Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Good afternoon all

Enjoy your painting Helena

Good luck with the car hunt Elaine and pleased the little chick is doing ok.

Been busy this morning, dog walked, argued with the Open Uni about my son's registration. One says you can register on line now they are saying he has to phone. The ball is now in his court as I have done all I can this end even paying the course fee

Apple crumble for eldest son and blackberry and apple for us have been made and now cooling ready to freeze so now to cook lunch. May try to get the grass cut this afternoon

Have a good afternoon everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Just got back from walking Amber with Blue, the communial gardener said 'cor she has lost some weight' so I told him she is on a diet and is getting the extra walks with the scooter. So I am glad it is noticing. I reckon she has lost that half kilo she put on and some more besides. Fingers crossed.

Nippy Jen, I think your Olly is beautiful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Afternoon all who have followed.
Elaine good luck with the car hunting and enjoy OH's extended stay at home.
Typical TW then they expect us to trust them to run the country.
Poor Michael Linda I hope he is happier today. I hate children like that come and spoil it for all the others.

Having a coffee after digging out a pile of strawberry runners taking over the garden. Still loads to dig up and Dillon has brought half the garden in with him after digging his bed deeper the one right by the house.
He seems easier on the leg so the Rymadil has worked hoping he has just strained it after all. He has been running up and down the garden chasing me carrying the old plants to the rubbish pile. So much for resting him.
Nanny nap today Malka.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2014, 11:46 AM
How strange - I switched on my mobile to call someone [I rarely use it] and there was an SMS message from Dr Vadim, the Local Authority Vet who comes to give Da Booga her yearly rabies shot, but all it said was 9am...

...So I called him and he said 9am next Tuesday, but as he has been saying Tuesday for weeks I am not holding my breath waiting.

First time he has ever sent me an SMS message though, even if all I received was "9am". He does not speak or understand English so the rest of the message would have been in Ivrit only there was no more message. Just "9am"
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear the little chick is hanging on.... what sort of jag are you after? we have a xjs 3.6 manual... i think she will be having to go though as she needs work and i am not up to it
Sorry to hear Dillon seems to have hurt himself, hopefully a couple of days of painkillers will sort him out
Gordon.... i need more hours in the day too
Helena, hope you get your painting finished
Mandy, my nan always used to tell me it was something she ate that had disagreed with her... wouldn't have it tht booze could be off, hope you feel better
Nippy, i looooooove your owl
Brenda, hope you are pleased with your glasses
Lore, hope the course goes well
Moyra, feel better soon
Sue, your puds sound lovely
My parents house is now sky blue at the back Lol, that will please my dad as that is his footy team, i got fed up with waiting for them to decide about a colour of paint so went ahead and bought it, B&Q were doing dulux weathershield 2 for £40, so i bought two tins for when the front of the house gets rendered, i reckon i would have only needed one tin, my neighbour has already said how nice it is and how she doesn't like the colour of hers so no doubt she will paint it the same as mine... b*gger
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Griff - sky blue is the colour they have painted the front of the macolet across the road [hopefully open some time next week after over a month now]. It looks sort of OK at the moment as the sky is blue blue blue but I think it would have been far better had they chosen green to match the trees that are behind and over it.

Some years ago I had a sort of boyfriend although too old really to be called that, who had a painting/decorating company, and one of his clients wanted the whole outside of their house painted blue. And there was a lot of paint left so he brought it round to my house and even though it was outside paint I liked it so he painted all three bedrooms blue!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Got a phone call to say my leads were in, £86 I've paid for them and they're being dropped off after 3 today.
Caught bus to get shopping and then have spent the rest of the afternoon on the river with both sets of girls in shifts.
Sun is out and its really warm and beautiful down there.
All (brand new ) balls have now been lost, so they're attacking a bone each and then will have a doze probably.
Having a butty and cup of tea and will have to attack the house, got people coming for Trial By Utonagan on Sunday, so it needs to look like I care
Hope you're feeling better now, couldn't have been drink - could it - Mandy
Griff, you should have gone with the first plan of the purple cows
Helena, you've got the painting bug as well, I've painted myself to a standstill, not touched the back yard fence, wall or kennels yet though, so will have to make a start on that
Amber's doing well with her weight loss already by the sounds of it Moyra, Blue is definitely proving to be an asset for both of you
Nippy, not heard if you and Tango have been out on a date with Brian recently, are you still a bit sore after the fall, the owl is gorgeous by the way, should have commented and I didn't, sorry
Elaine, so pleased to her LC is hanging on in there, little soul, I really hope he/she makes it through. Car hunting sounds lovely, can't wait to see your piccies when you find Mr Jag
Blackberry and Apple pie, beautiful, will there be ice cream with it Sue
Hiya Gordon, hows the weather up there, hope you're getting the sunshine we are getting further down from you in your mountain eyrie
Off to have my cuppa and read emails, I've got 14 of them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Second coat is on...... god knows why my dad didn't do it a couple of years back, it only takes about 20 minutes with a roller and pole! i must say it does look really classy...well it will do once the window frames have had the algae stuff cleared off them, upvc and a back that is kept mostly shaded is not a good mix. I still would have loved to paint it purple cow print, my mum said yes and dad no..... yet my dad didn't care what colour it got painted? and my mum will not be happy that it is blue Lol.... i like living on the edge!
TW, glad your HT leads have arrived, my eyes watered when i got some for my dads car, it is amazing how something so simple can cost so much, hopefully when this is all done you will be back on the road and all this will be a distant nightmare!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2014, 03:05 PM
yeah, the room went round when they said £86, but I have a tiger by the tail now and either way I will be savaged, so have to keep going with it. Apparently IF the plugs HAD been changed as they're supposed to, then none of this would have happened as the HT leads would not be firmly welded to the plugs Tell me, Griff, is replacing the plugs not a part of servicing a car, always thought it was, yet this car came to me having been serviced and MOT'd at a main dealer, I then had it serviced myself around March/April time, I am sure servicing used to include plugs and points, I mean are you supposed to ask for them to be done nowadays
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 03:13 PM
when your car goes for service, it will depend on the mileage the service you get, for instance i am a land rover tech, we did a 1800 mile check just to check all was o.k, then a 6000 mile which was oil and filter change, level checks tyre pressures and depths, brake check, the next was 12000 that was the big service, you changed all oils and filters, checked all levels, changed brake fluid (if i remember correctly) changed Plugs if fitted, tyre pressures and depths brakes etc, the really massive one was a 72000 service where you did everything including changing the cambelt, so yes your vehicle should have had it plugs changed, a lot of mechanics cut corners as things are done by a book time.... so if you can book 3 hours for a job but do it in 2, you get onto your next job quicker... most places operate a bonus scheme so basically the more hours you book through the bigger your bonus which is why people cut corners.
forgot to say, at the main dealer service there should be a tick sheet showing the service schedule....on there it should show if the plugs were changed
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »