View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 03:57 PM
The Staffords keep theirs on all the time and the coated terriers only wear theirs when out on walks.

Staffords are smooth coated so makes no difference to their hair but easier to get hold if something looks like it is going to kick off. Not that the two here do kick off just a habit.

The coated terriers I don't want a dint in the fur and they are easier to get hold of with out collars
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Collars kept on all the time here, never caused a problem.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Never leave a collar on in the house.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Whisper doesn't ever wear a collar - it's too hard to find her neck! xx

She has a harness for walks.

I wouldn't feel happy with her wearing a collar in the house and I always think it must be more comfortable without one on. Like that 'removing your undergarments' feel at the end of a day when I slip into my PJ's! Bliss!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Collars on here in the daytime. Take them off at bedtime after last garden visit then on again in the morning when I get up.
When I had my one rescue dog Dax he got distressed when it was taken off. I thought at first it as the link with his old home but I changed collars after two days as he had come wearing a check chain & I was afraid of him catching it on something but he acted the same with his leather half check. Took him about 3 months to accept the routine of it coming off at night.
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Collars on here in the daytime. Take them off at bedtime after last garden visit then on again in the morning when I get up.
When I had my one rescue dog Dax he got distressed when it was taken off. I thought at first it as the link with his old home but I changed collars after two days as he had come wearing a check chain & I was afraid of him catching it on something but he acted the same with his leather half check. Took him about 3 months to accept the routine of it coming off at night.
Funny you should mention that, Reg acts a bit weird when I take his off to give his neck a good scratch.
I put it down to the fact that he doesn't really know what it is, after all he can't see it, probably wonders what the heck it is and where it came from!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I undress Dillon at bedtime otherwise it's left on. He got out once not that he ran away was just sniffing around, but I'm not chancing it happening again, next time I might not be so lucky.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 05:36 PM
No collars on in this house!

I dont like the marks it leaves in the fur and I would imagine they would be uncomfortable for the dogs when sleeping etc. I dont have escape artists or dogs that have any desire to disappear so I see no reason to keep their collar on 24/7.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Collars come off as soon as we come back in from a walk. They rough n' tumble each other and it worries me one will get a collar caught. However, the main reason is that they jump up and down at our glass front door (in fact a lot our doors, external and internal are clear glass) when they see a family member coming in and it would be too easy for one of their collars to get hooked up on the door handle
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 10:53 PM
He has his collar on during the day but i do take it off at night.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >