View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Thats real progress Gnasher to have him come to you to be groomed. Keep up the good work
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Inspirational. Well done. You must have spent hundreds of hours working with Ben and it has paid off. It goes to show that that there is no quick fix but patience and perseverance when it comes to dogs.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Wow that sounds so good, do you do people too?

Yup! If they're male, around 6', smooth of chest and back with the body of a Greek God!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yup! If they're male, around 6', smooth of chest and back with the body of a Greek God!!

I'd like to see those pics!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Megsy View Post
Inspirational. Well done. You must have spent hundreds of hours working with Ben and it has paid off. It goes to show that that there is no quick fix but patience and perseverance when it comes to dogs.
I have! But it has paid off, because now I can tell from his eyes, his mouth and the position of his head whether or not he's getting pissed! If he is, then I stop for a moment, stroke and soothe him and carry on. If he squeaks or grumbles, I'll say "Be nice!" and carry on. Usually this calms him, but it is at this stage that he can lunge - not to bit, only to scare, but I won't have it. I will then wag my finger or the comb in his face and tell him No! More soothings, and I then return to doing what I was doing, but being as gentle as I possibly can. He is never allowed to "win". This is what has happened in the past, and being a smart cookie, he thinks aha, they are scared of me, I can do what I want. Not good with a dog who weighs in at 45 kilos and who is aggressive with large male dogs! By knowing that we are boss, that we are not scared of him, he is becoming less aggressive with large male dogs - we will never trust him, but we are making a start.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post

I'd like to see those pics!!
mmm - me too!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3