View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh goodness Sal, still no diagnosis and still having to wait, but with luck by the end of the week you will know more.

Re the rapid heart beat, all my dogs' hearts have always gone like the clappers when up on that table, so how does a vet know when it is a symptom rather than merely stress

That's by the by though, and I hope you get those ABs into Meg okay - with Jimmi, because he cannot have cheese or anything yummy like that, I break off three small pieces of banana and put the pill in one..........feed him the first one, and of course he is desperate for the next bit and THAT one has the pill; the trick is to hold up the last bit immediately after feeding the pill one, so that they are totally focused on that. It works with Jimmi, and he can be a little toad when it comes to pills. You can substitute the banana with sausage or whatever Meg finds irresistable.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh Sal, I was thinking about you today, hoping that you had some answers. I really hope that these latest tests give you some idea and that Meg can be easily treated.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I hope the results come back good Sal, and sorry I'm late in here, but I get a bit busy elsewhere as you know. From what you've posted I would suspect cushings as well, because all of those symptoms were the same as Georgie's who was diagnosed with cushings after a blood test at 10 years old.

Anyway, hopefully, they will come back all clear and the ab's will clear it up quickly.

I do the same as Sally with the pill Zena has every day. I wrap it in something and squidge it in, and I'm ready to shove a bit of "nice" into her gob immediately afterwards, so obviously she swallows the first bit extra quickly so that she can take the next which has nothing in it. Good luck.xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
...[snip]...

Re the rapid heart beat, all my dogs' hearts have always gone like the clappers when up on that table, so how does a vet know when it is a symptom rather than merely stress
Unlike Pereg of course, who is more likely to go to sleep once lifted on the table...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks all
I will update as soon as I know more,
Gave her Meg her ab last night just to see if she would take it without any food,been as she's always starving and eat's more or less anything and she took it and ate it with no fuss
Put this morning's in with her food and again she ate it with no fuss

Ringing the insurance later for a claim form,I paid yesterday's bill but anything else now is going to have to go through the insurance,we only have to find the first £80 excess and at the moment we just can't afford to keep paying out and then claim it back so going to request they pay the vet direct.I know it sounds awful but we just don't have any spare cash at the moment
Our vets are pretty good so I hope they understand.

She wasn't best pleased yesterday at all,we had daggers all day from her,as soon as we got through the vets door her tail went between her legs and she kept moving towards the door

I am hoping we get the results tomorrow,I hate waiting especially when we don't know what we are dealing with.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Vets have rung and Meg's results are back and are completely normal

Vet has said she needs to loose this weight, and we need to sort out a Diet for her any recommendations would be good,as for what's causing the coatloss we have absolutely no idea,so it could be allergy related....

Totally stumped

We are back at the vets next wednesday so we will see how the infection clears up and see what they suggest next....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Good news that the tests are back normal lets hope the weight loss and the AB's for the skin infection sort the problem.
I fully understand your predicament re: insurance and claiming direct we would be in exactly the same position as you at this time.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 07:16 PM
That's brilliant news about the blood tests, so at least a lot of the nasties are ruled out.

Certainly allergies, be they food or environmental, could be the cause of the hair loss.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 08:25 PM
It's a huge relief knowing that her bloods are normal and there is nothing underlying
I am inclined to agree Sally,it has to be an allergy of some sort.
I am going to try and exercise her more and try my hardest to try and shift this weight gain.Tempted to put her on a light/senior food.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Sal that is good news Meg is ok. What are you feeding her on at the moment .
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >