Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Morning

A busy few days for you Lynn - I hope both dogs stay injury free.

I hope your ankle is okay Fourlegz.

I hope Moyra and Griff both feel better to vent a little. Good reasons for a grump too.

I made 3 lots of packed lunches last night so this morning wasn't quite so manic.

Poor Michael was down for shepherd's pie last week but for some reason they gave him jacket spud with baked beans and he hates baked beans and apparently he cried. All he had to eat were some carrots and a biscuit - I'd have thought they'd have offered him some bread and fruit. I thought both of these were freely available at lunchtime. I've emailed to ask because it's not ideal for a 4-year-old to barely eat during the day. His last meal was breakfast at 7.30 am and we didn't get home from school until 4.30 pm.

Since I got Loki that fish for his birthday he's been hassling me every day for more. That's the thing with Loki - if it's something he enjoys he only has to experience it once before he makes it part of his routine. And yes, I have been giving in.

Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Morning Malka.
Morning Linda poor Michael couldn't they of been a bit more inventive than carrots and biscuits.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Malka.
Morning Linda poor Michael couldn't they of been a bit more inventive than carrots and biscuits.
I think the carrots were served with the spud and beans so he ate them The biscuit was for afterwards. But yes, they could have offered him something else to eat to fill him up a bit - his sister was there and told the assistant he doesn't like beans. I don't understand how they mixed it up because he was rightly given a red arm band to wear (to show he was having the meat option).

In preparation for school meals, I persuaded everyone to try a jacket spud with baked beans and cheese during the holidays. I hate the things myself (I like kidney beans, butter beans etc. but I hate the sauce baked beans come in) but OH loves them.

Anyway, I used a large tin between the three of them and both kids almost turned green - they hated the beans but at least they gave it a go. So for some reason, OH decided he'd eat theirs too and that evening I made a chilli with ......... kidney beans. He didn't half regret eating the childrens's beans earlier in the day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 09:41 AM
awwww poor little Michael, would they let him keep a pot noodle at school for such occasions ?.... far from ideal but better than nothing, poor wee thing must have been starving, wonder what would have happened had he been diabetic?
TW.... wow, internet and a car... you are being spoilt today!
i have had no call from Tuffnells, so i have called the place i ordered the flooring off, she is going to chase as all her info from tuffnells shows is loaded onto van for delivery which was friday and not been updated since, i am really beginning to think someone has nicked it, wasn't that cheap either £140.... only ordered online as it was the thickness i needed to compensate for the gap between the kickboards and plyboard on the floor, if it isn't coming today i wish they would just say as i am rushing to go to the loo, to get drinks, let the pup out etc... poor pup hasn't had her walk yet and probably won't get out until my dad gets in. Training starts tonight so she will be very happy to see her doggy mates so hopefully that will make up for missed walks
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Oh Linda - poor Michael. It really is not right to not only give him the wrong food but then leave him to go all day on just carrots and a biscuits.

- Right. I had the telephone call I was waiting for and have bought the food processor. It is the size I wanted, the same 800 wattage which is all I need - bit surprised that it also comes with a liquidizer attachment which I do not need but still... cost the equivalent of just over £50 and no doubt I could have found the same or similar one cheaper had I been able to get out, but then I would have to take taxi fares and day care for Pereg into consideration.

No delivery charge so I am well satisfied.

But now the pavement outside the macolet has been dug up and there is no way I can get there. People are having to scramble over loose pavement bricks and it is utter chaos.

Oh well, cannot win 'em all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Good morning all.

You have a busy few days with two dogs Lynn. Hope your car is ready today TW and the girls enjoy the river. Hope you have had a call re the food processor Malka and it will be delivered soon

I would demanding compensation for the non deliver Griff - they don't seem to care now days.

It was chilly when out with Teazle but got warm on the way home. Tesco run done and all shopping put away now having a quick coffee.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 11:15 AM
i have spoken to tuffnells again, i swear i want to kill somebody! apparently there is nothing in the depot, they can't get hold of the driver so my order should be on the main van for delivery.... please note he said should i asked at what point would i know if i am getting my delivery today, apparently the van is still quite full so the driver would need to find it?? but i thought he couldn't get hold of the driver? i just give up! i have emailed tuffnells and complained, i have told them how disgusted i am by my treatment and that i am getting lied to, and how the hell does a company lose a roll of cushionfloor
You all seem to have busy days today and have had a busy day so far, i have had one good thing happen today, dakotas new collar arrived and......... it fits!!!!!!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I agree with Sue, Griff. Get some compo. What if you'd booked someone to come & lay the flooring? You'd probably have had to pay them for wasting their time.
Pleased about the collar though

June - CAR? Saying nowt til it's safely back home with you.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Good day everyone. Fire the maroons, put out the bunting, TW gets her car today(We hope). Sadly all is not so good with delveries of floor covering. Someone should get it in the neck over the carrot and biscuits fiasco, not right at all little Michael being subjected to that sort of treatment. Hope the new Processor lasts a good while Malka......! Sounds a bit grim you killing! the old one, had you warned it about it's conduct previously and pronounced the Death Sentence thereon after it's failure to comply with your wishes? Gosh you're a hard lady to get on the wrong side of!!!! Back home new girl Tess has just blotted her copybook with a big puddle right in front of me, being new I cannot yet read her signals, but such things are far from the end of the world, being such a small price to pay for the pleasure of such a beautiful new girl, lets face it after all these years I'm a dab hand with a mop! Off out now with the Mem and pack - hopefully for some nice tiring excercise (tired puppies being good puppies) Will pop in later bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Afternoon Sue and Gordon. griff disgusting service from Tuffnells.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »