Our sister sites
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks all, new vet said neurological , steroids start tomorrow ,
stop metecam,
To do with immune system which is beyond me ,!following collision ,
I should see an improvement by Friday if not she will give me something to kick them in.
Will let you know how it goes,
Or any other suggestions,
Thank you.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2015, 01:59 PM
That is worrying for you John the steroids should help if there is inflammation somewhere.

No suggestions really just as already suggested to feed little and often if she will eat /keep warm and quiet /minimum exercise with no jumping up/ water next to her bed.

I hope to hear better news soon.
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Good morning all, Rosie started on the steroids yesterday morning and within 4 hours there was a big difference, she was up and looking for food and the depression look on here face had gone , she had lost almost 1 kg and she only weighed
11.7 to start with, today is the second day on steroids andd a she is

Looking good fingers crossed mad for food ! I am feeding boiled chicken, nuts, scrambled egg, honey, tripe and a small bit of poppys nuts, I have to ring the vet fri to report on her progress, She said u till rose is 2 years old she may need steroids again, anyone had this problem with there dog???
Thanks John.
Meg
Supervisor

07-05-2015, 09:02 AM
That is good news John gently does it....
As the cause is not certain I could not say I have had a dog with the same thing.

However, when Amy was a young dog she suddenly became immobile, her back legs didn't work properly and she exhibited signs of pain. I was absolutely distraught thinking she had some terrible illness.
I could think of no reason for her sudden dramatic condition.

I took her to the vet and she was given steroids and painkillers and recovered slowly. I restricted her movement as much as possible to give her body time to heal.

Pain has its uses in acute conditions , it is the body's way of restricting movement and painkillers can actually work against this making movement possible before something has healed properly .

I thought long and hard what could have caused Amy's problem. I initially found her in the sitting room and the only thing I could think of was that she had jarred her spine jumping off the chair in the window. She was a little madam and liked to jump up sit on the back of the chair and look out of the window when there was no one around .
Happily there was no recurrence of the problem.

I do hope Rosie dog makes a speedy recovery
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks Meg for your kind words, I will update when I have further news.
Regards John.
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Hi All, just o let you know Rosie is making steady progress she will be on the steroids for another 10days then wean off of them, I will be glad when she is off them,
Thanks all, try to have a good day.
Meg
Supervisor

11-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by johnboy999 View Post
Hi All, just o let you know Rosie is making steady progress she will be on the steroids for another 10days then wean off of them, I will be glad when she is off them,
Thanks all, try to have a good day.
That's good news John take it steady...
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3