View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 07:46 PM
It was lol. He was a very friendly chap when he knew who I was.

Helen
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I have walked through shoots with my dogs, if they can't be bothered to put up signs you don't know they are shooting. I certainly have no wish to encounter them. On the occasions that they have put up signs they fail to take them down when they have finished so are then ignored after a while.

That would be annoying.
The folk that shoot deer in the forestry here are pretty good, they always take the red flag away when they're done.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
: Horseupcleugh? :
Ouch, that sounds painful, you can probably get a cream for that
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
That would be annoying.
The folk that shoot deer in the forestry here are pretty good, they always take the red flag away when they're done.

Ouch, that sounds painful, you can probably get a cream for that
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I was out walking recently when I heard the guns go off and a canadian goose dropped down beside me!!!! You can imagine what I said to the group shooting when I caught up with them. If that bird had fallen on me I think I would have been knocked out, have you seen the size of them up close and personal??!!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
I was out walking recently when I heard the guns go off and a canadian goose dropped down beside me!!!! You can imagine what I said to the group shooting when I caught up with them. If that bird had fallen on me I think I would have been knocked out, have you seen the size of them up close and personal??!!
Sorry, i know that would be really serious, and i agree people shouldn't be shooting where others are nearby.......but the mental image of just walking along minding your own business and getting whacked by a random goose falling from the sky made me lol!

Getting hit by one of them could bloomin kill u though!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:56 PM
idiots, makes me feel sick to the stomach, what is wrong with people!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
if they can't be bothered to put up signs you don't know they are shooting.
The only problem with putting signs up is that they could attract anti-bloodsports protestors and to be honest the public rarely takes any notice of signs nowadays. I never put signs or flags up because of this reason. I had an encounter a while back early one morning with some dog walkers who didnt agree with me shooting foxes despite the fact they were all tresspassing on very clearly signed land and were allowing their two terriers to run in amongst the pheasant pens. They even had the cheek to say tresspass dont exist anymore because of the right to roam until i said so that gives me the right to pitch up in your back garden then?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
OMG! I have to say the image conjured up though was very
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
He is a nice man - there are some shepherds on the neighbouring estates who would have given this poor unsuspecting couple an absolute mouthful! Thankfully my OH is a diplomatic man.

I think they were nice people, just totally ignorant of country life and the trouble they and their dogs could potentially get into.

They had two GSPs and a white boxer type dog.
Ah I thought so - GSP's, IMO, have a high prey drive, they seem to me to be more hyper than the English - certainly mine was - and absolutely definitely should not be allowed to run riot anywhere near livestock, particularly sheep.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ah I thought so - GSP's, IMO, have a high prey drive, they seem to me to be more hyper than the English - certainly mine was - and absolutely definitely should not be allowed to run riot anywhere near livestock, particularly sheep.
I always thought of gundogs (even the German varieties who are generally "harder" than others ime) as being relatively uninterested in sheep in general, but have found that GWPs in particular have extremely high prey drive. It sounds as though GSPs can be as driven too.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >