View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Awww Malka . I hope she's feeling a lot better soon. Now don't bite my head off ,but would it be less work for u if she didn't sleep on the bed,could she not have a cosy bed net to yours?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Jakesmummy, Dogs get into a habit and it is very difficult to stop them doing something they have accepted as right from the beginning. Amber is a pest and takes up far too much room on my bed but there is no way I could stop her from thinking it is her bed first and foremost and in between walks she sleeps on it all the time. I have just come back from walking Amber and it is so cold and wet and rainy out there. Winter has come with a vengeance!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Just gathered up another 15 bags of garden leaves and taken to the dump,. Took 2 cars this time to get rid of them
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon all....

OMG!!!!! Lynn, that is an awful lot of money!!! Hope Matt can get you sorted, if not let me know and I'll have a word with my ex, see if he can help. Words fail me on that "article" who conned you. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT HIM!! He obviously has the problem of being someone who comes across as Mr Nice Guy and he took advantage of you xx Really hope you can get some of the money back.

Sorry to see Pereg is fitting, hope you get the sheets ect dry and back on the bed, am well impressed Griff, you sound like if you want something done, then you do it...get that wrapping done NippyJen, haven't even started with my Christmas shopping yet, have got as far as looking on Amazon and have even put somethings in my basket. Sorry to see some poorlies, it's a bad thing when you cant get to see a doctor, have to make an appointment to be ill now Hope Gordon isn't too stiff and sore this moring after his slope and dyke jumping yesterday. Hi to who I have missed...xx

Weekend went by quickly. had to separate four of the cockerels out from the chicken run. Got one who has gone a bit nasty and is attacking a few of the hens and a little cockerel I have, so am afraid he will have to go. had to make a decision on Marilyn, Nuggets dad. If I want to keep Nugget, then Marilyn has to go But if you have them, then sometimes you have to make this decisions. At least I know they have had, I hope, a happy life.

Had my health review done yesterday. Not too bad but not that good either my cholesterol is up and my kidney function is quite low, but the good news is my liver is very well. have to drink more to get my kidney function up, so more wine then No the nurse says, has to be water

Eversuffering husbands car is having a wheel bearing done, so even more expense but it had to be done. Have to go and pick it up in a bit and fetch the tripe and bones.

Gone really cold and windy here, so when I get home, I will be lighting the fire and settling for the night. Will try to nip in later xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jakesmummy View Post
Awww Malka . I hope she's feeling a lot better soon. Now don't bite my head off ,but would it be less work for u if she didn't sleep on the bed,could she not have a cosy bed net to yours?
Not possible Vicky as there is no room in my bedroom or anywhere in my bungalow for a bed for her.

Things have partly dried out but as I have nowhere else to sleep I might have to end up on a damp bed. At least the stink of emptied anal glands has eased off, thanks to all the windows being open.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Hells bells Lynn that is a lot of money. Just had a quick look on line and you can get a new boiler for less of course depends on size.

Pleased you got your CCTV working Griff.

Hope Lord Gord is ok today, have just read about his escapade yesterday, not good.

I take it Eileen you are up to your ears again in decorations

Dull and damp now. Just had lunch now for a coffee and wait to see if my son comes on line for a quick chat before Maria goes to school.

Have a safe afternoon all
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Oh dear lord Lynn, I missed that first time round.
Now don't shout at me, but do you think it would be better to have a new boiler and finish with it? I know you trust Matt now but you did originally think the other bloke was ok. I'm just thinking that by bodging things all the time it is costing you more and more money.
As Sue says you could get a new boiler for that price. A bad time of year for all this expense
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Afternoon all a new oil boiler is about £3000 that's without fitting. We would have to go with the sem type etc., due to all the oil lines that run from the tank to the boiler then to the pipes in the house etc., they are complicated things. Can't have gas as no gas in the village.
So I think we will have to go with Matt rebuilding the tank for us. That's going to be a good few hundred too on top of what we have already paid and of course the £400 lost on the first idiot .
Had a nice chat with eldest a little while ago he says we must report that idiot he can't get away with what he has done. So trading standards will be getting a call in the next few days I guess.

Hope everyone is well and it has turned cold here too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Ah yes, sorry Lynn I forgot it was an oil boiler.
I do think that eldest is right though. Mr Bodger cannot be allowed to get away with it
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Malka. Just an idea do u have bin bags if so cut them open and put them over the bed u can even stick tape them together, then u won't be on a wet bed .and it might save you if she poorly tonight xx
I'm talking about the big black bin bags .ive done it before whn little one was ill for a week with a tummy bug.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >