Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Great pics jenny
Good luck with you knee Kaz.
Well we have been asked to look out for our elderly neighbours in this heatwave. So at 9am I noticed my neighbours house was all shut up, unusual even in winter. She usually has breakfast in her conservatory but there was no sign of her.
So I rang her, after what seemed an age she answered, large as life. She couldn't sleep because of the heat so was having a lie in At least she could see the funny side of it and we had a good chuckle
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Afternoon all

Lovely pics there Jen of the swan uppering never heard of it before. What an ideallyc location those bungalows are set in aren't they right at the water's edge, but then again.....all that rain.... Glad to hear the boys are better, or are they if you're asking for that medication, good luck with them, maybe it's the heat, it doesn't help does it.

Had a fab walk down on the beach, got Zena swimming again, and we had it ALL to ourselves this morning, not a person or dog in sight from 7.30 to 9 am!! Perfick!

Went up to Van 2 to meet my guests, who are very, very happy in there. I told them not to wait in for the plumber cos he can get a key from the office, so that's sorted now.

Did a bit of shopping, but jeeesus Christ, it's even hotter than the week-end and I swear today will be the hottest day so far this year, it's quite unbearable out there in the sun but we're lovely and cool in here and Zena is still wet and has been in the pool again. I've stuffed a towel in the freezer for her lie down later, and no, she's not spoiled at all

Off for a bit of lunch and will pop back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Well done Jenny for being a good Samaritan to your neighbour even if she was fine.

Helena - No both boys aren't right but I'm just thankful that Flash is now drinking as he refused for for 36 hours and I was having to syringe water into his mouth
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Oh dear, that's not good Jenny in this weather Let's hope you get them right and soon. This happened last week too didn't it I remember you were having to syringe water into Rucksack, if only he wasn't such a bin poker hey!! Nightmare for you. Boy it's hot isn't it, hope they've got a nice cool spot to sleep away the day. I can't even play with Zena outside even though she has her pool, but I might go back down the beach around 7 o'clock tonight so that she's nice and cool for bed at 9. There I was moaning about all the mud only a short while ago

Just got a booking for that very last week to fill up before October. It was a couple of turned up at Van 1 when Dave was mowing the lawn on Saturday. I showed her round, she loved it (and that was van 1!!!) and commented on how CLEAN everything was and I gave her my number. She's just rung, has to speak to her son and daughter to double check the date in August and they'll be staying in Van 2, so if she likes Van 1, then it's undoubted that they'll be more than happy in the larger unit won't they.

Just going to have some lunch, a bit of Jeremy and then a siesta like the Spanish do cos it sure feels like Spain here today
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Afternoon everyone

Lynn - Happy birthday to Gorden for tomorrow and happy anniversary!

Malka - Great news about Pereg's results.

Jenny - Wow! What a stunning view you have! Are there any houses up for sale around there? I might turn up and squat in one.

It's horribly hot today. I am going to have to buy more sun block.

I'm still worried about Loki - he seems no better and is still walking with his head tilted and is very down in himself. I got myself in a panic about Vestibular syndrome this morning and was about to take him straight back to the vets, but I suppose I haven't really given the ear drops much time so will give it a couple of days. I believe ear infections can cause it so perhaps this is what has happened.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Bev - it must be horrible knowing that your retirement age has been extended again. I think it is most unfair to expect people to carry on working until they literally drop.

Mini
- I hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

Kazz - Bella really seems to have settled in well and I am glad she enjoyed her swim in the brook. Good luck for the knee pre-op.

Lynn - was that the house with the unmentionable bathtub? I sorta lost track of which house was which!

jenny.g - I hope you get the Antepsin, and fingers crossed that Flash starts eating now he is drinking again.

I loved the photos of the Swan Uppers and would love to have a view like you have. Not too keen on neighbours having parties though! One of the big advantages of living where I do is the almost absolute silence in the evenings.

Jenny - well done for being a good neighbour, albeit disturbing her in the process! Reminds me of when I first moved into this bungalow and my then landlord [my neighbour's late father] used to telephone me if he did not see the trissim on the side of my bedroom [which faces their bungalow] open by a certain time.

- Not sure who I have missed, mea culpa - but hope it was all good.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Afternoon all...

So sorry not really read up on everything from weekend, but did manage to catch up on the househunting. Lynn if you want the number of a good all rounder handyman/builder, I can recommend one who wont rip you off, if it's a house in my area. Can come over and give you a hand too, if you need it, I am in Moulton Chapel.

Sorry to see some dogs and humans not feeling too well, I was even upchucking yesterday morning but feeling better today.

I think this weather is here to stay for a bit, so take care. I'm not doing much today, the dogs have shade, so do the cats in their new DesRes...so off for a shower, shave me legs and find a book.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Jenny G,only have a skip for two days,besides weather isn't so hot are today.Really pleased so far,the shed is immaculate Bit strange going through Christmas decorations in the sunshine Am on a mission!! Lovely pics btw.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Linda - you posted as I was typing - sorry to hear that Loki is still giving you worries - if it is not one thing with these dogs it is something else. If an ear infection gives a dog the pain that one can cause me, I am sure he would be feeling very down and sorry for himself.

(((hugs))) for both of you. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Try not to worry too much Linda, I remember old Georgie always walked with his head tilted on one side when he got ear infections (he was always getting them), and I used to keep his drops in the fridge so they were nice and cold to take away the inflammation, but perhaps you're doing that anyway cos I think it says so on the bottle. Hope that's all it is with him anyway.

The plasterers turned up (they are supposed to be here next Saturday!!!) so they woke me up I told them this is Spain and we have a siesta here, but they were adamant they were going to make a start on bashing out that brickwork above the garage under the terrace and get it rendered by tomorrow night. Boy it's hot out the front there, they must be mad, but they said they love it I gave them each an ice cold coke in a glass with lots of ice, so maybe that will reflect on the price when it comes to it!!!

No nanny nap then, but I've sorted out that last booking, done some paperwork and now I'm going to fill Zena's pool and go and play with her in the shady bit in the garden.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »