View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Good morning fellow members cold and grey again here yet again but at least the flood water is going down.

I ventured out to the shops thinking it would be quiet, it wasn't so I ended up buying some petrol and coming home again I can't be bothered with shops these days.

Next on the list a bit of cleaning I think.

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hmph, they will not! When I pointed out that we're not rich, the answer? "But Father Christmas will bring it." I knew that one would come and bite me on the behind because I remember saying that myself a trillion years ago. I had to explain that Father Christmas can only bring one present per child because he doesn't have much room on that sleigh.

Aw not the overalls. I suppose if they are too long you could roll them up?
Well how come he managed a whole pillowcase for me then when I was a kid??!! Mind you, it was filled with cheap c*ap!!!

I couldn't roll them up coz they'd be back down on the ground within 5 mins with this particular girl. I've duck taped the front legs, so they're now above her knee, and I tried the same with the back, but when I put them on (can't believe how good she is for this bit ) they were still over her feet, so they got the scissor treatment at the back

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Just finished making another batch of "dogsicksoup"

My hubby hates pepper and doesn't understand that everything must have salt and pepper added for seasoning and taste.
So I always add it when he isn't around.
He is out with Peps at the moment so heres my chance to make the soup.
Guess what I did, I dropped the entire pepper pot in the sauce pan Luckily it went in bottom first and I grabbed it quickly.

Now I just hope I can stop sneezing and giggling before he gets home
Lol at that pepper there Jen I smother everything in pepper I think it's actually good for you, so maybe tell him that???? Enjoy that soup, let's hope he doesn't notice the pepper, but he will of course.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lynn he will have been picking up on your anxiety over Gordon going, being away and now the excitement of him coming home. I bet (hope) once Gordons been home a week he will go back to being the lovely gentle Dillon I met.
I totally agree Bev, he will be much more settled once Gorden gets back home.

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Morning Helena and Everyone

Cold outside but at least it isn't raining! I had my neighbour's grandson up here before he went to school (his gran is in hospital at the moment) and his Mum starts at the pre-school early, so I have been having him up here these past few weeks - so running late at the moment!

I need to pop into see Anne-Marie in the afternoon for 2 pm and be back here for 4 when Jamie comes back from his footie practice!

I will be taking Lki out after her morning meds and I need to call the Vet for an appointment for her 3 monthly health check, not sure if he will take bloods to test her Phenobarb and Potassium levels when we go!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Morning Rose Sounds like you've had your hands full there for the past few days, and good luck with Loki's vet check, let's hope she'll pass with flying colours and stay fit free.xxxx

Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
HI All,

We've been very lucky with no flooding near to us but we're on high land up here in Birmingham. Hope everyone is dry and safe, where ever they are!

Haven't taken the dogs out yet. Don't want to go out. I'll be fine once I'm out and about with them, it's just the part where you have to make the effort to step outside that I'm not looking forward to.

No idea why - I've already been out to take Oscar to school.

Don't have any real plans for today other than housework whilst Oscar is at school. He has his self defence lesson tonight and an extra one on Thursday. He has his grading to get his red belt next Monday so I hope he knows what he's doing.

So, am off to brace myself for going back out in the cold, damp grey mist.

XX
Afternoon Laura It's pretty grim out there I'm afraid, so wrap up warm and you'll enjoy that walk

Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Morning all,

Another day off for me today, got to love long weekends

Sorry to read about Dave and Gary if it's not the dogs that are sick it's the humans hey?!? I hope Gary gets better and can be moved soon and I hope the ice pack and rest helps Dave.

I have a day of food shopping to look forward to. I've got to get some chicken feed and budgie seed, food for me and food for the dogs.

If it wasn't for me having to go to all the different shops I was going to take the boys somewhere new to walk but I can't trust Malcolm with food in the back of the car so he and Bandit will be left behind to man the fort as it were.

Really need to get up and get going and stop reading dogsey
Afternoon Jen You're probably out and about doing all that shopping by now, IF you've managed to prize yourself away from Dogsey of course..... I know the feeling

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Not raining here this morning, although last night when I took Cariad for her late walk it was really coming down and I had all my waterproofs on for what was essentially a 15 minute walk round just so she could download
Have got some lovely piccies of babies sat up and am hoping to get to the library today. First of all Cariad will go a walk and then Lona and Mabs. Then do a wood run. On Saturday my exhaust started blowing, so going to take that over to where Eldest Son's unit is, there is a garage place there and they have been doing my cars for a couple of years now, and because of me being sort of 'family' I get the parts trade and Eldest Son does it, however he is away in Oxford working at present, not sure how it is going to work out, they may be able to sort it for me, but sounded pretty noisy to me on Saturday!!! After Exhaust Examination and maybe even Fixing, the library will be next on the list. Eldest son due back up here at some point towards the end of the week, as he gets virtually free B&B here it is one way of me getting some money off him. He does go and do shopping, but really most of what he comes back with is useless to me, wish he would tell me when he is going and he could have a list
I hope the interview goes well for you Stevie, people like you deserve to be paid in sacks of gold in my opinion, I do not know how you do it, my boys barely made it through alive, no idea how I would go on with proper problem children!
Lynn I am sure he is picking up on your excitement about Gordon coming home, you must be so wound up with all that has happened, the Mac not working (oh I can sooo identify with that one) and all the other stuff building up. At least you have got yourself and Dillon to yourself this morning and not doing Tube runs etc.
Is Dave scared he has a brain tumour or something, so he would rather not know it could be just something pressing on a nerve and a bit of manipulation could stop all of the pain. Not had that many migraines, but in a previous life the stress got to me so badly that I woke up with one and couldn't even move my head, so if he is getting regular bouts of anything like that I feel for him. Does he get them when he is away at work in the week as well, must be awful being in a hotel and not well either.
Waiting to see how you go on with the overalls, could you maybe email the suppliers and see if they can enlighten you on how to shorten them, you can't be the only person coming across this problem.
That coffee and Danish sounds wonderful, having a coffee now, but no Danish, because once I get going that will be me for the day and I won't get sat down for hours.
Here is today's Puppy Fix

I have now, finally, got a name for My Little Girl, got to run them past the Registry first to make sure no one else has called their's the same, then I will Go Public
Afternoon June Another busy one for you today then, hope you get it all done and can get home, put your feet up, light that fire and maybe have a well earned nanny nap this afternoon Dave's problem is a strange one, because sometimes it's not the normal migraine type, it's more at the very back of his head, and this is what the physio lady is concerned about. He's been carted off to hospital with it before now, they did a lumbar puncture and a head scan and could find nothing, so he has to live with it. The physio woman wants a scan on one particular part of his neck, which of course, the hospital didn't do, they just did his head and he checked out ok, he really does have something in there

Yes, I think I'm going to ring the Hurrta people because in all their pictures, these overalls actually come above the knees and hocks in the pics, and these are collies and large dogs like Zena, so why do mine come below her feet?? Maybe there are 2 different types and I've ordered the wrong type, that wouldn't surprise me!!!

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members cold and grey again here yet again but at least the flood water is going down.

I ventured out to the shops thinking it would be quiet, it wasn't so I ended up buying some petrol and coming home again I can't be bothered with shops these days.

Next on the list a bit of cleaning I think.

Enjoy your day everyone
Afternoon Mini Awwwww, sorry you couldn't get your shopping done, I hate it when the shops are busy like that, but I'm afraid it's gonna be like this right up until Christmas now, WHY I don't know, people are stacking their trolleys as if we're going to have another war or something, it's crazy Maybe tomorrow then!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2012, 12:58 PM
'afternoon Helena and all

Hope you managed to sort the lights in the kitchen OK, that's the last of the things to do isn't it

Hope all of you who are near, or caught up in these floods, will be OK it sounds bad. Weather here is still dry but getting colder, they are talking about snow on Thursday

Have a good day all of you out there.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
The ward Gary is on has what looks like Norovirus and Gary has it. The move is off for what looks like at least a week. He looked dreadful yesterday when I went and is very grumpy.
Oh no, that's exactly what you do NOT need now, and a delay on the transfer to Boston. You are in my thoughts.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Good afternoon all, sorry I'm late
I hope all who are poorly, of have dogs that are poorly .... get well soon. Also Chris, you are still in my thoughts and hope Gary gets over the Norovirus very quickly. I know its the time of year that this dreaded virus can do its rounds

I had a wonderful walk with my son and the two dogs this morning, both of whom got very muddy and very wet (that refers to the dogs )

We are watching the three rivers that surround us very closelyl. The Thames is very fast but being managed well (we are lucky and just above a weir, but below the weir the river level is up by about 4') the River Wey is stable but the River Bourne is very high and now into peoples gardens. I'm not concerned really as we can see the rivers and the only problem we would have is the water going through our garages and barn - our house is built up 8' so that water can go under.

Keep safe everyone and have a good rest of the day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'afternoon Helena and all

Hope you managed to sort the lights in the kitchen OK, that's the last of the things to do isn't it

Hope all of you who are near, or caught up in these floods, will be OK it sounds bad. Weather here is still dry but getting colder, they are talking about snow on Thursday

Have a good day all of you out there.

Oh no, that's exactly what you do NOT need now, and a delay on the transfer to Boston. You are in my thoughts.
Afternoon Harvey Yes, it's the last bit in the kitchen, apart from a small slither of wood Dave has put at the bottom of the cupboards, to fill a large gap that I've got to pain now, and then I can put the laminate edging up against it which he has already cut ready for me, but it's the getting round to it. I don't get as enthused in the winter as I do in the sunny, summer months for diy'ing. I had to go up to the van and leave the dehumidifyer in there, let's see if it does a good job. It's not a damp van by any means, but all that water leakage over the last few weeks hasn't done it any good. Yes, our weather is going to turn colder by mid-week, but I do hope we don't get the snow along with it

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good afternoon all, sorry I'm late
I hope all who are poorly, of have dogs that are poorly .... get well soon. Also Chris, you are still in my thoughts and hope Gary gets over the Norovirus very quickly. I know its the time of year that this dreaded virus can do its rounds

I had a wonderful walk with my son and the two dogs this morning, both of whom got very muddy and very wet (that refers to the dogs )

We are watching the three rivers that surround us very closelyl. The Thames is very fast but being managed well (we are lucky and just above a weir, but below the weir the river level is up by about 4') the River Wey is stable but the River Bourne is very high and now into peoples gardens. I'm not concerned really as we can see the rivers and the only problem we would have is the water going through our garages and barn - our house is built up 8' so that water can go under.

Keep safe everyone and have a good rest of the day.
Afternoon Jenny Better late than never That sounds good that your house is built up like that when you live in close vicinity to 3 rivers up there Jen I don't think we will EVER buy a place near any water in the future, and I think it was a very good choice of ours to be right at the very top of this great big, long hill down to the town too! Dave did say last night though, that is only worry would be a landslide, because we have a big hill behind us down into the back garden, and to one side, it still carries on up, but covered in woodland, which is not good

We have a little stream in the woods, which takes all the rainwater from the very top of this hill, all along the top "ridge" they call it, and this morning, it was flowing like I've never seen it before Of course, that was a good thing Zena decided! I now have to put the lead onto the rope of the ball, otherwise, when she plonks it in the stream and it's going so fast, it's gone, down the crevices, the twists and turns, and she can't follow it, because of the big drops, it's too dangerous, and we've already lost 2 balls in there - expensive ones at that! I came up with this cunning plan so we won't be losing anymore.

It was bucketing down this morning, but now we have glorious sunshine, it's all so odd isn't it. Hope you're staying safe and not flooded.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I'll be lucky to get a nap in stopped for a cup of tea and a pasty and am lying down on my bed for a bit.
Got Cariad out for a walk and it had just begun to rain, took her a walk round the little park, then home. By the time we got home it was really coming down. By then Lona and Mabs had seen me in my doggie clothes so were up at the back door. Took them out along the canal, kept a strict eye on Mabs going too near it, so a nice walk, came back over the bridge into the village and the river is really really high, nowwhere near the top because it is quite steep, but the bit where I go to when I take the girls to the waterfall is quite low so wouldn't be surprised if it is over the banks at that particular bit, is running very fast as well.
Sooo get back, clean up, Cariad had a major major strop when I took Lona and Mabs out and she was scrabbling at the back door, coupled with Lona and Mabs scrabbling at the outside, I doubt my poor door has much wood left in it!!!
To show her displeasure at my Cruel Uncaring Ways she has poo'd in the utility, but on the puppy pads, so not all bad. Cleared all that up and did outside and kennels, took bag to the bins, came back, and there is another poo in the utility, this time it is Mabs who thought she may as well seeing as the pads were there anyway Started a new rubbish bag. Mopped kitchen floor and put washer on. Everyone has bones, Cariad in the utility with hers, although it is raining it is quite warm here today and it is cooler in there for her. My little break is almost done, into the shower now and onto the wood run and Beyond
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Afternoon all. I'm having a lazy afternoon today. I've sent hubby out with Taff. He's not taken him for months & he keeps complaining he's not getting any exercise
Mind you after him sending me up into the junk room looking for something for him that he expects to be in the same place he left it about 3 years ago ( in the living room) & I had to go through every box in the place it's the least I could do by sending him out in the rain

Just going to have a nanny nap now while its quiet.

Stay safe everyone affected by the flooding.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Well we've had a break in the rain here today but the ground is waterlogged. Muddy and slippery underfoot for me but Rosie loves it!

Even finding a temporary pond to have a splash about in today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I have just had a telephone call from the Shopping Channel about my couch, which I bought through their website. Now I have no problems with them and bought my previous couch through them - no problem. Ditto my lovely bedroom suite. Both turned up when I was told they would.

But, the couch I ordered on 31 July which was supposed to be here in what - two weeks? Three weeks? Turned out to be twelve weeks and when the suppliers phoned me the morning of the delivery [28 October] having phoned me three days earlier, to ask what colour I wanted delivered and then said sorry, we do not have it in brown so what colour shall we deliver - I was bdooly furious as the order was for a brown one...

So I cancelled that order [and my money was refunded from the Shopping Channel quite quickly] and at the same time as cancelling the order I placed another order for this one. Definitely 10 [working] days delivery and definitely brown, only it turned out that the 10 days delivery was between Hadera and Gedera only and I live south of Gedera, so delivery would be 21 days.

OK, so I have to wait a bit longer, but the 21 days were up yesterday and no couch, supposedly delayed because of the situation.

I have just had another telephone call from the Shopping Channel asking if my couch has arrived safely.

No, but a set of cordless telephones [one base and one extension] ordered from the Shopping Channel last Wednesday was delivered by courier this morning even though the delivery given was 10 days.

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh Malka, you'll have to continue sitting on orange boxes then, oh but at least you'll be able to phone them to complain on your new phone. I wonder how the conversation went when they asked about your new couch......
Just had the breeder of the Norties on our Breed Forum, she has put piccies up of the flood they are having, being in Wales.
They have lost all their hay, the freezers have blown up and some emergency dry dog food stored in bins has also gone their ducks and geese are loving it, I am so worried about her, there is a lot of money tied up in the food that has all gone and things aren't wonderful for her at the moment without this.
Am in the library downloading some absolute CUTE Piccies
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »