View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I wonder how Duncan is this arvo, do hope he is enjoying laying in the sun on his bark bed.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I wonder how Duncan is this arvo, do hope he is enjoying laying in the sun on his bark bed.
He is the very best Moyra,been on two hikes already Good job because now its lashing it down Is in the shed on his quilt.Hopefully the fireworks going off later isn't going to be a problem,not sure how he'll react to them but we'll cross that bridge if and when it happens.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Oh Brilliant Eileen, so glad he has been good today. I hope he has a restful night in the shed. God bless for all you do for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Afternoon everyone sorry for my absence been fighting a few demons but seem to of come out the other side. Partly thanks to Elaine who I met Tuesday lunch time it was nice to have a girlie catch up and lots of chat.
I haven't been idol I have been sealing some holes in the brickwork floor level in the conservatory and have just sealed inside and out with water proofer. Hoping that's done the trick then we can start converting that into the dining room and the dining room part of the kitchen into downstairs cloakroom and utility.
We have everything crossed we have blocked out the rat from the loft it will be a whole week this Saturday and not seen or heard anything. I must admit that was really beginning to get me down.
I have been hovering and have seen how well Eileen has done with Duncan and that he will be going to the hound rescue. I think you need a gold star Eileen.
Sorry it didn't turn out Mabs was expecting June.
Hoping griff had a good birthday yesterday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Lovely to hear you're on the way out the other side now, Lynn, I was getting a bit worried because you said you were very down, hoping the demons have gone back where they belong now. Coffee, cake and a girlie chat always makes things a lot more bearable somehow doesn't it Been out shopping and trying to cheer up a bit, was nearly in tears this morning talking to a friend, but I have to snap out of this and get on with it, make a way forward somehow, and I will, just need to get my wits together and sit and think it all through. Moyra I've bought a bit of grass seed, as Nigel was here the other day and my grass had a short back and sides and there are bald patches as well, so I am going to sprinkle the seed and see if it does any good. Well I think I'll have an hour with my book now, cup of tea in hand and feet up. Girls are very quiet and probably fast asleep, its so warm here, 18 degrees, sun was out till just a bit ago, not a bit like end of October, I used to have the fire in full time by now, and we'd have had a few frosty mornings already. As long as there's no torrential rain I'll be quite happy, it can rain at night if it wants.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Nice to see you back Lynn, always good to get rid of Demons on Halloweens day, and impromptu picnic was delish.....even if it was in a car park

Sorry it's not good news with Mabs TW, I so feel for you, I cut our lawn on monday and it looks like it needs another one now!!! Glad to see Duncan is happily snuggled in the shed with a quilt.

I will be fetching Anoush later, keeping fingers crossed for her.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Was just wondering how Anoush was and what the news on her was. Am hoping it is going to be OK for her. Just gets me down that's all, Puppy farmers breed back to back, don't care about health, diversity, feed rubbish, pay out as little as possible and they churn out litters, costs me several hundred pounds, I do everything possible, and there are none at the end of it. I know you know the feeling Elaine!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Good evening.

Sorry to read you have been down Lynn (hugs)

Fingers crossed for Anoush Elaine.

When my eldest son lived at home (stayed longer than youngest he paid me for food and keep but didn't
expect me to buy deodorant etc. A review is need Moyra

Been busy today. OH fitted tiles and I grouted them last night. Today I stripped the walls and rubbish down the tip. Then a lunch out was called for by him (he'd had been busy ). Also a length of skirting board as I suggested yesterday, but wouldn't fit in the car I was told and any way the bit that needed replacing was ok. He had a look and the glue on the back was unbelievable to agreed to a new piece. That is now fitted so tomorrow rub down walls and paintwork and wash down and then hopefully get the painting done. Its not a big room but has so many angles so may be a slow job papering it.

Have a good evening
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Well OH has stripped off all the wall paper in the downstairs toilet and we have been out and got some skirting board for one section. The piece I replaced was g more like the same profile as the rest, another bodge job by some idiot who fitted anything . So when the "no more nails" is set tomorrow Sue is itching to get started with painting and wallpapering. Bit like a terrier with a bone, worrying about it until the room is finished.
So in our household there is a do'er and an organiser (one person) and the other a watcher to make sure it is done properly. The second is the hardest job because of being told to keep out of the way all the time. leave you all to guess which is which

Showing new skirting board fitted and covering up 2 huge holes behind it
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Love this Hubby and Wife team
So good to have you back LYNN,you've been missed No gold star needed honestly load off my mind knowing where he is instead of lying awake wondering.Everyday he does something that amazes me,but also a lot that says he really needs the expert help he's heading for.Not many fireworks here so far and all is quiet with the doglets.
Waiting on OH,he's on his way,be happy to see him,it's been a long week
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >