View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I do not have a bath therefore it cannot be me.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:44 AM
My bearded dragons enjoy a bath...although they do poo in it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes for Lily.

I havn't taken her to the vets as realised it is tummy ache and excess acid again causing this. She gets it from time to time and feels really sick with it and tries to eat grass constantly, but that makes the gulping and problem worse as the grass irritates her stomach causing more acid so i don't allow her to eat it.
She has had all her antacids and so far 2 very small meals of chicken and rice and a Tramadol for the pain also some pro kolin..
There is no more the vet can do for her but give her a serenia (anti sickness) jab to settle her stomach but she reacts violently to them and last time she had one she had a mini stroke, so they don't like to give them to her now.

She is very clingy and wants me to sit with her and stroke her constantly as she gets scared when her throat goes into spasm like it does (its not reverse sneezing).

H stroking her throat makes it worse as her throat goes dead rigid and her adams apple shoots up and down in spasm, her nose starts dripping water and she gasps for breath.

She is a bit calmer now although still far from right. If she gets any worse i will obviously take her to the vets but past experience has told me 2-3 days on the meds and chicken and rice will calm it all down and she will start to improve.

Rather scary and not very nice to watch though.

Thanks again everyone I will keep you updated.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:57 AM
LORE, you should take a vid of them in the bath, give us a look,minus poo of course. Do you keep them outside during the day?I came across a rabbit hutch in the recycling centre, took it home, painted it and fixed it up, Izzie is outside in it all day long and nothing can get at her!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Well! Only me What started out to be a 10 min shopping trip to get some mince for Zena and bank some cheques turned into a complete nightmare this morning

I was driving up the road and the dash showed the car up all orange with a little red light on the nearside rear, looked like a headlight, so I assumed a bulb had gone. Then the car started getting a bit shaky, the passenger headrest was getting all trembly and the back was noisy. I pulled over and rang Dave. I got out the car and checked the back wheel and said it did look a bit dumpy, but with these low profile tyres, there's not really much rubber to look at is there. He told me not to go to Sainsbury's but to go to the nearest garage opposite the park, which I did. By the time I got there, yep, that tyre was so flat, the car was shaking like mad, and it was almost off its rim.

I did the poor, stranded old woman bit in the office, and they did no more than to get it in immediately, put my get me home wheel on it, keeping my wheel in there ready to fit a new tyre to it when it arrives tomorrow. Off I went sorted.....or so I thought.

Got to Sainsburys and decided to let the guys give it a clean inside and out and they said they wanted 3/4 of an hour to do that, but I had plenty of time.....or so I thought!

Half way round Mr S, get a call on the mobile, it was the people up at van 2! That bluddy pilot light which my plumber couldn't fathom out over the past 3 weeks was giving them a worse problem now. Oh yeah, like what? Well, she turned the kitchen tap on this morning, heard an almighty *bang* and the bluddy door flew off in the hallway which houses the boiler WTF??!! I madly try to get hold of my plumber, nuffink, phone off, can't leave a message. Rushed through the checkout with what I had, the guys were half way through, and I tried to explain I just had to go, to get up to the park and get their plumber on the case for my poor guests. They weren't happy, thought I was a mad woman lol! Off I went, then decided, hang on a minute, I've got the week-end meat here and the ice cream for afters, so I rang the park and asked them to get their gas man there like NOW cos it was an emergency. Drove home like a loonie pulling in to answer calls from park office and my guests, came up my road and a blooming great big lorry was blocking it to deliver a portocabin to a building site Turned around and went on a long detour

Got home, postman was here, and yet Zena was..........ON THE BALCONY Jeesus Christ, I had left the big front patio doors open onto the terrace!!!! Thankfully, because of the big metal gates in the archway porch thingie, she couldn't get out, but if somebody had slid that latch she could have got out, or eaten them or worse!!!

Frantically rushed indoors, glad to see that Zena was ok and quite liked the idea of having a bit of fresh air when I went out, and rang the office number. She went ballistic and said she would get hold of him to get there immediately. Rang my guests, she handed me over to the park plumbers, BUT, these are the guys who I dished the dirt on to the park manager when they serviced my other boiler 2 years ago and yet this new plumber came in a week later cos of problems I was having and immediately condemned it SO, I wrote an e-mail to them and the park manager telling them what I thought about their workmanship Not a good idea really when they commodere the park for gas fitting, and I should have known, it might come back to bite me on the a*s which it has. He said to me "oh, Mrs. D, you and me have some history don't we" Err,yes So he did no more than tell me to get my own plumber up there to fix it. I told him he couldn't possibly leave my boiler in a dangerous position, but he said he hadn't, there's nothing wrong with it, cos he's checked everything out, but will now leave it for my own experienced, more capable plumber of coming up to deal with it Awwww gaaaaawd

Finally, my plumber rang me. We have decided to change this blooming boiler cos he says things are getting serious now and I tend to agree when it blows a cupboard door open lol! He's ordered it and he's fixing it tomorrow when my guests have left, cos thankfully, they were Monday to Friday guests, so the new people arriving Saturday will have a nice, new boiler without any problems.......or will they

Jeesus Christ, WHY is it always me and WHY is everything chucked at me at once! I need something to eat now and a very long lie down afterward don't you think?!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 12:21 PM
HELENA,think its best to have a wee lie down, I'll make a phone call, expect the men in white coats shortly....everything it's going to be o.k, given the right medication you'll be back to your old self in no time!! Hectic or what??makes my life seem seriously laid back
BEV,hope she's ok xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Afternoon

Lynn - Same here and same time with the rain and the left out washing! I had to go down and bring in my walking boots, which were outside. I think we've got too used to the lack of rain so don't expect it any more.

I hope you are all having a good day.
x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Blimey Helena, what a day!

I haven't thought about keeping them outside, big cold up here for them though I'd have thought.

The rain has started here, was planning Dingwall to go shopping but I don't think I'll bother now. I think I'll just go to Morrison's up the street.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Afternoon all,

The dogs are walked and lying on the cold tiles in the kitchen as it is very muggy here still. I drove over to a village about 5 miles away to buy some flowers as a gift for a friend and passed a brilliant clothes shop I had forgotten all about. I went mad and bought a linen sundress and three lovely linen floaty/layered type tops .... very very happy as I hate clothes shopping but decided I had to get them as I liked them

Malka - I hope the noise isn't too disruptive although I fear it probably is .... hopefully your drop kerb is imminent
Moyra - I think after all the rain last night it has just made the air so humid Roll on cooler weather.
Nippy - I trust Pepsi is using her leg OK now and your physio session has helped you.
Lore - What a huge relief it will be if the neighbours really are moving out .... I just hope to goodness your new ones are better. Would love to see some more photos of your comical dragons.
Girliebiker - OMG your OH's lorry wedged like that ... he won't be happy mind you nor will anyone else who is denied access Delighted your two pudy cats are doing well even though Summer has removed her stitches and hopefully saved a trip the the vet.
Taffsmum -Congratulations to your daughter getting her new job and promotion
Afternoon Harvey
Bev - Poor Lily but hopefully all the meds you've given her will settle her now. One of mine gets a really acidic tummy and I have to feed him 3-4 times a day.
Helena - OMG what a morning you've had .... only you Helena I had to smile though at the realisation that the site plumbers wouldn't help Just unlucky with that tyre but low profile ones are a pain in the neck. Both my sons have them on their cars but even worse is that they are 'run-flats' which means when they have to be replaced they are horrendously expensive. . Hopefully you'll have a restful afternoon. (((hugs)))

UPS have just beeped their horn at the bottom of our driveway so I shouted down to them that I'd open the gate if the package is heavy. He called back that it is but he'd bring it up on a trolley He stopped by the steps up to our front door just as it started to shower and said he couldn't take it any further. (health and safety). I bent down and package didn't seem too bad so I picked it up but half way up the steps I decided it was bluddy heavy and that I'd have to put it down ... I did and its now balanced in the middle of the steps where it will have to stay until OH gets back around 3.30 I can only assume its a bit of blooming engine
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Oooohhmmmmm, oooohhhhmmmmm, ooooohhhhmmmmm out of headless chicken mode now that I've had some fuel, but then I'm sat here thinking there must be something I should be doing here with all that's gone on this morning Nope! Just calm down then

Eileen, after your recommendation of those prayers to St Anthony yesterday, can you point me in the direction of any other saints that might come to my assistance, for future use I mean, cos there's bound to be another day like today coming up soon? I like that he is associated with St Francais, because of course, he is the guy who protects all the animals, I've always loved St Francais, but I don't need him for the moment, I need help don't I!!!!

Bev, hope Lily is ok now, and yes that's exactly what Zena does when she's aspirating, her neck goes rock solid as she's gasping for breath, but for her, it works when I firmly rub down her throat, but maybe that's also to do with the lifting of the head which I also do when she's reverse sneezing. So, so scarey isn't it Bev and in all honestly, it IS life threatening I would have thought if they can't breathe!!

Jenny, oh lordy, you and that parcel, and yep, it's bound to be some engine bits isn't it, and you're gonna get told off when o/h returns cos he'll say you shouldn't have tried to lift it all that way. Nothing you wanted that might weight that much is there???? Maybe???

I'm unplugging my phone and going off to have a bit of JK therapy now, cos it always makes me realise just how lucky I am, and will calm me right down along with a Magnum
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »