View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 12:38 AM
I wasn't able to put a regular flat collar or martingale on Mocha yet but she did let me tighten the one she already has on. I took her out for a very long walk in hopes of her peeing and pooping, no luck yet. I was nervous if she pulled too hard it would snap off, but surprisingly she did well on leash.

Then we sat in the grass for another long while and she eventually began to nuzzle into my crotch, lol. Then she laid down on her side in between my legs and it seemed like she really wanted to lay her head down too but was unsure. She was a little overwhelmed by all the sounds so I suspect she hasn't experienced very much. She wasn't freaking out but was obviously VERY aware of everything around her and also seemed unsure about all the noises (tractors, neighbourhood dogs barking, etc). We sat there together and I was petting her very softly and quietly. I tested and stopped petting her and she would nudge me to keep doing it.

Mocha is a great girl that just needs some help to settle down in the world. She is a typical Rottie, very affectionate even when unsure about everything.

I was wondering if anyone here would know what this means:

We were walking at a nice slow pace and Mocha was doing pretty well. Not much pulling and would kiss my hand every now and again. Then she fell back and was walking right behind me dead on at the same pace but with her head down. I hope she's not sad.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2013, 12:47 AM
We were walking at a nice slow pace and Mocha was doing pretty well. Not much pulling and would kiss my hand every now and again. Then she fell back and was walking right behind me dead on at the same pace but with her head down. I hope she's not sad.
I doubt very much that she is sad. Perhaps something bothered her and she regards you as her protector. That would be nice, if so.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Mocha met my male landlord today. I was outside with her and she instantly went to him for some loving. Afraid of men...I think not.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2013, 06:27 AM
She sounds so wonderful. What a sweet girl she is - and again kudos to you for taking her on and giving her such a wonderful physical and psychological space

Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Mocha met my male landlord today. I was outside with her and she instantly went to him for some loving. Afraid of men...I think not.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi The world needs more like you,and it wouldnt then have screwed up dogs.My late Afghan was frightened of men,because he had been abused by my ex,but my OH gradually built up his trust,and even let him do his feet,so what I am trying to say is that it is not always permanent,they eventualy will realise that not all are the same and respond accordingly.Gemini54
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
***Mocha-chinno Upsate***

I've been working with Mocha in practicing with her and the collar I wanted to put on her (the one that's on now). Every time she would get close to it, she would get a treat until eventually she was kissing it, lol. That's when I took it as a cue to do the collar switch.
I'm so happy I was able to switch to a more secure collar than the one she came with.

She loves meeting people so far. She took to Mike right away and she met the landlord the other day he was here while I was out for a walk with her. She instantly went into the "love me" mode. I think she will get a little scared but I am confident that she will come through with flying colours. It would be nice to get her shots done this week and in a couple of weeks get her spayed before she goes into heat as we don't know when her last one was. If I notice she's too stressed, we'll just re-schedule. The vet isn't too far from me, so no big deal.

egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Well done. She is coming along nicely with your patience and kindness.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Mocha is the perfect girl to help sooth my heart after Ivan being adopted.

She still has her issues that need some guidance yet I am confident she will be adopted quickly.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 05:17 AM
She really is the perfect girl - and a beautiful poser for the camera. She's come along way in such a short time.

I've said it before and I'll say again - I've enormous respect for you taking on the emotionally challenging task of fostering dogs.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3