View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Wow!!! so you should be proud, they look great, very handsome.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
LOL They're girls, so they look BEAUTIFUL lol
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Simply Beautiful.... she is going to be a stunning colour

and brag away.....xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Missed these earlier, and wow, what a trio of joy you've bred there June All that hard work and particularness (is that a word lol!) with everything you do, is it any wonder you have produced dogs like these beauties over the years Be proud June, be very, very proud of what you have done here. Loving little Fenn in the woods there, so adorable.

I'm also loving how lean you keep your dogs, you put me to shame with Zena's porkiness My breeder would agree with me here, she likes 'em lean Stunners, absolute stunners.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Helena, Do Not Feed Grains it bloats them up as they can't digest them properly, they are not equipped to process it so it causes digestive problems.
If you saw what mine put away, and Fenn is chomping away quite merrily on enormous meals, you would expect baby elephants, yes they have very solid bone, but they are just absolutely solid. Cariad and Lona are on tiny amounts now made up of veg mainly to make them think they are having a 'proper' meal, because the only way for them to go at 8 years old is outwards
Thanks for all the lovely compliments about the girlies.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 04:43 PM
My food doesn't contain any grains June, and her lunch is always salmon mousse or chicken and veg/beef and veg, so I don't know why she's so porky atm Oh yes, she gets a jumbo fish stick every day at 4 o'clock when she gets up, I wish they didn't make them so big! I might have to break these biggies in half for her. I remember our very first shepherd dog we had when I was only 10, and dad used to come home from the butchers with all the scraps and bones, and just chuck them all onto the garage floor (we had an integral garage), and I used to sit on the doorstep and watch him chomping away demolishing the lot with great relish.

A real credit to you anyway, all of your girls, especially the last two litters and gorgeous Cariad, love them all, and I still haven't seen one of these dogs in real life yet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Sorry Helena, thought you fed a complete food - Arden Grange I thought it was.
Do you make your own chicken and veg etc up or buy it in, just wondering what is in it if you don't do your own that's all.
The only way I can be sure exactly what they get is for me to make it myself, so I do.
There will be something that she is reacting to, the fish stick doesn't sound as though its going to make her porky to be honest.
Well we can always come over and demolish a van or two if needed y'know,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 05:09 PM
I do feed Arden Grange, sensitive and I did that because it said it is grainfree, but then of course, it's bluddy chicken and RICE isn't it I could go back to F4D salmon and potato I suppose, but they messed me about so much with their deliveries and this new food does suit Zena so well. In hindsight June, in hindsight, this dog would have been fed raw and should have been fed raw, but with my lifestyle it just wasn't going to happen. Now it's possible, but to tell you the truth, I am of the opinion now with her problems, that if it aint broke kind of thing, plus I know I'd mess it up with not doing it properly, I know I would do that, because I'm a bit stooopid nowadays, forgetful etc. (as you probably already know lol).

I saw somebody mention a firm on here that does a kind of ready meal, packed in daily portions, raw food, was it Harvest? I checked them out, and I was and still am, wondering whether I could take this route? If they prepare it all for me and it's just a matter of me getting in a little freezer and taking out a ready box for each meal, I'd be more than happy to change her over. Now you got me thinking again June. Is this a good company do you think?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2014, 05:15 PM
There's one that the people with Tala and Tanika use, I think its Nature's Harvest, anyway she's raving about it. Will check back on my emails to see which one it is. Natural Instinct always has good reports, the people with Jasper are using them.
It comes all ready made up for you to feed, you get your delivery, pop the boxes in the freezer and take them out as you go along. Keep tins of fish as a standby in case you forget to take it out of the freezer.
I'm pretty sure there's grains in Arden Grange y'know, plus they put preservatives and stuff in these bags, they spray the food to make it taste and smell appetising......so why do that in the first place
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Pereg is raw fed. I think we all know that by now. For her first meal she has around 40-50g raw meat or fish of some kind, bulked out with loads of lightly steamed veggie chunks and/or raw grated raw vegetables - which have various seeds added. Raw pumpkin or butternut squash if I have some in, plus raw pumpkin and raw sunflower seeds, all mixed with the raw grated veg.

And yes, grains. Well cooked [almost over-cooked] whole grains, not processed grains, but whole grains. Oats, barley [not pearl barley], buckwheat [which is a fruit not a grain], quinoa, millet, red/brown/black/wild rice - and various types of whole wheat. THIS is just an example of one of the whole grain mixes I get.

She seems to digest them well as the only things that come out of the other end with her poos are some of the raw seeds. So some dogs can cope with well cooked grains without gaining weight [as proven by Pereg losing 800g in just under three months] - but of course many other dogs cannot.

Her evening meal/s are always raw bone ones.

So I guess it is back to the old saying - no one size fits all.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >