View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2013, 11:45 AM
This gets more and more ridicklemouse! I have just had a visit from a senior of the senior who adda go at me in the macolet, wivva napology.

Story is that yes, they did do me a special favour back on 5 July by making some sort of ramp/pathway [after having smashed the corners off my ramp] and yes, I am right to complain about having been stuck in most of last week. Story continues that yes they know that there are quite a few [a lot] of mobility scooter users who cannot get theirs out but those people do not live alone therefore have family etc who can go to the macolet for them. Sorry about that but I cannot get either of my mobility scooters out [The Silver Monster is too wide for the end of the ramp now they have broken off the end, and Tontoo is too light to go over the stones and sand...]

The boss of the gang has checked with the Welfare Department at the Moatzar [LA] and found that I am the only person on the Moshav who lives alone and who must must must be able to get across the mess they have been making for what seems like forever.

Said I do not wanna pology, I just want not to be unable to get out again. And I do not appreciate a workman having a go at me in the macolet in front of Ayala [who was there while Avner was out] and other customers.

So they want to see how big and wide The Silver Monster is - and I cannot open The Shack to show them as the door has dropped in the heat and I cannot get the padlock to open - which means another call to Nir to please come and sort it, and more money just spewing out like an ever open tap.

Think I have just about had enough of everything now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Malka - can't you pull up the dimensions of the mobility vehicle from the tech spec on a website? They shouldn't have to see it to know how wide or big it is. The full tech spec will give dimensions, weight etc.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Pat - The Silver Monster is a bit of a hybrid having the base and power of a double seater cross-country off-road machine, with a special "Captain's chair" single seat rather than a normal single seat, so there is no way of finding his specs on a website. They are imported as regular bases [which will take a single or double seat/chair] or a wider more powerful off-road base which normally has a double seat, plus either double bench seats or a basic single seat, or the "Captain's chair" seat which I have. Most sold here are the basic ones.

Anyhow, the delumptious Doron got the importers to switch things around so I ended up with The Silver Monster, and he only did that because he knew I could control it. Actually he frequently brings new mobility scooters for me to try out and tell him what I think, and on more than a few occasions I have said that he should not sell a particular model to anyone on the Moshav because some are just not suitable.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Afternoon girls and Harvey (nice to see you back again),

My brother phoned this morning to say he'd come round for a coffee which was lovely .... such a nice chap and we always have such a laugh. He's just gone which will hopefully get him home before any Sunday traffic.

My son and I took the dogs out for nearly an hour this morning as it was lovely and cool then. Still in a real quandary as to what to do about both of them grabbing anything they can stuff in their mouths while out walking Do I put muzzles on them (which I'm not keen on) but the 'watch-it' command is starting to lose its 'strength' as I seem to be having to use it continually. I wonder if I should put them in 'head collars' but then their hair is pretty long and it will probably just push the hair into their eyes (as will a muzzle) They'll heel but I have to let them go on the grass to sniff and wee etc but that is when the lurch as things to eat.

The sun came out a few hours ago but the house has remained lovely and cool after a day and night of cooler weather which is lovely.

Helena - Maybe there were prowlers around .... it certainly went through my head and got me all on edge last night ... what a woos I am

Pat - That second photo of Bella about to enter the borstal was so sweet .... little did she know she would be staying there It does look fab though and lovely and secure. It must seem so strange being at home without her but I guess you get to have first dobs on the day bed unless of course you took that in for Bella I'm guessing your all packed now and raring to see all your family over here.

Harvey - What part of the country will you be looking to move to? Big changes ahead of you then

Malka - I hope this ramp fiasco gets sorted I can more than understand your anger of it.

Eileen - Sore head from last night What a laugh eh.

Has anyone seen June this morning - hopefully she's just busy and walking those lovely girls of hers .... unless she is as we speak laying mines to stop other people walking their dogs down by her little piece of paradise.

Think I'm going to have to have a nap as all is quiet here and I had such interrupted sleep last night. Sitting here in front of the laptop is sending me asleep and also its making my thighs red hot. See you later folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 01:58 PM
That's not good Malka speaking to you that way. I am glad someone has been round to apologise and look into the nightmare you are having to live with.
It i shot here now Helena so it would of been far to hot to of taken Dillon today.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 02:17 PM
It's lovely & cool here today Overcast with a nice breeze. Even had to put my jeans on instead of crops while we were out, first time for about a fortnight .
The traveller has returned he got home about 10 this morning having left Gloucester at 7 so they had a good run back.
Not good for you Malka with those workmen. I hope they find a way to sort you out PDQ.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Hiya, good afternoon, I am checking in. Have been lurking this morning but ended up on the phone, then took Keshi to training as it is really cool and breezy here today.
Pat it is lovely to see you back here again, was saying last night I missed you. LOL at Bella checking in at Borstal, she will have them all jumping to her every whim by now I would imagine.
Not sure whereabouts you are going to in England, we have definitely lost the sun ooop Norf, and am thinking those bladdy Safferners have been over in the night and nicked it whilst it was asleep, which is probably why all the dogs were barking.
Loads of screaming coming from outside, ran out and Lona is pinching everyone's bones and beating them up if they won't let her, so I have confiscated them and handed them back out again, and Lona is looking suitably chastened, till the next time.
Keshi been a little moo at training, play bowing and leaping about, she annoyed the dog next to her so much it had a go at her, but did that bovver Monsta Munch, not one bit, she just carried on and the bloke was giving me filthy looks and not very chatty at all, monosybillac answers etc. still, she has not had much practice recently as it has been too hot to take them on the field and like Joe (trainer) said to me, all she has done is play for 2 weeks, and with only one braincell it is hard for her to focus (in fact I think she left the one braincell at home in the water bucket to be honest).
Don't know what the answer is Jenny, how is their Leave It command, that works for mine, but obviously they find things when they are out of immediate jurisdiction and thats when the fun starts, I am sure that is what happened when everyone here was poorly that time.
Malka, what about the workmen who want to see the Silver Monster sorting the door out so's you can open it and you can show him to them. At least they appreciate you need to go out of your house, unlike the rest of them who seem to imagine that things will materialise in the kitchen when you say the required Magic Words.
Harvey will you be leaving Baruska behind if you come back here, because I know you were burying her on your place. I think you are better off staying where you are to be honest, I'm sure your money goes further than it will over here, everything is just going up in price so quickly it is hard to keep pace. I reckon I need a 50% increase in my income to get to where I was a year ago, and that isn't going to happen obviously, so just give it a lot of thought before making that massive step.
LOL Eileen, I think you need to do a Rain Dance and hope that sorts that black patch out that was once a garden. How about sowing some grass seed on top of it once it does actually rain.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 04:04 PM
JENNY G,head is fine,had such a laugh Just back from shop till u drop, bought some great bargains, kettle, toaster and new set of saucepans included Left hubby with Lace, said she lay by the front door till I got back( ah bless)
TW, NIPPY AND MOYRA,been discussing grass with great gardener brother,you're right need to keep in well watered, the black is normal, need to rake it all next week, topsoil and seed then. Thanks for advice, I can stop panicking
MALKA, my heart goes out to you
So wonderful to have Mrs Pat and Bella back,when you come back from England we'll have to have one of "our parties"
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Right. Lucky for you lot I had forgotten to replace the batteries in my camera as Oren turned up to replace the bulbs in the light in my ensuite wot he put in new and then one bulb went and then last night t'other one went...

...and Oh Oren, while you are here... [he being a qualified leccie even though he works for Bezeq, the telephone company but he is a leccie techie for them... and a friend of Nir... who is a friend of Doron... and so on and so forth - I mean where do you think I find these guys in the first place].

So, he did the few bitsa lecci work and I woz thinkin' oh boy, June would really like to take that book out of the library...

...but the batteries needed replacing in my camera!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 04:19 PM
oh Malka, and I was looking forward to a very varied library collection
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »