View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Oh TW June, I so agree, but why can they not see that they could share in the opulence of the western world if they only gave it a try after all Saudi Arabia have everything they need and more why aren't they sharing it?
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Right, we'll consider fate well & truly tempted. Been so busy today that neither of us has finished our work so have to go in tomorrow
Good to be so busy but I was really looking forward to my break.
S'pose on the grand scale of things I'm still one of the lucky ones...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Awww FL, that is such an anticlimax

We had an unexpected visit from Kyla and her Mum this afternoon. I suspect it was to get her out somewhere she was in such a bad mood. We had a couple of tantrums whilst she was here
In the end Granddad offered them a lift home, which cut short the visit
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Nippy Jen, some of the little ones do have tantrums they do not understand themselves, just feel out of sorts. I hope she is ok now. Perhaps she wasn't getting the full attention she thought she deserved?!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 05:58 PM
You been busy all.. so have I but in different ways. Few berries picked but ah well!
Massive shopping in Killarney then caught Mass at the Cathedral before heading off into the wilds..
Lovely man at the butchers where they save chicken backs saw me driving up and had a big bag ready for me bless him.
Then got beef bones from the butcher in Killorglin.

Picked up one month's meds thankfully.

Met so many fascinating and kind folk at the Bog Museum, and Kells and chatted to a kid selling strawberries in a layby and I can join him to sell my stuff.. IF the weather settles etc etc etc

Paddled in the sea at Kells; bitter cold water!

Found a new, to me, road across the mountain and the beauty nearly had me in tears.

Had just started the Ballaghbeama road when i rounded a bend to find a traffic jam ie two cars.. german tourist trailing a heron taking photos of it. Heron was trailing its wing clearly not fit.
I asked him was it hurt and he suddenly realised. It headed off into brambles and got stuck so I made him catch it, wrapped it in a shopping bag and blanket and into the car... It was shocked.
Drove the high pass with these beady eyes and long beak in the mirror...
Poor bird is now safe in the utility with water and some bread.... just googled "injured heron and apparently I should have worn goggles and gloves... It did try once at my face when I was getting it out of the car and I wa quite glad it had recovered enough to show some fight.
It is very unsteady on its feet.
I know the Manager of the Killarney National Park and one of the Rangers so will email them for help first thing.Utterly breathtakingly lovely bird.I thnk it may have been hit a glancing blow by a car but they will know what is best.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So AiD are collecting it all today.
Nice to see you still supporting them, I gave half my Eurotunnel Frequent Traveler fares to a friend in return for her sending them a donation. She also sponsored a dog with them.

Have you checked your PM's I am beginning to wonder is you ever received it, or maybe you're not talking to me anymore
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Oh TW June, I so agree, but why can they not see that they could share in the opulence of the western world if they only gave it a try after all Saudi Arabia have everything they need and more why aren't they sharing it?
Same reason in Ireland and the UK some are rich and some are poor. ame as in India there is abundant wealth but our babies die of starvation.

We cannot change these things but there is always something we can do where we are. I am blessed to have family working in India I can trust and to have work that supports them.
And the small works of help and kindness I can do also.

In the end we can only live OUR live to the best we can, not anyone else;s

The Muslim threat is the most ominous and dangerous there is. We have a huge new mosque being built in Dublin. They aim to take over the entire world.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Nippy Jen, some of the little ones do have tantrums they do not understand themselves, just feel out of sorts. I hope she is ok now. Perhaps she wasn't getting the full attention she thought she deserved?!

Often tiredness too...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Rose, as long as they respect other religions and freedoms then there is no problem but unfortunately a lot of hatred and rationalism is preached in these mosques. The Imam's must learn to preach acceptance of other religions or GOD HELP US ALL.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Rose, as long as they respect other religions and freedoms then there is no problem but unfortunately a lot of hatred and rationalism is preached in these mosques. The Imam's must learn to preach acceptance of other religions or GOD HELP US ALL.
They never will do that Moyra. They are fanatics as Hitler was. Totally out of any tolerance, into total control and domination. By force.

God does help us all! I think you know that and I certainly do.

All makes me so very thankful to be in the heart of rural Ireland even with the Healy Raes who also are bullies etc.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >