Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
morning all
Lynn, I can't believe these people, noseying around and not doing anything else
H glad you are normal, thats you and me then good news. Loved the sunset.
Hi Jen......not forgetting my scheeeeshter cos she's probably normaly too!!!!!

Had a lovely walk in the woods, found a different way out, and came across this magnificent, huuuuuge tree, hanging on the side of a sheer drop, how it's managed to cling on there for hundreds of years God only knows. As we stood in awe underneath, a couple of women with loads of dogs called across to us saying how beautiful it was too, and thankfully, the dogs stayed with them instead of running over to us cos there must have been a dozen of them

Came home and I'm cooking lunch and sorting out all the laundry and instead of doing nothing, Dave has decided to play with his new pressure washer and is doing the front steps. Blimey, what a difference it's making too, they're looking fab and the wall is white again instead of green from all the trees over the winter, what a fab tool that is, can't wait to get me little mitts on that next week

Hope you're all having a lovely day and that the sun is shining for you cos it sure aint shining darn sarf
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Jen......not forgetting my scheeeeshter cos she's probably normaly too!!!!!

Had a lovely walk in the woods, found a different way out, and came across this magnificent, huuuuuge tree, hanging on the side of a sheer drop, how it's managed to cling on there for hundreds of years God only knows. As we stood in awe underneath, a couple of women with loads of dogs called across to us saying how beautiful it was too, and thankfully, the dogs stayed with them instead of running over to us cos there must have been a dozen of them

Came home and I'm cooking lunch and sorting out all the laundry and instead of doing nothing, Dave has decided to play with his new pressure washer and is doing the front steps. Blimey, what a difference it's making too, they're looking fab and the wall is white again instead of green from all the trees over the winter, what a fab tool that is, can't wait to get me little mitts on that next week

Hope you're all having a lovely day and that the sun is shining for you cos it sure aint shining darn sarf
shining here! Helena do you ever get 'lost' in the woods? I used to sometimes, walking in the woods above the River Lemon in Devon and sometimes get quite panicky lol!

I've also lost my bearings on Dartmoor (which is a pretty stupid thing to do) and I even get a bit lost in the huge Aliki Park above the salt lake here - there are so many paths all leading down to the lake but all leading to different places coming out of it. Doesn't really matter coz I know where the sea is so can get home but it's finding where I've left the car that is sometimes a prob!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Morning all,

Well not sure what it's like out at the moment. I've been sleeping all morning, only just awake. Going to get up and get breakfast shortly. Back at work tomorrow, looking forward to the routine.

This afternoon the plan is to go to the movies with Davie., but have to see how it goes first. Head is sore and pretty sure Hugh is coming round later with that report cause he's trying to get my aunt to pay attention.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Afternoon

Lovely photos and Helena I am glad your blood tests were normal. You could try natural yoghurt instead of the ice-cream?

We tidied up the garden a bit yesterday and planted out my lilac tree. That was probably silly because I've seen some locally and they are huge. Our garden is probably too small for it if it grows but it was barely living in the pot. We will cut back the laurels later.

We picked up the invitations for Carys' birthday so she can write them later.

We just had a lovely walk with Loki. It was lovely and sunny for a while but it's overcast now. I hope it doesn't rain.

I hope everyone is okay today.
x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Well not sure what it's like out at the moment. I've been sleeping all morning, only just awake. Going to get up and get breakfast shortly. Back at work tomorrow, looking forward to the routine.

This afternoon the plan is to go to the movies with Davie., but have to see how it goes first. Head is sore and pretty sure Hugh is coming round later with that report cause he's trying to get my aunt to pay attention.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday
Morning Lorraine hope the lie-in has done you good.
Enjoy your afternoon at the pictures.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Afternoon

Lovely photos and Helena I am glad your blood tests were normal. You could try natural yoghurt instead of the ice-cream?

We tidied up the garden a bit yesterday and planted out my lilac tree. That was probably silly because I've seen some locally and they are huge. Our garden is probably too small for it if it grows but it was barely living in the pot. We will cut back the laurels later.

We picked up the invitations for Carys' birthday so she can write them later.

We just had a lovely walk with Loki. It was lovely and sunny for a while but it's overcast now. I hope it doesn't rain.

I hope everyone is okay today.
x
Morning Linda. I think lilac tree's can take a while to grow.
Glad you had a nice walk with Loki.
How old will Carys be this year I am sure it is going to make me feel old. I remember us all waiting for her to be born.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Lynn, I feel a bit better now.

Carys is 7 this year! My goodness, time just goes so quickly. She's asked for in-line skates!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 11:35 AM
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks Lynn, I feel a bit better now.

Carys is 7 this year! My goodness, time just goes so quickly. She's asked for in-line skates!
Amazing how time flies. My poor uncle thought I was still in my thirties, he felt so shocked to discover I was older...meant he was older...poor Hugh
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Afternoon all.
It is a lovely day here - last line of washing out so fingers crossed - just off to Sainsburys after I finish this coffee.

Mom is packing ready for her holiday she goes tomorrow back next Sunday - she is really looking forward off down south but fussing over Dad.....hence the reason for her break too much fussing is what is causing her to be anxious/worried/scared.
But he has finished his set of antibiotics for a chest infection from last week. And just takes his Clopidogrel plus his inhalers for the emphysema. One of the side effects of his COPD is swollen ankles but he has water tablets that keep this is check. However Mom desperately needs the break, she now does not go out at all unless someone is with Dad in case he falls the falls are due to his age and shingles which caused los of nerves in his left lower leg.

Anyhow man coming to replace the boiler tomorrow and a man coming to fit the new gas cooker Wednesday and fit worktops and sink/Taps on Thursday. I have a chap coming to quote for a new back door being fitted this week too. So all systems go. All means I can get it done while Mom is away and I am home for Dad and workmen. In between trying to declutter the loft still.

Having roast beef today with yorkie and trimmings. Right off I go.
Just to say when I started writing this there were less replies. But I have to go out before everywhere shuts so replies later. Everyone be good.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Afternoon Kazz. I hope your mum enjoys her much needed holiday. She is bound to worry though but sounds like she needs the break.
Enjoy lunch.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »