12-05-2013, 12:41 PM
UK NHS page with info on what meds it interferes with here:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/2474.asp...categoryid=103
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Careful if you take any other regular meds with the grapefruit - you can google which meds are affected by grapefruit juice. I believe it's a no no for BP meds.
Yes mainly the statins that H doesn't want to take.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
We've just walked Loki complete with squabbling kids on scooters. Loki was being a real pain too, pulling and lurching . We're going to Church soon and then to do some shopping, then it will probably rain!
Oh dear your walk sounded very stressful. It makes you wonder why you bother going out, as its usually for their benefit Cheer up ((hugs)).

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Very, very up and down at the moment. We don't know if it is still the very low dose of anti-epileptic drug he is taking or the brain damage left by the fall (confirmed in the recent MRI scan).

We are keeping the low dosage on to see how things go, but, at the moment it's looking very much like we'll be taking him off them yet again.

Right now, he's either very high or very low and either loves me to bits or hates me with a vengeance.

He goes back to Queens in July at which point I'm hoping we can get some answers and possibly some solutions
((hugs)) to you too Chris - it must be such a strain not knowing whether Gary will be on a high or low. Hopefully if he hasn't plateaued by the time you go back for the appointment they will be able to help.

I had a lovely walk in the sun with the dogs and was out for nearly an hour and half and since then they have been in and out of the garden. I'm determined to wear some of their exuberance off before the rain comes.

My OH has text me twice from Devon to say he can only get reception if he walks to the top of the 'hill climb'. He did thank me for my help yesterday re-loading the car after the clutch went on the van ... so he is sort of forgiven for the high stress levels before he left.

That reminds me .... June - there was no indication at all that the clutch was about to go which is strange. Had there been he would have replaced it last week when he serviced it and then got it MOTd.

I've been shopping and am about to make a chilli for tonight as OH won't be back until late and its easy to heat a bowl of it up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Afternoon all we are back earlier than expected. It was very small this year compared to last year and people didn't seem so friendly or want their dogs to interact too much.
Usually its dogs sniff and owners ask who bred yours and all those sorts of things but not this year.
Dillon was very well behaved and we met Lee who owns Dillon's brother. Aiden Dillon's brother was very barky which Lee did mention he might he is at that gobby teenage stage and hormones running rife. He has just started carting him but at the moment his mind is elsewhere. Lee is having him castrated and asked if we had or were having Dillon done. Seems these two are real ladies men or just manicially hormone fuelled.
It was very windy and very cold but we did have a nice time and especially comparing Dillon and Aiden again this year.
Gorden took lots of pics.

We had to jump start the car to get there and ask someone to jump start us to get us home. Gorden is just reading up it seems a common problem with my car, battery fine everything else connected fine but they just won't start, lots of people disconnect the battery when they park it up so the battery doesn't drain for whatever reason so we will give that a try.

Had a voicemail and a missed call on the way back and mum is back in hospital. The home were cross with the hospital sending her home with oxygen. Michael popped in on his way home to Norfolk only to find the home had rung for an ambulance he is at the hospital now waiting to see a doctor for a prognosis she has fluid on her lungs they will now be keeping her in and rehydrating her.

Chris sounds like your mum had a wonderful day with the family. Sorry to hear Gary is still not so good.
Bev thinink of you, Ash and Charly tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed the dog show and happy birthday Lily.
Kazz hope you got the cabinet made.
Pat sounds like you have been very busy to help the time pass after your sister and niece leaving.
Linda sorry your walk was a pain.
Jenny sounds like your day has been very busy with all the family visiting the visitors . You will need another glass or two of red again tonight.
jenny glad you got a good nights sleep. Sounds like foxes doesn't it if something is emptying the bins as well as scrabbling under your house.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Afternoon all. Shame your day out wasn't as good as you expected Lynn. Never mind it was a change to get out for a bit. Sorry to hear your Mum is back in hospital though. If she's got fluid on the lungs I would have thought that was the best place for her.
It must be very hard dealing with Gary when he's like this Chris. Lets hoe they can sort him out soon.
Hope Charly will be ok tomorrow. Not a good time for them to be parted while Charly has her exams. Does Ash know where he is going yet?
You won't do any swapsies in Dunelms again now will you Helena.
Miserable weather here. I was just putting my coat on at 1 o clock for walkies when it started raining Oh well I thought it will only be a quick shower - it wasn't. it's still raining. I'd mopped the floors this morning & polished the suite, everywhere was looking nice & tidy - till we came home soaking wet. Taffy & I dripped all over the floor as we have to come in the front door. After I'd dried him off he ran back into the living room - shook himself & rubbed himself all over the sofa. why do I bother.
I've got a piece of pork in the oven for tea. Half price in Morrisons this week. I'm doing it slow roasted - abt 6 hours. It should be lovely.
Oh phoned earlier - the weekend was brilliant he said but his hip was V sore after all the walking he's been doing so he was sat in the car having a rest. He'd had to go to the medical centre with it & they'd given him some painkillers which had taken the edge off it. They were waiting for a big aircraft to do a fast taxi down the runway at 3-30 before they started for home so it will probably be abt 7 ish when he gets home. Freedom nearly over.
Hope everybody else has had a good Sunday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh Lynn I hope all goes well with your mum,I really feel for you, at least someone else is doing all the running about this time, you spent years doing it so try and keep calm and not worry too much.
Sorry to hear the garden party wasn't that good, maybe next year it will be different. Utonagan get togethers although infrequent, tend to be the same where everyone wants to know who bred their dog, their parents etc. then we establish who is related to who exactly!!!
Have a lazy day today Helena, and Lets Be Careful Out There (mainly in Dunelms) as has been said that Store Defective in the Sky is Watching
As TM has said it is pouring down here, although I think ours started well before one because it was pouring down before we even left for Puppy Class
PROUD MOTHER/BREEDER ALERT

Keshi passed her Puppy Foundation so she is in Bronze Class from next week. Am already doing the Bronze with her myself, so who knows I may get her into Silver by the end of the summer. Very proud of her, she didn't put a foot wrong, all the way through the class there was a JR that barked and yapped, growled, snarled etc. there was originally a little GSD puppy next to it and it was really getting upset, so I swopped places with the man, because Keshi is fairly good that way, but it did put Keshi off her stride a little, she has to get used to that sort of stuff anyway, and it didn't affect her when she did her test after class.
Very strange isn't it Jenny that the clutch didn't show up before that, I don't think it is part of the MOT but just driving it is always enough for you to know when it is on its way out. Hope OH has had a good weekend, is suitably jiggered and goes to bed early, same goes for you TaffsMum
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Well done keshi and mum.

Just had another update and it is a suspected blood clot so they are going to give her something to thin the blood in the hopes it will it disperse it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry your morning was cut short Lynn and really sad to hear about your mum. I hope things improve.

Yes, it was a stressful walk. Steve was stressed before we even left the house so I allowed myself a tantrum en-route and threatened to go out by myself for the day and leave them all to it! That worked!

It's been one of those days - the children were really well-behaved at Church, even though it went on ... and on ...

Then we went to Dunelm Mills for some PVC to line the cupboards - we came away empty handed because there was a massive queue but I'm sure I saw a CCTV 'wanted poster' with our very own Helena looking furtive and trying to conceal her face ...
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Yay well done Keshi!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Enjoy you roast Lynne.
I use to find a threat like that worked Linda.
at the wanted poster.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >