View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 06:04 PM
There's a programme on BBC2 now choosing the right Puppy for you! Looks as though it might be interesting!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Well timed reminder Moyra. Sadly, such programmes are not on my watching list as they aggravate the hell out of me. Most of the people who seem to want a puppy wouldn't be given the time of day by me - let alone a living breathing, sentient creature
The clowns that pose as dog trainers and behaviourists also annoy me so they too get short shrift.
For me there are surely enough good dog trainers in this world (take Brenda for example) who would put on a good show full of info for the general public. But no! They always seem to get a top rate fool who "knows" someone in TV land or is photogenic, full stop.
Sorry didn't mean to rant on!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 06:55 PM
I think Brenda that maybe they feel awkward that they aren't going to continue, no dogs out of either of my puppy classes continued
LG...I will accept the owls whenever...we don't mind, the more the merrier here
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Moyra this is a repeat of a programme that was on earlier in the week. I was so sad when the people bought the cockapoo that to me looked suspiciously like a backyard breeder. Thanks Gordon for the vote of confidence. I do try to give the best help and advice where possible, so does Sara. Off to find that handsome Gurkha. and yes Moyra have a drink. I have, a very nice red wine. Cheers.I like owls but then I have one in the disguise of a dog called Wildfell eagle owl alias Tyto.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Well, I was feeling for the puppies in most of those cases. They had no idea what they were getting into or what to expect. Cannot call that doing their research!

Steve has gone out for his pre birthday bash at his local club, so I am off to bed. Goodnight all. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:27 PM
To be honest, with my first dog, we hadn't really planned on getting her, both parents had had dogs as kids but never had their own...we did well enough with her, we basically knew which end to feed and water and that was it lol....that dog could not have had a better life, we learnt together and here we are on dog number 4
Moyra, make the most of the peace and qyiet
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Oo June I see there is a new Musketeers on next Saturday.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Hello all,
Happy gotcha day Sammy for yesterday - bet you got spoiled
We've been out this morning then couldn't decide what to have for dinner so we went out to our local Brewers Fayre was very nice too, was norty though and had Belgian waffles with hunnycomb ice cream -yum
Moyra you enjoy a drink whenever you want- it's your home!! Not printable what I'd have said
It's been raining all day Rosie not happy.
LG I had to google Whit walk sounds fun I was in a brass band in my much younger years sorry your in a grumpy mood though
Griff we same, had many dogs with my mum over the years learnt as we went on, think we did ok. Most of our dogs were rescues, my mum used to say she rescued dogs from 'idiots who don't deserve any animals '
Brenda have a fab holiday
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Oo June I see there is a new Musketeers on next Saturday.
Yayyy finally
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2016, 08:14 PM
It was the last Sean Bean today, Battle of Waterloo, only he and Sergeant Harkin came out alive. Oliver Tobias was in it as well, so lots of lovely men this morning
I think the whole thing starts again in June, first time I have sat and watched every episode, I am going hunting in charity shops for the Sharpe books now as I've never read them
3 Musketeers will more than make up for Sean heading for Game Of Thrones to name but one.
Agree about the puppies, I never watch anything like that, find it very upsetting and shout at the telly
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >