View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Morning all, heavy snow here last night, we got caught out in it, then as we were out daughter called to see if we could pick her and a couple of friends up to take them home as they were stranded , good job we were in the 4x4

Hope everyone is OK today, dogs and their owners

If you have to go out , stay safe, the roads are lethal round here.

P.S.........

at calling your dog Piglet as a nick name I can imagine it but surely it can't of been its real name can it

My friends chihuahua is called "Piglet"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

We have SUN!!!

Michael's composite tooth repair came away last night so we need to get him to a dentist again. I was going to try an emergency one but if he can hold out I'd rather wait until Monday and see our own dentists because I know they are gentle. I'm really worried that this is going to keep happening - he can't keep having it re-done every month. He managed his breakfast and drank milk through a straw so I'll see how he gets on today.

Loki is surprisingly quiet today. I will take him out and hope we don't both go flying - mind you it's melting! Yay!

Have a lovely day everyone.
x
Morning Linda sorry to hear about Michael lets hope he can hold out till Monday.
I hope Loki perks up take care out there on your walk.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

We had a wee bit of snow last night. But that turned to rain then froze. I am not going anywhere unless I have to today! It means trying to defrost the car.

Davie and his friend had a sleepover last night, they were quite good but my goodness they were up early today. Hoping they will go out later and I can get some more sleep.

Today is just some housework then some study. I'm a wee bit behind with empire and need to catch up. So kind of relaxing day no running around involved. I'll take Davie swimming tomorrow. Today though I refuse to rush to get out of bed.
Morning Lorraine I remember the sleep well, late to sleep early to rise us needing matchsticks.
Enjoy your lazy day.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,morning all

Cold and frosty first thing, and it's a lovely sunny morning here now
Luke got us all up at 7am by stamping to the bathroom which started the dogs howling for brekkie So I asked him to sort them been as he woke them which in turn woke us all up.

Had to de ice my car,we had heavy rain last night and it froze during the night so it was icy this morning,all the snow has nearly gone

Popped to Tesco for my veggies and bits I needed,got back and Tom had sorted the kitchen out for me and had a bath

Currently have a load of washing on and hopefully going to peg it out later.

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal Naughty Luke.
Glad to hear Tom has been helpful. Hows OH today ?

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
The most beautiful springlike morning here

Very late getting going today... one of those mornings where nothing would work first thing
Nothing much to report, we were going to lunch with our son and daughter in law but d-i-l has injured her foot and has to stay off it until Monday when they will xray it So I have told her to do just that and we will come another day.
Have a good Saturday everyone.
Morning Jenny we have sun too and its nice to see it.
Sorry to hear about your DIL I hope the foot is better soon.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. Heavy snow here last night as well. I think it stopped about midnight but it put down about 3 inches. Gorgeous day today though & it's thawing fast.
Just going to do a load of ironing this morning under protest.

Hope everyone keeps well today. Enjoy your day.
Morning TM sorry to hear about the snow hopefully it will all of gone by the end of the day.
I iron under protest to.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning all. Almost hesitate to say it is gloriously warm and sunny here. My favourite sort of climate (hate high summer - suffocating heat). In fact I flopped out on the verandah in my swimsuit for about 3 hrs yesterday - long enough to read a whole book - bliss!
Morning Pat. The warmth sounds lovely and sunbathing on the balcony.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, heavy snow here last night, we got caught out in it, then as we were out daughter called to see if we could pick her and a couple of friends up to take them home as they were stranded , good job we were in the 4x4

Hope everyone is OK today, dogs and their owners

If you have to go out , stay safe, the roads are lethal round here.

P.S.........

My friends chihuahua is called "Piglet"
Morning Jackie good job you have a 4x4.
Ooops about the name.
Holds hand out for slapped wrist.

Chris started it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Jackie good job you have a 4x4.
Ooops about the name.
Holds hand out for slapped wrist.

Chris started it.
no slapping from me, the name could`nt suit the dog more........... its a right little pig.........let
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:00 AM
O/H is doing ok,still pretty much immobile and is still struggling with these crutches,he is scared he's going to fall
He didn't have a great night last night and he's really worried not only about the break but the damage done to his knee,but I have told him not to worry until he has seen the consultant on Thursday and take it from there.

He's getting pretty fed up of been stuck in the house but there isn't much he can do about it

Thanks for asking
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh dear it isn't going to get better quick is it due to how long it was left before it was seen.
Being in pain all the time though is no fun and worrying it might not be the same again.
Hopefully Thursday will be more positive.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
no slapping from me, the name could`nt suit the dog more........... its a right little pig.........let
Phew. I am pleased about that I couldn't deal with any slapping today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Chris started it.
I debated about mentioning it because it dawned on me that there might be someone on the list with a dog named the same and then thought, nah, surely not

Oops!!

Come across a few strange names in my time, but I think the weirdest was Henry. Not really because the dog was called Henry, but surname was Cooper which, in itself isn't all that weird, but then to call your daughter Minie I thought was a bit thoughtless as that kid is bound to grow up with a lot of ribbing from her friends.

A lady used to come to agility training with a sweet little collie bitc h called Dave, but my favourite had to be the dog I was seeing on a one-to-one and when the owner asked if she could bring Raymond along with her the following week, I encouraged her saying all the family should be involved in training. Raymond turned out to be a JRT.

I'm not good with names
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I debated about mentioning it because it dawned on me that there might be someone on the list with a dog named the same and then thought, nah, surely not

Oops!!

Come across a few strange names in my time, but I think the weirdest was Henry. Not really because the dog was called Henry, but surname was Cooper which, in itself isn't all that weird, but then to call your daughter Minie I thought was a bit thoughtless as that kid is bound to grow up with a lot of ribbing from her friends.

A lady used to come to agility training with a sweet little collie bitc h called Dave, but my favourite had to be the dog I was seeing on a one-to-one and when the owner asked if she could bring Raymond along with her the following week, I encouraged her saying all the family should be involved in training. Raymond turned out to be a JRT.

I'm not good with names
at Henry cooper and Minnie Cooper.
I love the story too about Raymond that's just the sort of thing I would say.
Its given me a giggle too so that's good.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:23 AM
"Some people do have strange ideas on names don't they. I always try to imagine them out and about and calling their dog to them. You'd think, 'here Piggy, Piggy' would have been enough to put them off that particular name wouldn't you "

My first Siamese was rehomed from a family. He had a great bend in his tail so the child in the family had called him.... Kinky..What can one do! His pedigree name was Beta S'u Vana thankfully..
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »