View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 03:58 PM
You know you have done the right thing for Buster. It's never easy, all we can do is our best for our animals and hope we get it right.

I waited too long with one of my cats, thinking he deserved to just slip away.

Thinking of you. Hugs.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Maureen I am so sorry for the decisions you are having to make. You are not alone here as so many of us have been through exactly what you are going through. Deep down though I think your lovely Buster has let you know that the time is right.
Lots of {{{hugs}}} to you and Buster
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Such a horrible time sending you and your family loads of ((((hugs)))) stay strong.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Our lovely vet ,Michelle is coming out on Friday morning at 10 a.m to help Buster go to the Bridge
Cant really put how I feel into words.
Alan is going to sleep downstairs with Buster tonight and then we hope for him to sleep upstairs with us as he has done for nearly 16 yrs
Looking at him since I last posted I know that its the right thing to do -just wish that this could make me feel better.
Thank you all again for your kind words and support
Please be with me on Friday morning as Im feeling so scared
Maureen
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:37 PM
It's so hard to say goodbye. The decision you have made is very brave and out of love for your dog but that does not make it easy. xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this heartache and pain Maureen It is just the hardest decision to make. As you have said, you want it all to be over, but then you can't bear to think of your life without them in it. It is just the worst.

If only there were some words I could write that would take all the fear, hurt and pain away, but all I can say is that I completely understand how you are feeling. I had to have one of my border collies pts nearly two years ago now (it feels like weeks rather than months) but he was very ill and I know I had no choice to make. I have two elderly dogs now (an 11 year old GSD and a collie of indeterminate age) and I know I will be in your position not too far down the line. It is frightening and upsetting, but it is something we all have to go through at some point when we share our lives with dogs. That doesn't make this time any easier for you I know. {{hugs}}

I went in for an operation a couple of years ago and had to be given a general anaesthetic. I remember thinking after I had come round, how stress-free and peaceful it was being "put to sleep" like that, and how I would try to remember that when it came time for my dogs to go.

I will be thinking of you and Buster on Friday xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Very sorry Maureen. Never an easy decision to make Thinking of you all and hoping that Buster passes peacefully on Friday.xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 10:37 PM
So very sorry. Even when we know in our hearts it's the right decision, it really is the worst to have to make. You have taken that brave first step and by the sound of things Buster will thank you for it.

Will be thinking of you, your OH and Buster on Friday and wishing him a peaceful crossing xx
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 10:46 PM
So sorry i will be thinking of you on Friday x
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 06:43 AM
So sorry Maureen but you are doing the right thing.. I know these last day and a bit will be so hard but just remember he will be going to a lovely place free of pain and no doubt Buster will thank you for that.. will be thinking of you tomorrow morning and sending you lots of hugs xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >