register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Chucking it down here as well, got the first lot of puppy bedding in the wash, swept and mopped in the kitchen. Cariad is dithering about whether to go in the yard or not, she stops at the door and will go no further, so have put more puppy pads down for her, she did use them in the night. Lots of grumblings and rumblings between her and Lona still, surprisingly she is fine with Mabs who is allowed in the house but not too near the puppies.
The lady who is having the girl rang this morning to see if she could come over to see one of the big girls, she is still concerned about their size, as the breed spec is wrong on the pets4homes site, I have told them and told them, but they don't even have the courtesy to get back to me and ask for the correct one, so everyone thinks they are smaller than they actually are. I have now altered my breeder profile and put the correct breed spec on there. She is coming over
tomorrow morning, and I have explained about us being at a stand off, so Lona won't be allowed in the house by Cariad, but she is happy just to see Cariad, who loves people and is all over you, so little girl may still be looking for a family if this lady thinks they are too big, she understands that the babies are far too young for visitors and isn't expecting me to let her in to them.
Here is today's Puppy Fix, hope it is one no one has seen yet will be going on the wood run shortly and will be going to the library to download more piccies whilst I am out

Nikki if you put shavings in the shed you buy, then they will come out clean as a whistle within a couple of hours, and if they are together with a couple of bones I can't see it bothering them particularly. Maybe do a few trial runs whilst you are around, and feed them in there as well, so it is an extension of the house to them. Then make it routine that when they have come in from a walk they go into their little house straight away, and there is a bone each for them etc.
Can't believe Gordon has such a stupid colleague, they take the Koran very seriously and anyone doing stuff like that could well find themselves in big trouble, so he is wise to keep his distance from her whenever possible. Not long before he is home now Lynn, and you will be so relieved I know!!!
Have a good time cleaning the van Helena, I will have to get stuck into the living room this afternoon when I get back from my jobs if I have got a visitor tomorrow
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry you're not 100% Mini. Hugs - try to take it easy. It doesn't help when appointments are put back; that must be very upsetting.

I hope your son eats, Chris and that the new medication will help.

Hope you feel better today Gnasher.

Ugh the mud thing is horrible in this weather. June will tell you that Loki is teflon coated but it falls off - all over the floor.

He had a lovely time this morning, racing through the puddles in the fields and chasing leaves.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Afternoon all Glad to hear you've given yourself a day off here Chris, and I hope they move him to that hospital which is closer and easier for you soon. Loving today's puppy fix (and nooooo, we haven't seen this lovely piccy before!) good luck with that lady's visit and yep, you'd better get tidying up there.

I'm liking the sound of these sheds with straw or shavings, but I have a bit of a spoilt lapdog here and I don't know whether she'd like being left out in a shed to dry whilst I'm all cosy indoors It sounds a brilliant idea for those who can, but for the time being, I'm sticking with me hose or that overall.

Well, did what I wanted up at the van, and I'm sooooooo ashamed of myself People always commented in my little guest book about the place being spotlessly clean, and yes, it is to look at it inside, the very cleanest, finest bedding, new mattresses, all utensils and electrical items brand new, all sparkly clean, BUT, I went to do the windows today, and the blinds Blooming 'eck, I cannot believe I never noticed it before, probably because they're a terracota colour and not white like we have at home, but as I went over them with a wipe, the wipe was BLACK I used a whole bag of wipes to get them all clean and shiny again I can't believe neither I nor my guests noticed them, but I suppose, you just pull 'em up and you pull 'em down, you don't run your hands over them do ya! I'm positively ashamed of myself, I need chocolate!!!!!

The bathroom doesn't seem to be leaking, and I've given it a good spiv, put kitchen roll down everywhere, behind the sink, behind the loo, so we shall see on Friday. The only strange thing is though, the water running underneath the van HAD dried out a lot, the concrete seemed dry apart from a small area, but then when I left, there was this looooooong wide water mark, much further down towards the front than when I had started my cleaning It's gotta be coming from somewhere hasn't it to do that? Dave will get underneath there on Friday and check it all out we've gotta find it, because my water pressure has gone very low, so I'm guessing it's leaking where the pipe connects to the mains or something? We shall see.

Anyway, I threw in a nice steak and onion stew in the slow cooker early this morning and that's lunch today with some new potatoes and pointy cabbage! Never a day goes by when I don't eat a pointy cabbage, I shall look like one soon!

It's still not really raining hard here, but it's very, very windy. Hope it's dried up where you are and you can get out with the dogs for a nice walk.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes Jane, but it's no big deal really, from past experience on other forums my bet is many of them will be back Big hugs for Max
Thanks Harvey And to your girls too, I hope they are both well.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Malka hasn't been on here today. I hope her and Pereg are ok.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Malka hasn't been on here today. I hope her and Pereg are ok.
I was just wondering that myself. Has anyone heard from Malka today?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Chucking it down here as well. Max and I have been out for our walk, I have three client's dogs to walk later so am hoping it will dry up a bit.

Seems like I have missed some things on Dogsey, Chris and Malka, I hope that you are both ok.

Have a good day all
How did the walks go? Did you manage to keep dry or have you had three extra dogs to rub down?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

I'm having a day off . My sister and brother in law are going to visit Gary on both sessions today and although the guilt trip is already kicking in, I really need to recharge a little

All the drips are out - yay!! However, they did want to put the feed drip back in this morning because he won't eat (mind you, he's on a soft diet and yesterday's offerings were less than appealing). He refused point blank to have the feed tube put back so I've told them my sister will take in some pot noodles and some salmon sandwiches on soft baps and we'll see how he goes with them. They are fine with that but asked if she can go in for 12 o'clock for lunch time. NO, she can't! She looks after my mum and has already made alternative arrangements for someone to pop in tonight. Me thinks the hospital forget that we have to travel to get there which means we are there from 2-8.30 pm without a break. It takes my sister over an hour to get there and me two and a half hours. Surely, they could relent and get a sandwich from the cafe to try to tempt him

Yesterday, he was a nightmare. All he wants to do is sleep and all the advice is to try to get him up into the chair little and often to start to get him moving. He goes dizzy when he gets up and all the colour drains from his face. No wonder he was grumpy is there . Apparently, with head injuries the grumpiness is fairly normal.

One good thing (I hope) is that now they have got him to agree to try some new medication for his epilepsy. The bad news is that after such a severe head injury, his fits are likely to increase.

If he starts eating, they are looking at moving him to Boston hospital which will be far easier for me for visiting. It's a couple of hours round trip, but it does mean that one of us can do the afternoon visiting and the other the night one and that we'll still have a little time to get other things done too.

I'm still not caught up on everyone's news so I generalise and wish all poorly doggies and people better and hope all those not poorly have success and fun with what they are doing.

Malka - I hope you are staying safe and looking after yourself. Keep that chin up in these troubled times. x
So sorry to see your son is so poorly, hope he is soon well enough to transfer to Pilgrim, so much easier for you.
xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Afternoon all .

June the puppies are just so squishable.
Good luck wth the person coming to meet Cariad.

I am also wondering where Malka is and hoping she and Pereg are ok.

The car is now going after much faffing about and I hope it starts when I go down later to try and tomorrow if not I will just become a crumpled heap and finish off my nervous breakdown.
Better get some washing in I have done nothing except walk Dillon and hoover due to playing silly boogers as Malka says over the car.
When that is done I am going to curl up with the christmas film that channel 5 are now running if its rubbish I will read some more of 50 shades.

I hope Sally remembers that magic bottle tonight.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2012, 03:02 PM
What a bloomin' balagan. Computer problem which is the very last thing I need, well no, not the last thing but nearly. Not even sure it is my computer or whether it is Firefox, but FF keeps crashing and took my computer with it a couple of times.

Then I was able to get computer sort of sorted so could read but was not able to write or post anything. Then could not even read anything so have to do a catchup. Then the power went off so I think something was was up locally. Needless to say there has been no let-up.

Panicked when I went to give Pereg her 3pm meds as the 7am pill was still in the pill box. That meant she had gone 16 hours with no medication and she is supposed to have it every 8 hours. So I am rather on edge in case something happens.

Remembered to make the urgent telephone calls - firstly thanking Madeleine for the gorgeous honey - and then Mei Eden about the water m/c. Took me three attempts to even get a human voice and then it was "someone will call you back" so I said right - or they call me within the next hour or you can come and take the bloomin' thing back. Mind you, I have been a customer for 13 or 14 years, maybe even longer, so they do not want to lose me.

So I have a techie coming between 8-10am tomorrow although I said I do not want a techie I want the m/c replaced. And a supply of spare taps. No, she said, a techie has to look at it first. Pity I cleaned it up - should have left it as it was because it really does look old. I mean it still looks old but shiny clean old.

Got to shoot across to the macolet once I have had a quick looksee at the board, as I need some cash for my driver who is going to get some carcases for Pereg in the morning, and having paid Nir on Monday [or was it Sunday?] I am very short on cash.

Back later once I have done the ketchup!
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »