View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
With me having the two jobs now (3 if you count the groom job) I work more or less full time hours. Im quite lucky that I never have both jobs in the same day. If I'm at the kennels then I get up at 7, wall my two, and then go to work. The dogs are just shut in until I get back at about 2, we then go out on another walk as soon as I get home. When archie arrives he will be coming to the kennels with me, as I has no idea how he will react at the minute with being left.
If I'm at the bowling place, I work from 4 in the evening so the dogs are just walked before then and then fed before I go. If nana is in I don't bother feeding as she gets home at 5 do they only have an hour on their own, if not then they are left from half 3 until half 10.
If I'm grooming or at a horse show, I can't take them with me, but I dont tend to take the little ones because I worry too much about them getting squished by a giant shire foot plus asbo isnt keen on them when hes onlead and i cant hae him off all day. the big dog may come to them with me, I've web told he's good around horses but definitely need I double check before I take him with me.
We mange just fine though
Shangri-La
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I am up and out by 6.45am with Bob to the woods
We leave there at around 7.30am latest
Bob and i get to work for 8.00am Bob has his breakfast
He has raw so it takes him about 10 minutes to eat it
Then he sleeps, he is up at 10.00am for his treat, Lamb Spine
Then back to sleep until around 1.00pm when we go out for an afternoon walk
And sometimes a dip in the stream if it hot, this is for about 30-40 mins
And then we are home for 4.30- 4.45pm then we go out Agility on a Monday
For an hour Wednesday we are out for about 2 hours with his doggy friends
Buzz and Barney, Thursday we are out for about 2 hours with his doggy friends
Oliver, Cooper, Dillon.. Saturday we are out with the spaniel walking group
Where we go to a different place most times... this takes up all morning,
And Sundays we got Agility and Obedience training.....
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
Up at 5: dogs go outside reluctantly! Eat their Brekkie then take themselves back to bed.
8.30: housemate lets them out again.
14.00 home and anything between 3-5 mile walk.

I used to feel terribly guilty leaving them. But.....they don't seem to mind. When I'm home all day, they get on the sofa first thing and don't move all day, until 2/3pm when they know it is walk time.
They know their routine now.
This sounds a lot like my two, and does help to alleviate my guilt somewhat.

6:45 am: Walk or jog with dogs first thing, length of time ranging from 45 mins to an hour. Then home for breakfast and chilling out/play time for an hour - hour and a half ish while I shower, make lunch etc.

9:00/9:30 am: Dogs into their beds in their pen (rear lobby and downstairs toilet, separated from my kitchen with baby gates) with a treat each. Billy has often made his own way to his bed half an hour or so before I ask him. They love their beds!

5:30/6:00 pm: Return home, wake up dogs from their sleeping and out into the garden for toilet/play.

Evenings are spent with a mixture of training class/training at home, another walk/jog, playing in the house/garden. Sometimes I have friends over for dinner etc but I won't gfo out without the dogs again unless my lodger is in to spend some time with them. The exception is when I take Sneaks to training class (Billy goes to my friend's house) and Billy to training class (Sneaks stays with free run of the downstairs; he doesn't mind this as he quite likes time to himself). They usually start to flag at around 10pm, at which point they either go back into their beds in their pen for bedtime...or come up to have a cuddle with me in bed before being taken down to their pen a hour or two later (i.e. whenever I've fallen asleep then been woken up by them kicking me/whining at the door to go down to their proper beds/shaking their ears in my face etc).

My lodger works varying shifts and is often around during the day, or at least returns home in the afternoon before I do. When she's around the dogs are in and out of the house/garden but generally they just sleep.

I used to work close to home and would go for a walk at lunchtimes, but redundancy meant I had to find another job. My current job is too far to return home unfortunately and I feel guilty every day about leaving them so much. But, as others have said, it is their routine and they are used to it. They tend to just sleep all day if given the opportunity (confirmed by my lodger and by me at weekends) and they have each other for company. It's by no means ideal but it does work OK for now; hopefully one day I'll be able to work from home more or at least closer to home. It does help having a breed that is renowned for being a couch potato in between bursts of energy! My two very quickly adapted to coninciding their energy bursts with my morning/evening time with them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3