View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Where was I when I so rudely interrupted myself? Probably waiting for Nir to sort out the door of The Shack. Well - he had to cut off the backwards facing "C" shaped wotsit on the actual door wot the [upside down] "U" part of the padlock goes through wot goes through the wotsit on the frame in order for the padlock to lock.

But - he first had to somehow get the door raised enough so he could bash [very technical stuff this] the upside down "U" part of the padlock down from the wotsit on the frame so he could open it. The padlock I mean. And, of course, the door.

So now I can unlock the padlock and open the door of The Shack, and The Silver Monster is on charge. Not that I can get him out, well I can but as a matter of principal I refuse to until they repair the end of my ramp/path. Which will not happen for dunno how long yet but I can and have managed to get Xanadu across to enable me to go to the macolet. The fact that Xanadu then brings in sand and dirt and do not want to know what else on his rear wheels and my lovely new carpet is now covered with sand and dirt and do not want to know what else, is beside the point.

I also asked Nir about fitting an outside tap so I can use the large baby/child size bath that is in The Shack [found dumped somewhere amongst my travels around the Moshav] which would make a great water pool for Da Booga, and he reckons that [a] it will be easy to do and [b] will not cost much, but as it will be in full view I thought I had better wait until I see my neighbour aka my landlady to see if it is OK by her. Water is on a meter and I pay for what I use so I do no think she will argue.

Flippin' 'ot 'ere.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Good afternoon all...

I had me jumper on here yesterday cos it was dull and quite chilly...But it is warming up now. I am with TW on this sun, I love it. My dogs seem to be able to stay cool, they have that double coat too.

Not read up on whats happened over the weekend, so hope all is well with everyone.

Poor Malka, more works going on, love your descriptions..

Stay cool in there with the A/C, Helena I have heard to leave a window open, as it draws air in and pushes the warm air out, kinda thingy....

That poor dog, thank goodness it will be a lot better later today.

Hope you get the all OK by the middle of the week, Lynne I think when they offer a mortgage in principle, they wait for the valuation before making an offer. But I may be wrong.... I did see you liked the cottage, hope it all goes in your favour, are you looking at any more properties this weekend?

Happy the "boys" are back to "normal"

Mind gone blank now, sorry to who I have missed, there will be someone....

I am sitting on tenterhooks today, my kittens have gone in for their spay, I know it should all go well, but I cant help having a little worry. I am off to get a sarnie and sit and wait outside in the cloudy sun...
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2013, 11:40 AM
afternoon everyone sounds like we all have busy or relaxing days ahead of us today

I am at work until 5pm then its off to a 1-2-1 trainer with Barney at a country park. The trainer is going to work on Barneys recall, lead work and his getting over excited when hes sees people. Going to be interesting i think!! Apart from that its a quiet day in the office (literally!!) On the plus side though, its overcast here so it means it should be cool for the training tonight

Hope you all have a great day and keep cool if its warm where you are
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 11:46 AM
ELAINE (( hugs )) to you and kitties,hope it all goes well
PAMELA,busy girl, be good to hear how Barney gets on
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Afternoon all. Gorgeous day here as well now. It was a bit cloudy earlier but it's warmed up nicely now. I nipped to town earlier to take change some shoes I'd bought - they were a bit tight. When I went passed a coffee shop I saw 2 of my cousins sat there having a coffee so I went & joined them. I've not seen them since last year when I went to the funeral of one of their husbands. Blimey they can both talk though. I couldn't get a word in edgways. Just kept nodding & saying "oh dear" " yes" "no" Nice to see them though. When I of back OH's mate called with his 2 year old foster daughter. She's gorgeous. Taff enjoyed playing ball with her as well. Tom is over 70 & they are still fostering I don't know how they do it.
Hope Gorden doesn't have any problems getting back fom London Lynn
It sounds like a good offer for your van Helena decisions decisions
Hope you get sorted with your ramp today Malka
My sister & BIL are on the way down to Sussex today on a coach holiday - dont know if they will end up anywhere near you Helena
Can't remember who else is doing what
Have a good day before the thunderstorms start - forecast tomorrow here. The gardens need it anyway.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi Pamela, I hope they've got air con in your office, it makes such a difference. In fact, I bet that's the whole reason they splash out on it, otherwise all their staff would be zonked out over their desks in this heat

HI Elaine, thanks for the tip about the air con, and you could be right, cos it's so lovely and cool in this lounge where I've got the hose poking through the patio doors into the conservatory, and when I went past that just now to hang out some washing, jeesus, it was like walking past an oven in there even though the door to outside is open All that hot air has gotta be coming from somewhere hasn't it, so it must be sucking it all out of my lounge - thankyou God!

Lynne, oh that made me laugh, it reminded me of that Sybill in Faulty Towers when she was on the phone with her "oh yes/oh no/oh I know" Nice to meet up with them again then, and I'm so glad they wanted to hear all about how you've been doing for the past year, or maybe not then!!!!

I think this heat is affecting my heart now, I've gone all slooooooow, not like me at all. Might have to have an early nanny nap, and I've just put fresh, clean sheets on the beds

Hmph..........too darn hot
Meg
Supervisor

22-07-2013, 12:41 PM
A belated good morning fellow members I have been rushing to get some jobs done before it gets too hot on what promises to be the hottest day of the year so far.

Got off to a bad start, I went out at 6am to make sure the cats hadn't been at my bin bag before it was collected only to find 4 magpies demolishing my bag and spreading the content everywhere I will have to put a dust sheet over it in future.

Then Chloe unable to find any fox poo to roll in settled for runny green sheep poo instead so she had to be bathed.

Enjoy what is left of your day everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

22-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Ahhhh Ella.....legend
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Had a nice walk with Mabs and Keshi up on the tow path, got to the end where the lock used to be and a couple were walking up, called girls back to me and they came and picked up Mabs's line so's she wouldn't run and hide.
The woman said to me, I know it sounds daft, but I thought they were wolves, I knew they couldn't be but my stomach gave a sort of lurch, so we were laughing about that and they loved the girls and were asking all about them.
Went up in the wooded bit for a while then set off home.
Then took Cariad and Lona, obviously a tadge nervous after Saturday and kept them on short lines and sort of edged my way towards where it all happened, no one there, still kept girls on a line all the way up to the waterfall. EA not there today, but My Rock Is In Situ, and have a piccie for you, also got some nice piccies of Cariad and Lona and will put one of them up. Spent a nice hour on there with them and have just got back, handed bones out, skipped out, more citronella candles put out in lanterns to keep the flies off, moved their umbrella and made sure the water is in shade, so they are done and dusted now. Have to go off for lpg after my shower and a couple of other jobs to do as well.
Sounds like Pereg is to have her Very Own Paddling Pool which I am sure she will appreciate in the hot weather you have.
Still beautiful here, but there is a sort of haze so we haven't got total sun at all, but loving it while it lasts.

Rock In Situ

Girls

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »