Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Morning Sal Hope you get poor Luke sorted at the dentists today, nothing quite like toothache is there. Enjoy a quiet(ish) day then Sal.
Thanks Helena,
He's been and has a nasty infection under the tooth,no wonder it's so painful,so he's got a course of Ab's and needs to go back next week for a check up & to sort that tooth out,dentist is unsure at the moment if it needs to come out.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Good morning fellow members, a bit late today , I got diverted. It's cold here but at least it is fine.

My son is coming for lunch and I promised him mince pies made with the mince meat I made yesterday, so I have been busy making pastry and eating things I shouldn't be eating because I had to try both lots .

Have an enjoyable day everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Was raining and cold here earlier on, nice sunshine and dried up when I took Lona and Mabs out, we had just got back and it started raining. Opened the door to the utility, and there was this massive Number 2 there, looked like an Elephant had been, now she had already had a walk out before I took the other 2 out, and done everything already, so I think this was pure Drama Queen Nortiness because she couldn't go a walk with them!!! However, she still will not let either of them into the kitchen, the babies are 4 weeks tomorrow, she is bordering on paranoia that they should be seen by them
Know what you mean by the black ice last night as when I took Cariad for her late walk I could feel it, and went very carefully, all I could think of was that my phone was in the house and the puppies were locked in there, and if I fell and hurt myself then I couldn't get help. Lot warmer today though and no ice, although the forecast is for -1 tonight.
Tried the babies on tuna with some bio yogurt for lunch and Cariad had a chicken carcass. 3 babies tucked in, the little grey girl (Sooleawa) wouldn't touch it, I tried hand feeding her, but nope she turned her little nose up in disgust
Then the grey boy (Cheveyo) saw mummy with the carcass, she had taken herself away into the crate (with clean bedding in wouldn't you know) and was chomping away, so he climbed in to see what it would taste like, well she soon sent him packing, so he went back to the tuna, a poor substitute in his opinion
Here is Todays Puppy Fix. Off for firewood etc in a minute then will go to the library and have a download of piccies so there are better Fixes for you all in the coming week.

Chris I am so glad you have found out the problem with Gary, doctors never ever check on anything, the number of times I have been prescribed stuff for my osteoporosis,only to find out it doesn't go well with the painkillers I am taking, I am sure I would be dead by now if I didn't check on things!!!! I hope the doctors listen and stop the medication immediately.
Still no word from Lynn, hope all is well, wish she would have a borrow of Gordon's laptop or something so's we know the goss from her end.
Glad Loki seems to have stopped fitting, mind you I said that yesterday and it seemed to have the opposite effect, so I take it back
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Awww look at those gorgeous podgekins!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Those pups are gorgeous with their little pink tongues out. There's nothing like puppy breath!

I'd like to catch up here but have half a ton of shopping to put away and catch the post collection so have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Thanks Helena,
He's been and has a nasty infection under the tooth,no wonder it's so painful,so he's got a course of Ab's and needs to go back next week for a check up & to sort that tooth out,dentist is unsure at the moment if it needs to come out.
Poor Luke, I know all about those, I've had enough of them to last me a lifetime, tell him he has my deepest sympathy and hopefully the ab's will do a quick job and get him out of agony.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members, a bit late today , I got diverted. It's cold here but at least it is fine.

My son is coming for lunch and I promised him mince pies made with the mince meat I made yesterday, so I have been busy making pastry and eating things I shouldn't be eating because I had to try both lots .

Have an enjoyable day everyone.
Afternoon Mini Lol, that's what's known as chef's perks Mini, don't worry about it, as long as there's one left for him!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Was raining and cold here earlier on, nice sunshine and dried up when I took Lona and Mabs out, we had just got back and it started raining. Opened the door to the utility, and there was this massive Number 2 there, looked like an Elephant had been, now she had already had a walk out before I took the other 2 out, and done everything already, so I think this was pure Drama Queen Nortiness because she couldn't go a walk with them!!! However, she still will not let either of them into the kitchen, the babies are 4 weeks tomorrow, she is bordering on paranoia that they should be seen by them
Know what you mean by the black ice last night as when I took Cariad for her late walk I could feel it, and went very carefully, all I could think of was that my phone was in the house and the puppies were locked in there, and if I fell and hurt myself then I couldn't get help. Lot warmer today though and no ice, although the forecast is for -1 tonight.
Tried the babies on tuna with some bio yogurt for lunch and Cariad had a chicken carcass. 3 babies tucked in, the little grey girl (Sooleawa) wouldn't touch it, I tried hand feeding her, but nope she turned her little nose up in disgust
Then the grey boy (Cheveyo) saw mummy with the carcass, she had taken herself away into the crate (with clean bedding in wouldn't you know) and was chomping away, so he climbed in to see what it would taste like, well she soon sent him packing, so he went back to the tuna, a poor substitute in his opinion
Here is Todays Puppy Fix. Off for firewood etc in a minute then will go to the library and have a download of piccies so there are better Fixes for you all in the coming week.

Chris I am so glad you have found out the problem with Gary, doctors never ever check on anything, the number of times I have been prescribed stuff for my osteoporosis,only to find out it doesn't go well with the painkillers I am taking, I am sure I would be dead by now if I didn't check on things!!!! I hope the doctors listen and stop the medication immediately.
Still no word from Lynn, hope all is well, wish she would have a borrow of Gordon's laptop or something so's we know the goss from her end.
Glad Loki seems to have stopped fitting, mind you I said that yesterday and it seemed to have the opposite effect, so I take it back
Afternoon June, Oh that cracked me up there what Cariad had done for you there See, a leopard never does change its spots no matter how many babies she has, she's still on that norty list!!! Fancy her not letting them into HER kitchen then to see her beautiful babies Don't forget the firework for later on your travels, after you've cleaned out the kennels and done the shopping lol, your day never stops June no wonder you enjoy that little sit down by the fireside having a nice cuppa with those chocolate biccies, you've soooooo earned that Oh that puppy fix today and we've got more???? Can't wait, aren't they growing a treat, a real, real treat

Originally Posted by twix View Post
Those pups are gorgeous with their little pink tongues out. There's nothing like puppy breath!

I'd like to catch up here but have half a ton of shopping to put away and catch the post collection so have a good day everyone.
Afternoon twix Nice of you to whiz by though, thanks twix
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Good Morning everyone!!

Pleased to hear you all sounding so chipper!! seems my rain has made it over the pond to you now - pouring here again!! hey ho means I can wear my hunters, and my barber hat and look proper posh whilst doglet walking.

Had a lovely weekend, busy day at the craft fair, put our Christmas decs up, I don't care that is just Dec they only come out once a year and so I put them up for as long as I can get away with!!

Hope that you get some results with the Neuro Brierley, it is such a worry, and so pleased you seem to be finding answers, but such a scarey thing that you get answers from a Dog Forum and not the hospital.

Hope that Loki and Pereg are both doing well!!

Happy Monday everyone x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Well, a busy, busy morning so far even though my sister is visiting today.

Thanks to a lovely lady on here (and thanks for the pm in case you didn't see my post yesterday - it has been a godsend), I have phoned the hospital twice this morning. I'm still awaiting a call regarding seeing Gary's consultant, but my second call was to the ward. I told them that others have suffered very similar symptoms to Gary after starting on Keppra medication. I also told them that I have now read the side effects this drug can cause (thanks again, lovely lady ):

They are now ringing the neurologist rather than the duty doctors for advice and are looking at another MRI scan.

As my sister has just said, if it does turn out to be the drug, it's a bit of a ****** that you have to get info from the internet to sort it rather than it being picked up on straight away in the hospital

Anyway, for the first time in two weeks and after a really horrible time yesterday when I visited, I feel more positive. I was really worried that the next move would turn out to be to a psychiatric ward, but now, well.............. phew! (I hope)

Apologies for not getting too involved in the daily threads (apart from to off-load and think out loud), but what a godsend for places like this where people are so willing to help and advise others xx

Have a good 'un all
Thank God you got it......I was worried with the PM system appearing to play up. Hope any information helps, and you get it sorted. I was going to send you another with my email but can't. Did try to get your attention through registered members section, and Azz sent you an email too....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Hope your lunch went well Mini.

Beautiful puppy fix June.

I tried Carys' fairy/angel dressing up costume on her but it's a little small now. We need one for the nativity but she was ill when the school PTA hired them out and I couldn't find anyone to ask in the playground so I've had to buy a new one. Luckily I've found 25% off in Asda and told her it's an early Christmas pressie.

What ever happened to the days of a make-shift sheet and bit of tinsel around their heads? Mutter mutter.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Afternoon all,

After a rather white journey to Inverness discovered there's hardly any snow there at all. All seems to be here!

Quiet day today. This evening will be busy tho, cadets then I'm going to be studying.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >