Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Thanks all for the kind thoughts - re dentist, am now sorted with a nice new ceramic filling, which set by the simple expedient of shining a little blue light on it - very impressed. Small amounts of drilling and polishing after it's installation but completely pain free. So my "gob" and let's face it, I've plenty of that, is restored to full working order.
Big well done for Lauryn, Mandy, you must be so proud and pleased, she can now forge ahead into this big old world in pursuit of her goal. The first hurdle is now officially cleared!
Sue - Pleased that your OH is now sorted and can get on with the job of recovering. Don't take any rubbish from him when he gets home he has now turned the corner and can only get better - so don't overdo the mollycoddling! See what a fine doctor I'd make! They'd sooner pop their clogs than have a visit from me - with my sub standard bedside manner! lol! Hope he is restored quickly and that all is well.
June - Good luck with fighting the dog-guard - hope you win.
Have a good rest of day everyone, see you later, bye fer now.
Love my trouble and dentist free plastic teeth..
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Mandy, so very very pleased for Lauryn...send her my hugest congratulations
Sue, send Tumbleweed my best and a speedy recovery
TW, have a google about the dog guard, some helpful soul may have done a youtube guide...save your son a lot of hassle
Hair now cut and i got some wallpaper for my bedroom ...when it eventually get decorated Lol...paste the wall stuff so you can just throw the wallpaper on the wall, no faffing with soaking paper
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Friend been on the phone and says there's a Utube vid and it looks easy to her, and anyone who says its not must be useless.
Anyhow.....reinstated the old arrangement and it was a lot easier than when I moved it to the back seats for the puppies to go in the boot part. So thats done and dusted and I've put plastic sheeting down with an old curtain on top, another couple of old sheets on that and it will work tomorrow to get the girls out, I suppose one day in the scheme of things doesn't matter but I'd made this sort of promise in my mind that it would Be Today. They've been so good these last few weeks, they must be stir crazy by now.
Tumbleweed put up a link ages ago to some rubber matting for the back of an estate and I kept the link in my watch list on ebay, measured the back and its 8 metres with the seats down, will see how much that will cost as not going to bother with the dog guard now unless Halfords answer me with a miraculous offer, which I doubt very much as they've had the complaint for almost 24 hours and all I've had is the automated response, in my mind thats not good enough from a large company. There's a site called Yelp where you can put a negative review up about a company, so thats my next move.
Griff, I can't decorate either, I'm pretty useless unless you give me a dog or a horse come to think of it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 02:37 PM
TW, i am o.k at decorating, it is just awkward trying to get up a ladder... my legs don't work properly Lol and trying to hold paper and not rip it or fall....heck!!!!!! i much prefer painting, can do that sat down with a pole and a pad/ roller. My bedroom has had the same paper up since i was a kid, it has just been painted over so really wants off now....thing is when you fetch the paper off the plaster is bound to come as it is an old house... the woodchip on one wall....not touching that Lol
Pleased there is a youtube vid...there is for most things now, quite thoughtful of people to take time to video it really
LG, pleased to hear you managed to survive the dentist and escaped relatively unhurt Lol...well your wallet might be smarting a bit!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, you really are so kind to think of me.
I haven't been on because I have been feeling to rotten and I didn't want to bore you all. I fell again I won't go into details but it bl**dy hurt. I fell between the bed and the wardrobe and couldn't get up. Eventually Brian had to get our neighbour to help. My knee is huge but I can walk so I haven't broken anything.
I'm glad Tumble is doing so well, hugs to him. You too Gordon what a brave little soldier you were at the dentist!
Congratulations to Lauren, wonderful results, well done.
Griff, perlease be careful on that ladder.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Oooh noooo Nippy, not another one falling, we really should take more water with it. Thats nasty falling where you did though, at least the Fire Brigade weren't called
Hoping you're feeling a bit better and not as sore as when you first did it. Good job Brian was there eh.
Been outside cleaning yard and kennels, they smell a lot fresher now,love the smell when everythings all clean. Need to brush girls, but got myself organised for tomorrow in the car so will take the undercoat rake with me and do them on the river. Have also started cleaning up the bit we cleared on Wednesday, done half of it, but can do no more, need to have a sit down, well hot shower and then sit down with a butty and brew.
Have ordered the matting, the stuff T'weed recommended didn't come in 8 metre lengths, but found some other stuff that did, I could have ordered 10 metres of T'weeds stuff, but that would mean cutting it, and don't even want to go down that road!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Nippy (((HUGS))), you would never ever bore us!!! Sorry you have got hurt, hoping you soon feel much better.
Crikey TW, how big is your car? 8 metres....that is 26 foot!!!! I am pleased you have decided to have a sit down and a cuppa
Mum is just at the drs, her chest infection has come back....again
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Its a 4 wheel drive import, runs on lpg as well I need a big car because the girls are Huuuuge I can get girls in, 4 bales of shavings in, shopping, everything I could possibly need. Only drawback is its costing me fortunes with all the jobs that need doing on it, but its 15 years old, and not cost me much till this year, and lpg is 46p a litre and as far as I'm concerned its worth its weight in gold, despite everything seems to cost in the region of £400 when it needs doing
Your poor mum, this'll be all the stress she had at work, really takes its toll of you.
Girls new leads have just been opened, Amazon sent this in this great big box with masses of packing, ordered some Gentle Leaders, so everyone is now fully equipped
PS Griff, have measured the back of my car and its 6ft, but the measure says 8 metres.....have emailed seller with this info so they can sort it out, I have no idea how long a metre is!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Brian said he is going to look on ebay for a lift to pick me up each time I fall
Goodness me TW that is some car, but as you say the girlies need it.
Griff I hope your Mum is ok and that the doctor can sort her out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2015, 03:43 PM
TW, a metre is 3ft 3 inches...basically the shallow end at a swimming pool i think That's why i queried how big your car was as my fence is 10 metres
Amazon have me in hysterics with the boxes, i ordered a scraper for doing the bannisters and spindles and they sent a box that was about a foot long by a foot wide for 1 poxy scraper Lol
Gentle leaders...what are they? are they head collars? i tried a head collar with kota and it ended in disaster, will go and google a gentle leader
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >