Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Afternoon all

Glorious sunshine here atm although on my walk it was wild and windy and raining, that's just typical though isn't it. Went up on the top, had to wait till gone 9 to avoid the school run and then met all the muppets up there with half a dozen dogs each, but we managed to keep out of harm's way.

Dave's busy doing the bathroom, he's now got some flooring down underneath his new wash basin. I've been preparing a steak and onion pie for lunch and hovering about.

I've just done my e-mail of complaint to the Beefeater office and we will see what they come back with. I'm not bothered about a freebie, I just want to know WHY their steaks are sometimes like this as I've told them, they're not *as described* are they really when they advertise flamegrilled More like bluddy steamed or microwaved to me, and I've had plenty of experience in the catering trade I can tell yer, had 3 catering businesses in my previous life.

Jen, glad to hear you're enjoying a bit of sunshine and good luck with Brian at the docs today with his pills.

No Jenny yet?? That's worrying with all the water surrounding them up there

Hi Eileen, I'm like your o/h, I'm always the first to complain, but I didn't want to ruin the ambience of a lovely evening with Dave, cos he gets fed up with me complaining about food in restaurants Plus, I want to be able to go back there, even if we have fish and chips next time, but I'd much rather have a proper chargrilled steak thanks!

Hi Lynn, glad you got out for a nice walk be it a windy one.

Hi Linda,Moyra, Kazz, Mandy, and anyone else I've missed, I'm gonna throw my pie in the oven now.

They've sent in the Marines now down in the Somerset Levels, too little too late imo That poor farmer, losing all his livelihood and now his house on top, just not fair.

When I came home along the narrow, clifftop road, which is very wiggly and windy, there was a girl in front trotting along on a horse, and another one in two on a lead rope, so I held back well away from her to save her from being shunted up the rear around a bend. She turned around and gave me the thumbs up before I turned off right. I hope she doesn't have to go all the way along that road cos I can see an accident happening, it's far too narrow and windy to do that, not to mention FAST the way they zoom along there.

Well, batton down those hatches then Jen cos I think it's probably just landing at yours by now Catch you all laters.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Afternoon all,

I've had a quick read through. Bev I hope they can sort your boiler quickly and thank goodness its milder than normal not that that will help much

I'm feeling thoroughly depressed and it takes a lot to make me feel like this but all the roads to our house etc etc are now flooded. I was awake a lot during the night hearing the rain but at 6 got the dogs out in the riverside garden as there were just large puddles. The Thames has shot up suddenly and by 9.30 the garden was fully submerged by 6 - 8" of water. OH took me up to my car and I've done a massive food shop. We still have some of our roadside garden but as soon as that goes it will be carrying the dogs to the landrover to get them out. None of us can believe just how quickly it has come up.

I collected a black sack of dead leaves, twigs and small branches (from the entrance of the top field where every dog pees before they go into the field) which I will later empty on to the corner of our sealed off balcony so that the dogs have somewhere to pee last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

We are better off than some other houses down here but we have been flooded more since Christmas than not

I hope you all have a good weekend .... I may pop in later but don't worry if I don't .... (our house won't flood thank goodness) as I'm feeling thoroughly naffed off now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Oh Jenny Your commoradary and stiff upper lip attitude over it all has been admirable in my eyes, and now you've had enough, who can blame you Anyone in your position would have felt like this weeks ago with the last lot, but you soldiered on.

I'm totally pee'd off with it too, but it doesn't affect anything for me except the enjoyment of my dog walks, so I have nothing to complain about.

Stock yourselves up, light that fire, gimme a ring if you want to vent off, I'm always a good listener and I promise not to talk too much *sighs*, stop watching that forecast now Jen, it really isn't worth it anymore

All I can say is, thank God we don't have horses to worry about anymore, that would just about push me over the edge

It will end somewhen soon Jenny, it's got to, otherwise we'll all sink along with you.xxxxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks Helena I'll probably give you a ring over the weekend
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Morning Jenny I am surprised you have kept as cheerful for as long as you have. Like Helena I am totally fed up with it too now and the same for me it ruins walks and the grass what little there is left of it so now its mud that is walked in by Dillon and I am fed up of having quilt covers down everywhere. But when I read about your circumstances Jenny Nippy's and the people living in Dawlish and the Somerset levels I count myself pretty lucky.
You moan and vent away we will listen.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi guys

Helena, hope you are safe down there.

Jenny, you must be sickened with it now, I'm not surprised you are getting pee'd off.

Sorry, I've forgotten what is going on with everyone else but I hope you are all keeping well.

Been a busy morning, but it's been a good one. I am just hoping Brian will be fit enough to take Davie to meet me in Inverness, he went out last night. Davie has a paediatrician appointment today and I'm not going to be amused if he is too hung over to take Davie up.

I'm going to try to get a relaxing sleep tonight, but chanter practise with Davie first, and I think he has some science homework too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Afternoon Lorraine fingers crossed Brian gets Davie to Inverness.
Wouldn't want to be in his shoes if he doesn't especially for something so important.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Aww JENNY(( hugs)),ah no scrap that, defo a case for Duffers (( hugs)).any wonder you're feeling down,would get on the wick of a saint!! Fingers crossed it'll be all over soon,and everything can get back to normal
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Morning all.... ************HUGS************** to you all. each and every one of you...

Terrible terrible weather you are having!!!

This is my OFFICIAL Invite for you all to come and stay!!!! Please give me plenty of notice as I shall need to clean!! doglets can come too!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Little trip to Mapel Valley that's going on my bucket list DD Huge(( hugs)) to you,just cause you're gorgeous Won't be long now till the folks show up,bet you're all excited
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »