View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Well I got the cows hooves and they absolutely love them. I have been stuffing them with cheese or other treats occasionally too. One big downside is that it seems to give them both terrible wind! I'm typing this in a fugg!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I either buy Holly treats from pet shops or from Zoo plus. The only bones she likes and keeps on liking are the filled bones, but only the fresh breath ones. Oh and raw bones of course.

Holly has no interest in her stag bar at all. My sisters puppy like to chew on it quite a bit. Holly has had on interest in the kong I brought her either!. She also hates rawhide. Fussy dog!.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
I either buy Holly treats from pet shops or from Zoo plus. The only bones she likes and keeps on liking are the filled bones, but only the fresh breath ones. Oh and raw bones of course.

Holly has no interest in her stag bar at all. My sisters puppy like to chew on it quite a bit. Holly has had on interest in the kong I brought her either!. She also hates rawhide. Fussy dog!.
Wow she is fussy! Remus will eat almost anything but just can't do anything with a stag bar. Tonks will destroy most things, I bought her an expensive indestructible bone as a puppy and she hated it because she likes to pull bits off things she chews. I can understand it really, no point chewing in something for hours on end and getting no sense of having done something to it!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Wow she is fussy! Remus will eat almost anything but just can't do anything with a stag bar. Tonks will destroy most things, I bought her an expensive indestructible bone as a puppy and she hated it because she likes to pull bits off things she chews. I can understand it really, no point chewing in something for hours on end and getting no sense of having done something to it!
Yes no visible destruction = no satisfaction!
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Well I got the cows hooves and they absolutely love them. I have been stuffing them with cheese or other treats occasionally too. One big downside is that it seems to give them both terrible wind! I'm typing this in a fugg!
Really glad you're pleased Although mine don't seem to be cause too much wind... maybe try stuffing with a natural yoghurt?! Balance it out!!!!
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2013, 12:29 PM
BTW have been thinking about buying one of these...
http://www.sniffandwater.co.uk/shop/...y-Bones!&id=35
Not sure if they'll be a success though - i have yet to own a dog who likes Nylabones and they seem to be pretty similar...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dobionekenobi View Post
Really glad you're pleased Although mine don't seem to be cause too much wind... maybe try stuffing with a natural yoghurt?! Balance it out!!!!
Good idea. Wonder if I could freeze them or if it would make them too brittle.
BTW have been thinking about buying one of these...
http://www.sniffandwater.co.uk/shop/...y-Bones!&id=35
Not sure if they'll be a success though - i have yet to own a dog who likes Nylabones and they seem to be pretty similar...
How can they be made of plastic and edible...surely that's not great to be eating plastic?
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Good idea. Wonder if I could freeze them or if it would make them too brittle.

How can they be made of plastic and edible...surely that's not great to be eating plastic?
I've chilled mine slightly in the past which seems to be ok.

I think if you actually drill down it's not plastic - it's a form of compressed potato starch!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I've chilled mine slightly in the past which seems to be ok.

I think if you actually drill down it's not plastic - it's a form of compressed potato starch!
Tonks has been chewing one for hours tonight and I'm considering taking it off her now as the smell is starting to get me a bit. She did the same yesterday evening and I name down to two piles of cows hoof sick this morning.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2013, 07:33 AM
I only use fish4dogs treats now. after the cheapo treats gave mine the trots
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >