View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick one Nippy take some arnica tablets and also put arnica cream on them. Must away.hope Casey is OK tomorrow.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Yes, hope Casey's visit to the vet went ok today. Nippy Jen, do take care of yourself. Horrible when our legs and ankles let us down. I empathise with you on that. Hope the Arnica helps. Is it your legs and ankles letting you down or do you have a balance problem in your ears, I know I get swimmy from sinus problems in my ears.

June sounds as though the girls had a good walk today, the weather has been much kinder here too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 04:34 PM
TW, I cheat a bit with grating...I do it before cooking, that way it is all nice and firm, I just then pop it in a pan or in the steamer and it is easier....I have a Philips food processor thing and you can get rough or granulating accessories... If I can't find it I will buy another
Sue, thank you...I am very relieved as the chap she is going to work for knows my mum very very well and is very happy to take her
All these people with sore bits, I saw a recipe for lotion bars for pain relief...I will make some for my dad at some point...if I can find the recipe again
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Had a nice Chinese meal. Am now well fed. As anyone got a solution for chronic skin irritation. I scratch myself to pieces particularly at night. I sometimes take as many a four antihistamine tablets in one go to try to alleviate it. I thought it was the statins causing it but even though I have left them off it still persists.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Calendula cream is a good herbal remedy, Moyra. Have you changed your washing liquid or softener, or maybe change to a hypo allergenic make.
I grate the veg before steaming it Griff, would just be nice to have a little machine to do it for me, but hey ho never mind, I did buy something that alleged it could do it, but complete waste of money, its now back in its box after being used once, and will find its way to the charity shop soon.
My friend is at Crufts tomorrow and has the eeby jeebies
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Thanks June, I will see if I can get some delivered with my order from Tesco tomorrow. That's if they do it. I use e45 at the moment but it doesn't seem to help!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Couldn't get Calendular Cream from Tesco's but have ordered Witch Hazel Salve so hope that will help. I'll go up to the Chemists tomorrow to see if I can get the Calendular cream.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 06:24 PM
I tried changing my washing powder to Fairy thinking it would be kinder to my flesh but it just didn't get the washing clean on low temps. I usually use Surf or Ariel. I do however add soda to the wash to protect the machine and am wondering if that could be the problem.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Yes soda is an irritant and that could be the problem. Maybe do the machine on a blind wash with soda perhaps. There is another cream called HC45 (I think) that is a bit stronger than E45, you can get it from the chemist. I always wash sheets, undies,towels on a 60 degree wash and put in dettol laundry disinfectant so perhaps that may be worth doing and use a hypoallergenic softener
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Moyra, you need either recover or surcare...they are special ones for skin, we have to wash all the dog stuff in it
TW, my food processor is great at grating, do you have a food processor? Let me have the model and I will see if I can find you the right bit
Back from the vet, deags was a star
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >