View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Lynn - all those things are do-able even if finances mean doing bit by bit, but they are do-able. And there are not that many, are there.

So you just have to decide whether do-able and mortgage-free and a rather nice house and garden are worth you putting in an offer.

I think I know what I would do but then I am not you, am I, but whatever you decide I will be with you all the way! xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
he'd just rung him back to say my new boiler was all installed, up and running and was fab!!! Phew!!!
'morning Helena, I haven't read everything but I did see that story of the exploding boiler and that scared me I mean that could have been nasty, and are you insured for the inevitable litigation if someone had been hurt. You know how people look around for someone to blame regardless of circumstances.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Its really getting me down now.
Hi Lynn, yes I know what you mean, my 'Rightmove' favorites list is now up to 89 and I haven't even viewed one yet Still, keep your chin up, one things for sure, there's plenty of choice out there so don't get disheartened.

To everyone above I wish you well and may you have a peaceful and pleasant weekend. If that means a bit of rain then I expect you'll welcome it, never thought I would be saying that about the English weather but it's true. We're in for a very hot day today and then the rain is expected on Monday probably with some big thunder storms as well.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Lynn - That house is fantastic and low maintenance to look after - no painting the outside etc etc. Wonderful big garden and yes a good idea to put taller security gates to replace those low wrought iron ones. Also you were prepared to move to a 2 bedroom and this is a 3 bedroom home. I've just a look on the 'street view' link and its is wonderful and rural. All the houses near by are well cared for and what fantastic views over open land .......... its is a real gem You'll meet people so quickly with walking Dillon and your are still young for goodness sake. I think it looks great and I can't believe just how much house and land you get for the money up there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Hello Harvey its a nightmare isn't it maybe too much choice.

We are sitting here doing our changing things around in the living room in particular it needs rejigging that's for sure and lovely french doors onto the front garden fenced off securely for his royal highness to come and go safely out there as well as the back garden. It has to be the right price of course so we are doing a second viewing on Tuesday after viewing two others before. If the other two do not match this we will be I think making an offer.
Gorden asked today when he rang what the interest was like. The agent yesterday was pushing it saying they had lots of interest and viewings it would go quick. He was I think trying to get us to make an offer on the spot.
Anyway Gorden asked and the office wallah said they have had a few second viewings no offers.

I couldn't resist at one point saying make an offer you have sold it to yourself.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Lynn, that is a very attractive house, I like it very much and with vacant possession too it has a lot of pluses going for it. As you say if there is nothing better on Tuesday it is worth putting an offer on. You seem to have already though out what work you would like to do to it. So go for it without any hesitation or doubts. Good Luck, God bless.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi peeps
Just a quick hi and catch you later, going to visit MIL in the hospital, blood pressure has rocketed!! Have a great day all,look forward to a novel when I get back
Oh LYNN...fab house!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Morning Eileen hope MIL is ok.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Lynn - two more thoughts of possible future additions, and if they are possible then I would reckon you should put in an offer.

The thoughts are this - assuming that once you move you will, hopefully, never have to move again, and thinking of your future in that house, is there the possibility of putting in a downstairs loo anywhere? The second one, and long may it be before you ever need it, if ever, is the staircase suitable for a stair lift?

I know that both you and Gorden are young [everyone is young compared to me!] but I am trying to put myself in your position so these thoughts keep popping up.

[Please do not shoot me...]
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Lynn that is house is fab, in fact I might say the best of all that you have shown us.
Very smart with a great garden

Well we are having a few showers now, nothing major but great big drops.
It is our town carnival and fete in the local park today so it will be a shame if that is spoiled. Elisha was going to take Kyla to the baby show.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Eileen hope your mil is OK and the blood pressure goes down and panic over, for today anyway.
Took Mabs and Keshi into the woods today because the sun is quite hot, sooooo they found a banking down to the river and off the went without a thought for me high above them, I've cropped this a bit because they are mere dots in the distance on the original

They were having the time of their lives, lost sight of them for a bit and when I saw them again Keshi was lay down in the water (I could just make her out in the shadows) and Mabs was splashing around quite happily, I stepped behind some bushes and whistled them and they came back, but panic stations because they couldn't see me and of course they set off in completely the wrong direction looking for me, bless. Whistled again and they turned round and came running to me very relieved I hadn't run away from them
Here are the piccies of the horses I took on the river the other day, had to go into my phone to find them because for some reason it wouldn't download. Again piccies are cropped because they are dots in the distance, but you can see what I mean by them being able to walk along the river to wherever they want, it is quite low today as well for some reason I can't fathom, I thought the EA had blocked it off or something, but can't see why, but half the river has disappeared virtually overnight Ah well, we've got rain forecast so that will be er... interesting

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »