Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Morning Everybody

Having a fab week-end, and Dave is on his lappy so got a chance to quickly post on here to see what you're all up to. I see all you mums and grandmums will be busy doing the Father's Day celebrations, so enjoy yourselves today. Sorry to hear about poor Pepsi overnight Jen but I hope she hasn't swallowed any nasty rubber.

Hi Jenny, I've just put some new pics up of van 2 frontage on the website, and now that all the trees are out I thought I'd take some more of the park as well and the garden at Van 1 which is splendid atm!

Yesterday afternoon, we had the vulcan bomber in Hastings down on the beach, so we set off up on the clifftops, cos of course, he can't turn round on a sixepence can he so he came all the way over to us up on the top to turn and climb and dive! FANTASTIC, and the noise was to die for. Zena came too and she was only interested in her ball of course, but she got to meet lots of doglets cos the whole world was up there.

No nanny nap Friday OR Saturday for me, but today I will sneak one in.

I will put up some pics of the Vulcan later or tomorrow and the new van garden. The guy has returned but he's thinking he'll move out tomorrow, which just gives me the 4 days to get it all ready for my very first real guests next week-end, and then it's full right the way through, so having 2 change overs every Saturday could be ahem...interesting!!! Think of the muuuuuuunie though!!! That'll keep me going I'm sure. Talking of which, I will need to get to Dunelms when he's out of there, just to make sure I have enough stuff for the change overs which I'm sure I won't.

Jackie, so sorry to have read about Millie, you'll be in the same boat as us now, no more holidays, Zena would pine away for us too. Very strange though how Millie has only just started this, but good luck with her, I'm sure she's a lot happier now that everything has returned to normal at yours.

Off to check on the roast pork and enjoy your day everyone

Here's the 2nd van drive and garden which we've been very busy on

The garden at van 1 is looking lovely now too with all the trees out at the front:

and here's the vulcan bomber, awesome, and it came so close climbing over the clifftops I had to lay down on the ground lol!

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Bev So sorry you are down today, do hope you pick up later. You have so much on your plate.

Moet I hope that rain doesn't come this way as I have two lots of sheets out on the line and another load of washing in the machine.

Lyn That was a bit scarey about that staff at first until you saw how he was damaging his mouth. Trouble is some like their staffies to harden up their mouths like that. I hope he is not allowing it for the wrong reasons.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Afternoon all,

I am glad to see you back Malka, I hope you feel better.

I only woke half an hour ago. Got loads to do too. Kitchen to clean, Dougal to walk, studying to do, ironing to get done. I don't know that I will get all of it done though. Can but try.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning all,
I'm late on as lots of problems here making me very down so I am not good company right now.
Hope you all ok. Take care.
Bev I am sorry and I hope whatever your problems are can sort themselves out - we all worry when one of us if feeling low ((((hugs)))).

Lynn - Your walk with Dillon sounded lovely and it's always nice bumping in to old friends, whether it be dogs or their owners. However, that Staffie running backwards and forwards with blood on its mouth was enough to unnerve anyone, whatever the breed.

Helena - Those photos are lovely of the gardens - what a transformation of the new van's garden It looks like al the hard work you and Dave have put in has paid off. That Vulcan Bomber is amazing and I know just how loud they are having seen one at Wings & Wheels at Dunsfold. Enjoy your roast meal and make sure you grab a nap later .... you must need it after all the hard work.

Lore - What happened to Sunday being a 'day-of-rest' ....... I hope you get all of it done and enjoy your walk with Dougal.

Dogs walked, washing done and now off into the garden to start clearing the weeds that are coming up between the brick-on-edge. Quite bright outside but we keep getting the odd spot of rain

See you all later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Helena

Brian is ever so jealous of you. He loves the Vulcan, we have a wee sketch of it on our wall.

I've been up the street to get some bits and pieces. Watched my neighbours have a screaming match and physically attack each other! Entertainment for a Sunday morning over, I'm making rolls for the boys, since I'm trying to lose weight I'm having Philadelphia on a crusty roll, a yogurt and mixed fruit....would far rather a bacon and blackpudding roll...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Oooh! Lore's reminded me I bought a crusty plait of bread yesterday. Hope it isn't rock hard by now. Quick run under the tap and few seconds in micro usually does the trick but not until I am ready to scoff it.

How to get Bella off the daybed -
I simply have to get all my stuff ready to lie in the sun - Kindle, canned coffee, water, sunhat, specs, ciggies. She immediately leaves the daybed and plonks herself down right in the middle of my head cushion. Duh! And I'm so stupid (and so happy when she does deign to join me) I won't move her so ended up sitting upright on the foot end bending over with my Kindle on my knees to read! I've got up to come in and cool off and she is back on her daybed!

Might take her out soon so I don't have to rush about if and when the neighbour calls for the swimming session. It's nice and breezy out there right now.

**she just rang me - it's on for 5.30 so I will hang on for half an hour before prising her off the daybed. Will be slightly cooler by then.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Toady was a washout, then the wind started to rise so I packed up and came home. Soaked to the skin and bitterly cold so am tucked up abed with 2 hot water bottles. It would have been such a good market too.. they had bouncy castles etc but no one was coming out in such weather. Sold one hat and two lupin plants ( yes I sell plants and cut flowers when I have them

So disappointing. About to put my sandwiches in the freezer for Tuesday...

See next mail for other stuff...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Well ended up with a black pudding roll cause Iain didn't like black pudding.

I'm going to have my coffee then hoover, perhaps sit outside and study for an hour. I think I shall plug in my mp3 player so I don't have to listen to next door incessantly complain about the one on the other side after this mornings shennanigans.

This afternoon will be walking Dougal somewhere.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Tang; thank you re the couple who just gave up here. Happens so often and for the same reason. I have become vey self sufficient and can and do detach from the village but I lived ten years before here on a small island and it was very good training

A lot of ex -pats group together.. the only way to survive if you need company!

The trouble! Well, I have never in my long life been able to walk past on the other side when someone is in difficulties; people have done that to me often and still do. So I tend to involve ..

This time, a good man being in effect bullied by a neighbour over a right of way; a common thing here where folk will come to blows over a small bit of land.
The good man is barely literate and that was being fully taken advantage of by lawyers. So I help him with letters and go to court with him then find him a good lawyer... bad bully of course takes umbrage at this and starts on me, threats etc,,,he has buddies and drinking pals in the village so a few weeks ago one of these tried to evict me from the market.. I did my homework and found he could not do that so went back and his pal started with verbal abuse and threw his gardening tools ( leader of a local employment work experience scheme) within an inch of me,, me aged 70 and clearly disabled, parks hi large van in front of me blocking me in and also endangering traffic and pedestrians. The language was... interesting! I learned then that he has a history of violence and bullying.

So I took legal advice, wrote to his employer, a large govt agency and involved the Gardaí at top local level. very effective and no more hassle but my being quiet re it all means that gossip is evil and amazing and various folk have taken sides.

Have let the man off with a warning and made it clear that NO MORE will be tolerated.

Bullies can only win if no one stands up to them. Hate doing so but in some cases you have to to survive '
NB this big bully ill treats his sheep and I have twice reported him to the Dept of Ag already

no one here has any idea what I go though over it all and that is how I intent it to stay

my new name is Trouble it seems .. and the organiser of todays craft fair has not spoken to me for weeks... Her little fair looked very twee and I am too rough and ready to fit! I am a street trader and love it!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Toady was a washout, then the wind started to rise so I packed up and came home. Soaked to the skin and bitterly cold so am tucked up abed with 2 hot water bottles. It would have been such a good market too.. they had bouncy castles etc but no one was coming out in such weather. Sold one hat and two lupin plants ( yes I sell plants and cut flowers when I have them

So disappointing. About to put my sandwiches in the freezer for Tuesday...

See next mail for other stuff...
Oh what a shame. But I think you did marvellously well to sell as much as you did in those conditions and having to pack up early. I love lupins and never see them here - my old tortoise used to love them too - she'd pull them down and then munch her way along them.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »