View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Give him a kiss on the head from uncle Jeagi.. please? beautiful memories. night night to Flame too!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Give him a kiss on the head from uncle Jeagi.. please? beautiful memories. night night to Flame too!
Duly given. He opened one sleepy eye and then went right back to sleep
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Duly given. He opened one sleepy eye and then went right back to sleep
Thank you. Have a lovely evening, all. Sleep tight with all those beautiful memories.. and the joys, still to come!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks so much for your kind words H. I am glad you prompted me into digging through lots of old pics, as they hold so many happy memories and ones I haven't revisted in too long It is sad our dogs have to get old - hell, it is sad ANY of us had to get older

I have always felt you had a real love for Flame, especially when you got Zena and they were so similar I have given Flame an extra big hug from you tonight

Thank you again.
I was only thinking the same last night, as I looked down at Zena zonked out in her bed, I just cannot imagine her getting old somehow, heck, she still thinks she's 6 months old now at nearly 4 years old, and I'm sure, just like my old Cassie, and your dearest Flame, she will always be up for a run or a game when she reaches her double figures.

I was having a game with Zena tonight with her piggy, she's always so gentle with that piggy, unlike her ball, then she goes on her side with it, with me lying next to her, then she rolls over and sticks her big paw in my face, and then rolls back over to lick me to death! Oh these memories Kirsty, will be with me forever, just like those I've reminded you of today when you looked at those fab pics.

Night night Flameybobs, one day, I really am gonna come up there and give you a great big hug (but I know she wouldn't really like that would she lol!), bless her sweet heart, she's still looking great in her greying coat, and I'm so pleased to hear she still likes to run when she's in the mood
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2012, 08:42 PM
She really is lovely, has always been my opinion of a perfect GSD (even over the lovely working lines!). It's tougher as they get older isn't it? They grow with you, and are around for oh so much that when their time to depart comes you really do loose such a part of yourself.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was only thinking the same last night, as I looked down at Zena zonked out in her bed, I just cannot imagine her getting old somehow, heck, she still thinks she's 6 months old now at nearly 4 years old, and I'm sure, just like my old Cassie, and your dearest Flame, she will always be up for a run or a game when she reaches her double figures.

I was having a game with Zena tonight with her piggy, she's always so gentle with that piggy, unlike her ball, then she goes on her side with it, with me lying next to her, then she rolls over and sticks her big paw in my face, and then rolls back over to lick me to death! Oh these memories Kirsty, will be with me forever, just like those I've reminded you of today when you looked at those fab pics.

Night night Flameybobs, one day, I really am gonna come up there and give you a great big hug (but I know she wouldn't really like that would she lol!), bless her sweet heart, she's still looking great in her greying coat, and I'm so pleased to hear she still likes to run when she's in the mood
Aww H you always make me smile xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
She really is lovely, has always been my opinion of a perfect GSD (even over the lovely working lines!). It's tougher as they get older isn't it? They grow with you, and are around for oh so much that when their time to depart comes you really do loose such a part of yourself.
Thank you Luke, that is a lovely thing to say It is tough as they get older. As you say, they are around for so many of life's changes, they are always constant and unfortunately I think we take them for granted until that one day when we suddenly realise they are in their twilight years.

I remember this was one of the photos that everyone used to love of Flame (it is hanging in my bedroom)

Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Such a beautiful girlie then and a very regal girlie now. Stunning

(have to admit to having a little leaky eye syndrome.....)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks Elaine. I think I must have touched a nerve with many members, simply because our dogs mean so much to us and so many of us have been in the same position.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 09:41 PM
You know how much I love her
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »