge having some connection to the handler, I should have clarified that really what I meant was, if the handler is well known or recognised as a "professional handler" sometimes this can sway the judge and overlook certain faults within a dog.

Mo
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Thats how I took what you said as the handler being a face, of which I'm not, I just think I'm a blimming good handler if I do say so myself (well My handling critque from the semi's speeks alot!! )
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 09:32 AM
lol I wasnt talking about you personally Ice queen, I was talking about a gait on the dog with cruciate damage being noticed by a judge, and may be overlooked because of the handler if the judge recognises them. but a good judge WILL see there is something wrong with the gait.

BTW I have never been a member of the kennel club, I do not pay a subscribtion and I have never signed anything to say I would abide by them....I just do

each time a dog is entered into a KC reg show, the dogs owner signs a statement accepting the rules, they dont have to be members of the KC, they just have to fill in an entry form, and the rules state.

No act or operation which alters the natural conformation of a dog or any part thereof may be performed except.
(a) operations certified to the satisfaction of the General Committee

a few more exceptions and then finally.
Nor must anything be done calculated in the opinion of the General Committee to deceive,

Mo
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Oop's forgot about the entry form, not owning any dogs means I don't sign an entry form so didn't even think about it!

Will now go a shoot myself for being so stupid!!!!
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Ice Queen,
I can only go by our way! to show a dog here you first have to be a member and by signing the membership you are agreeing to be bound by the code of ethics and rules.
My fourteen year old son is showing a interest in it and has been going to show handling classes and I will get him a jnr membership
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Just thought i'd let you all know that we're now showing Chloe. She's been doing ringcraft and is doing really well! She learned to stand really quickly and although she sometimes still sits she's getting better! One thing is though, i cant run with her, i have to walk very fast!lol If i even break into a jog she's off!!lol But she trots nicely beside me if i walk fast enough!

She's done a couple of companion shows and won at both of them (gundog class and a novelty class!lol). We're entering her in a couple of limit and open shows that are coming up in the next couple of months so we'll see how she goes!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Good for you, did you obtain permission?
Dawn.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh yeah, we got a letter from the Kennel Club
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
:smt023 Great stuff! Take it to the shows, by rights you should produce it in the ring (usually given to the steward) and of course should the judge suspect anything, you have your proof with you. Good luck with her.
Dawn.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Thats great news!!!! Let us know how you get on
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >