View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Jeez that man is a stupid barsteward didn't notice all the signs of stress as well as the warnings & why the h£ll does anyone give the dog food & then take it away again.

I do hope the dog was OK afterwards although I doubt it as it probably ended up having a shock collar used on it or was PTS.

Totally wrong way to reduce resource guarding & further proof that CM is a danger to dogs
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Hard to see if he just "taps" her or actually punches, but I guess they are referring to what happens at 00:18 when he moves in the first time.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Its the cupped hand hit to the side of the neck at 19 sec..
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Jeez that man is a stupid barsteward didn't notice all the signs of stress as well as the warnings & why the h£ll does anyone give the dog food & then take it away again.

I do hope the dog was OK afterwards although I doubt it as it probably ended up having a shock collar used on it or was PTS.

Totally wrong way to reduce resource guarding & further proof that CM is a danger to dogs
Apparently he informed the family that the dog was unsafe to have around children and he took it to live in his pack...
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:47 PM
18s in, he puts his hand in the bowl, the dog shows teeth at him so he withdraws his hand, clenches fist and returns it at high velocity to the side of the dogs jaw - and that causes her to react more agressivly and no doubt makes her more wary of him in general which builds up the tension for the bite
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I see what you mean now, he did strike the dog. Not sure if it was exactly a punch, it's too quick to see. Either way there was no need.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Ok I get what you are saying so I will explain

The dog imo gave lots of warnings, she didn't want to bite him and even put up with being punched in the face
She bit him when all her warnings were ignored and she only went as far as needed to get him to back off

Yes dogs shouldn't bite, but as the supposed smarter species we shouldn't attack them and push them to attack

Good dog that she showed more restraint than him
You dont need to explain. "I" know what you mean. Its just I dont think its the type of comment that will be very helpful for novice owner or those whos dogs are having similar issues.

As much as we may dislike the bloke, or think his actions warranted the dogs attack, (which I do) I just dont think saying "what a good dog" is correct on any level really.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
I see what you mean now, he did strike the dog. Not sure if it was exactly a punch, it's too quick to see. Either way there was no need.
Agreed - its difficult to see if it was a slap or a punch, but deff an agressive hit - and his fist was clenched before he drew his hand back, I was watching it on my phone and it looked like a punch - on the big screen its too blurry to see totaly - but whether a slap or a punch its all the same
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You dont need to explain. "I" know what you mean. Its just I dont think its the type of comment that will be very helpful for novice owner or those whos dogs are having similar issues.

As much as we may dislike the bloke, or think his actions warranted the dogs attack, (which I do) I just dont think saying "what a good dog" is correct on any level really.
Yup, I know you do - I ment I would explain for the thread - not for you, as you pointed out it was irresponsible for me to leave that post without explaining what I ment by it
hence why my reply to explain more fully what I ment
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup, I know you do - I ment I would explain for the thread - not for you, as you pointed out it was irresponsible for me to leave that post without explaining what I ment by it
hence why my reply to explain more fully what I ment
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »