View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Morning everyone I missed earlier, I'm now back in the land of the living after lying in so late.

Jenny, we had fireworks the lot last night, even at 4 am I could hear some very loud explosions but Dave says that's probably the coastguard, as they do those loud bangs when somebody's in trouble and there were only about 3 of them. I've had this before with Zena, so I know what it is, she's been like it the past couple of days on and off and I was hoping it would just go away, but she was suffering in the night Amazing the difference when I gave her a bit of food though, so I know it's the acid problem again. Have a nice Sunday Jenny. The bluddy cushions didn't fit, it was totally different, so we had to lug the whole lot back up to her at 5pm last night but this time we used two cars!!! Suzie and her hubby arrived with Tilly whilst I was just finishing off and it was pouring with rain, but today they have sunshine, so let's hope they have a good time. I had a nice chat with them though, lovely peeps.

Jen, sorry to hear Pepsi is having another bout of this too. I wonder if it goes with this irritable bowel? I was Googling and this acid reflux thing can be caused by aneasthetic, when they don't have the dog lying in the right position, and not that I want to slate my previous vets (much!!!! ) but looking back, all her problems did start after her spey and remember the awful state she was handed back to me after that I gotta blame somebody Jen. I hope Pepsi is over it after her walk.

Malka, glad to hear those workmen are back, let's hope they get to your end eventually. Those tabs weren't cimetidine they were Zantac or Zitak, but one of them worked better than the other but I can't remember which one it was now.

Bev, so pleased to hear you're going out for a pub lunch, just what you need. Hope you don't shed too many tears sorting out all that stuff, but it's inevitable that you will ((((hugs))))xxx Thanks for all that fantastic advice, cos I rang the vets and she says they can't prescribe today, so I've had to make an appointment to see my vet tomorrow morning which I could well do without with the van to do as well but I'm going to get some of what you've recommended from Tesco's and keep them in her medicine cupboard for future episodes. Thanks Bev.

Hi Meg, Moyra, Eileen, Lynne and anyone else I've forgotten but lunch is beckoning, the spuds need turning now.

Enjoy your sunday everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 11:12 AM
I managed a 45mins walk in the sun .... lovely and the boys behaved themselves and didn't leave the field Not much on until I got to this course later. I always give both my dogs a small handful of kibble before they go out in the garden first thing as through trial and error I've found that is stops them wanting to eat grass.

Bev - Not a nice day for you having to sort out Lily's wardrobe, but I'm sure some of the rescue dogs will be delighted and that Lily would approve. I hope you manage to get to join your sister for a sunday roast.
Nippy - Eight for lunch .... do you ever stop cooking I grew up always having a roast on Sunday and we did when our two sons were younger. However, we don't any more as both the boys usually meet up on Sunday and have a take-away at my older son's flat . If a do a roast now it tends to be on a Sunday evening just for OH and me. I do miss it all though and if during the week I have both sons here I'll drop everything a cook them both a nice meal.
Moyra - I'm so pleased that Amber seems back to normal now and is enjoying her food again. Have a lovely day.
Meg - Enjoy your lunch
Lynne - I love your new avatar photo of Taff ... was that taken yesterday? It was ghastly here this morning but has really brightened up and we have sun although I don't kid myself that it won't rain again .... very mixed weather for the foreseeable future for here in the SE. Butternut Squash is on of my family favourites.
Malka - I'm glad you had another good night. Maybe butternut squash are different over with you 'cos here the skins are like shiny leather and so so tough. It's hard to peel them let alone eat them .... although 'hands-up' I haven't tried cooking them with skins on.
Lynn - I'm glad you had a nice saunter with Dillon.
Pat - I bet it was emotional leaving the family today (((hugs))). I'm sure Bella will cheer you up though. I hope you had a safe journey .... I say 'had' 'cos I'm sure you won't log on until you are back in Cyprus.

See you all later.

Helena - you crept in. What a shame about those cushions 'cos that would have saved you lots of dosh.
Enjoy the rest of your day. Its lovely and sunny up here now.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Jenny I was wondering that about the Butternut squash. I think they do need peeling for soup - unless you roast them first & then can scoop all the flesh out. Yes the avatar of Taff was taken yesterday?
We always used to have a roast growing up & when the girls were little but don't usually bother now either. I'm going to do some braising steak for tea with some nice gravy.
I think my thumb has stopped bleeding now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Helena - ranitidine is the generic name for both brand names Zantac and Zinetac. Cimetidine and famotidine are all in the same "family" as ranitidine and are inter-changeable.

Jenny and Lynne - when butternut squash are cooked the skin [yes, like thick shiny leather when raw!] softens. I have two ways of cooking them:

[1] - I cut them in half lengthways, remove the seeds, chunk them [a large sharp knife comes in handy!] and then steam in the microwave, or

[2] - pierce with a knife in two or three places and cook whole in the microwave until soft. Then when cooled I halve them, remove the seeds and then cut up.

The former I do when I want them for Pereg as I do not want them over-cooked because I then open freeze and pack in bags when frozen, taking out as much as I need at a time. The latter is when I want the flesh soft for either soup or to make a cold butternut squash and garlic mashed salad.

For either soup or the mashed salad [I make a similar pumpkin and garlic one] I chuck the cooked chunks, complete with skin, in the blender and pulse until I get the consistency I want. If they are cooked as in [1] until they are soft, the skin sort of peels away from the flesh, but is still soft enough to eat and adds a nice bit of texture.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Sorry Bev - I did not mean to ignore you - I have been trying to write out a diet sheet for someone on the Epi List and had to keep checking the names, brands and dosages of various supplements. Plus the prices.

I then realised I was running low on some of both her and my vitamins, so had to make a list of those and then put in an order.

To make up for unintentionally ignoring you...

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Back from lunch,was delicious
(( hugs )) to ZENA,BEV and LYNNE,hope you're all ok xx
We have rain and loads of it,pretty cold to
JENNY,enjoy your course
LYNN,
MALKA,hope you and Pereg are ok
Just need to organise Hub for heading back and then I can relax
SARA,(( hugs)) to little Mouse
Think I might just pop some thermal socks on over my tights
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Is it me or is it turning colder. I thought it was me being tired. Eileen, sounds as though you are feeling cold too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Is it me or is it turning colder. I thought it was me being tired. Eileen, sounds as though you are feeling cold too.
Freezing MOYRA few errands to run and then its jim jams for me Hope both you and Amber are keeping well Lacey is wrapped up in a cosy blanket,doubt she'll get out today unless this rain lets up,she hates it
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 02:15 PM
The heavens have opened at its bucketing down now just when I need to get the dogs out before I leave them On with a coat and out I go before going off to learn how to save-a-life

Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll try and pop in much later, if not see you all tomorrow.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes, Amber has been asking me to take her out again. Her usual time is 4pm but it is peeing down at the moment and I am not sure that it is going to ease up so I think it will be a case of getting wet and then a quick rub down with Amber's bath towel. Let's see what its like in half an hours time. I had better go and feed Steve's fish to keep them happy.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »