Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Ooooooh I like Malka.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow Malka I do like that carpet it is really lovely.

Kazz I am so sorry and just want you to know you are in my thoughts.

Jenny enjoy your walk with the greyhounds

Lynn you been sending them dodgy emails to people again

Off to feed Lily then put my feet up for a little while before I head off to work again Just hoping Charly gets on alright at A&E, don't think I can relax fully till i hear later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Afternoon Bev. You won't relax till you know the have sorted something.

I've been found out.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Just popped back in to say I love your carpet Malka what lovely colours. Glad you got it laid ok. Moyra
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Afternoon all

Lynn, I'm going to have to check out those potato grow bags then for future crops, and thanks Jen, I'll also check out a local store who advertises bags of spuds outside his shop.

Jenny, hope you enjoyed your walk with your friend, and that the painters managed to sort out your little error with the watering can yesterday on their nice new paintwork.

Malka I love that rug of yours there.

Kazz, so sorry to hear dear Sal lost her fight.xxx

Elaine, nice to see you popping in, and you don't need permission to come back either lol! This is a free for all thread, we even get newbies in here sometimes, which is nice, gives everyone a chance to get to know them all.

June, hope you sort that tv out and remember I had this trouble the other night with my Sky not giving me ITV, but they said it was ITV's fault and they were working hard on it and I had it back later that night. Good luck, cos of Corrie, you can't miss that. Enjoy your walk with the girlies.

TM, be careful lying upside down there, rather you than me with my neck problems Glad you're enjoying your holiday so far and seems like your o/h is too which is always good.

Now I'm lost, can't remember anymore, sorry!

Been to Asda, and their spring cabbages today were fab, so I bought 5 of them. I love the sweetheart cabbages when they're all soft and bright green leaves, not those hard beggers that Sainsbury's stock most of the time.

Taken Zena out on a 2nd walk in the woods and met a neighbour from over the road who has 2 pointers, and she seems very friendly. They call her "Jordan" cos she always has some toy boy or other in tow lol! Nice girl, we chatted and she said she didn't realise I had a dog, so I said she must have heard her in her guard dog mode, but she said she could only hear hers.

Had lunch, now I've got a couple of phone calls to make and then off to watch Jeremy and a nap. Today is the day I will definitely get that pressure washer out again, I keep putting it off cos I don't want to get all wet and manky after my nap, but today I will.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ooooooh I like Malka.
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Wow Malka I do like that carpet it is really lovely...[snip]....
So do I! It only a fraction too big for just being plonked down and not needing to be put under anything, and that will easily be sorted. I am actually pleased it is bigger as it now covers all the badly stained stone floor tiles whereas previous carpets always left edges of them showing.

It needs to "relax and settle" first though from where it was folded before anything is lifted for the slight excess to go under.

The design is lovely, typical oriental style but not too heavy "in your face", and the colours are every shade of brown from pale cream to dark chocolate, the edging being just a fraction darker chocolate than my couch - not sure if the colours on the photos are totally accurate but are as near as my camera will take. Apart from the edging and a couple of other narrow edges to the central and outer patterns the other colours are mostly slightly but very mutedly mottled in sort of waves and not actually solid so hopefully it will hide a multitude of sins.

It fits in with everything and I am so used to it [and happy about it] already that it seems to have been designed especially for here. Considering I had just said to the guy that I wanted "brown", knowing that it would be patterned and roughly in what sort of style, he could not have come up with a better one for me, and it was worth every farthing of the ~£85 it cost.

And I did not even see it until it arrived - he got it out of the van and partly unfolded it and I could instantly see that it was as near perfect as I could have hoped for. My neighbour just brought my mail in, said oooh, nice, how much? [typical Israeli!] and was extremely impressed. No, it did not fall off the back of a lorry - I think that these guys buy factory seconds and add very little for a profit, although "seconds" might mean one of the colours not being 100% [same with the towels and bedding etc the "blanket men" lug around selling] but the quality is 100%.

Da Booger likes it too!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Afternoon ladies and any gents who may he lurking, but of course very welcome,

Malka - That carpet is terrific and goes beautifully with your new settee .... what a stroke of luck Also it's great and very dog friendly colours
LS - You've got a 'mouse-in-the-house' ...... maybe it was Loki's friend as he must have been able to smell it surely.
Helena - A second dog walk already ... you're doing really well and it's only 1.30!! Enjoy the rest of your day The painter bless him noticed it and I said 'I have no idea what that is' ... he looked up at the hanging basket and at me at which point I burst out laughing ... I'm hopeless He has sanded the bubbles and marks and touched it up ... the railing that is ... although he is very cute
June - I hope you manage to sort the TV out.
Taffsmum -Enjoy your holiday and "if you can kiss the blarney stone, the gift of eloquence will be conferred upon you" Enjoy your day and the stunning scenery.
Lynn - I've used the tomato grow bags but not the potato ones - if they are anything like the tomato ones you'll have some fab potatoes before long. The trick is remembering to water them and not to let them dry out .... which I'm not very good at
Moyra - I guess for your bad back and knees you need to find a happy medium of enough exercise to keep those muscles working, but not too much to be in more pain. ((hugs))
Sally - You probably won't but just in case you drop in during the day today I hope any arrangements are going smoothly. Lots of ((((hugs)))) for you as losing your Father is probably just starting to sink in.
Nippy - I hope your lovely son is trying to think positively now and move on to get fit again. ((hugs)) to you too.

Hello to all the other members who have posted but I haven't commented on ..... I can't remember what else has been said

I had a lovely walk at Painshill. Quite hot so tended to stick to the wooded areas and down by the lakes. Lots of swans and their signets ... so sweet My dogs just wanted to eat all the goose and swan poo, while the greyhounds just wanted to get at the birds Walked for an hour and a half and then stopped in the shade at the cafe for drinks all round .... bliss

The decorator has now gone so I'm off to make the back garden (dog garden) safe for them and check there are no more paint spills on the grass before cutting it short. They won't be back until Monday so want to have use of the garden this weekend. OH off racing at Cadwell on Saturday but will be leaving here late morning tomorrow and back late Saturday night and then he's off for most of Sunday So I plan to get all my 'chores' done this afternoon so I can enjoy the next two days

See you all later.

p.s. I've found some random letters at the bottom of this post which I have deleted so if any of the messages don't make sense there was an .... e, r, th and a b?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Got back from Keshi and Mabs going training and then taking Cariad and Lona onto the river, put a backpack on Cariad again for the squeaky toys and we had a lovely time, it is very very hot so have come home now, sorted binbags out for tomorrow and I think a nice cool shower is in order now, and maybe even a nanny nap, you never know.
Lurve the carpet Malka
Helena I remember Home Bargains doing those veg/potato bags, don't know if they've still got them though. I was thinking about it, but never got round to it, all the slugs and snails I had knocking about put me off. I never did my nematodes last year because all it did was rain, so seem to have got treble the amount of slugs/snails appearing. Now I have my little friends back on patrol I may go for the veggie bags even if it is only carrots and parsnips because I buy them for the girlies veg.
I haven't got Sky or anything, only freeview, and can't work out why the upstairs telly works with my indoor aerial but the downstairs one has downed tools where ITV is concerned despite now being back onto the main aerial
Off for my shower I think
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Top of the morning to you. I'm turning all Irish.:grin:
Looks like another lovely day here today. Just finished another lovely breakfast. Been awake since before 6 though. Didn't sleep well last night & woke up with cramp at 5-30.
Glad Dillon let you have a better night Lynn.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Sally. At least he's at peace now which is what you all wanted.
I'm going to kiss the Blarney Stone this morning (you might not be able to shut me up later ) & then we're going into Cork as we have a free day today. We spent the night in a pub round the corner last night. Only called in for an hour but ended up staying till chucking out time. There was Irish music & dancing on so a brilliant atmosphere. OH on the Guiness. - he's not been able to drink for over a year due to medication but he chanced it last night. I only stuck to coke though. We were talking to a couple over from Florida at breakfast this morning - they find the driving difficult over here, narrow roads & being on the wrong side of the road
Have an enjoyable day everyone till I catch you later.
Funny; Never heard that said in real life in all my years here....Her the usual greeting is HOWAYE.. and you never know if you are meant to reply with a full bulletin of health etc.

Chuckles re the driving; the Ring of Kerry is a real challenge especially from Killarney to Moll's Gap in the afternoon when all the tour buses are coming in the opposite direction. That road is too narrow for vehicles to pass.. my road home from Killarney. So the buses operate a one way system, always anti - clockwise.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Top of the morning to you. I'm turning all Irish.
Looks like another lovely day here today. Just finished another lovely breakfast. Been awake since before 6 though. Didn't sleep well last night & woke up with cramp at 5-30.
Glad Dillon let you have a better night Lynn.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Sally. At least he's at peace now which is what you all wanted.
I'm going to kiss the Blarney Stone this morning (you might not be able to shut me up later ) & then we're going into Cork as we have a free day today. We spent the night in a pub round the corner last night. Only called in for an hour but ended up staying till chucking out time. There was Irish music & dancing on so a brilliant atmosphere. OH on the Guiness. - he's not been able to drink for over a year due to medication but he chanced it last night. I only stuck to coke though. We were talking to a couple over from Florida at breakfast this morning - they find the driving difficult over here, narrow roads & being on the wrong side of the road
Have an enjoyable day everyone till I catch you later.
You sound as if you are kicking back and having a blast! I am so happy for you!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »