Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Glad you are all ok.

I must be on high alert now at all times I think.
Thankfully I didn't get dragged it was if he felt the line go taught and stopped dead. Good thing I suppose.

Lisa I thought you were going to say you ended up in the pond.
haha luckily not, Ty isnt so keen on water
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2012, 09:48 PM
When I first got buster two years ago, I took him to the park field. We seen another dog nearby and I was talking to someone. As I was talking Buster caught me off guard and dragged me over to the other dog on my chest.

Oh and only the other night, he was on the bed and he started barking and went to jump off the bed. I went and grabbed his collar and he dragged me of the bed with him.

I ended up with a bruise on my knee and wrist.
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-08-2012, 07:41 AM
When I first got Frodo (40kilos) he pulled the lead out of my hands, so I had the bright idea of clipping his longish line onto my jeans. Cue three deer running across our path. Frodo off in hot pursuit with no recall. I had about 5 seconds of standing there, wondering what was going to happen when he got to the end of his line....

Well, my jeans just sprang apart under the pressure!! Luckily I only had the three deer and a bolting dog as witnesses, and could scurry home (once i'd got Frodes back) clutching a few bits of fabric around my waist.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
When I first got buster two years ago, I took him to the park field. We seen another dog nearby and I was talking to someone. As I was talking Buster caught me off guard and dragged me over to the other dog on my chest.

Oh and only the other night, he was on the bed and he started barking and went to jump off the bed. I went and grabbed his collar and he dragged me of the bed with him.

I ended up with a bruise on my knee and wrist.
Ouch.

Originally Posted by GirondeDeb View Post
When I first got Frodo (40kilos) he pulled the lead out of my hands, so I had the bright idea of clipping his longish line onto my jeans. Cue three deer running across our path. Frodo off in hot pursuit with no recall. I had about 5 seconds of standing there, wondering what was going to happen when he got to the end of his line....

Well, my jeans just sprang apart under the pressure!! Luckily I only had the three deer and a bolting dog as witnesses, and could scurry home (once i'd got Frodes back) clutching a few bits of fabric around my waist.

I washed Ollie's no pull harnsess yesterday and he now goes out on that on the field with long line attached. I did try it out last night much better. He starts to pull it tightens against his chest and he stops lovely.
He walked very well yesterday afternoon on his collar and lead when we went round the block which he usually does but Gorden was fretting. That is completely different though and I always walk watching and waiting for dogs, people he may get excited about.

Mustn't get caught off my guard again I can't relax till he becomes a plodding Bernese it seems.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Many years ago I looked after the sire of my Weimaraner for a few weeks.

He was big, strong dog and I took both of them to a game fair.

There were various dog events and I went to participate in a gundog one with my bitch and asked someone to hold him for me.

I had just got to the start when I heard "help" and he was dragging her down hill towards me.

So I asked someone else, and the same thing happened.

By now I was running out of volunteers but a very nice chap sat on a bench took him and he managed to keep him by his side!

It was very hot, and I put them both in the creche being operated by a charity.

When I went to pick them up, the chap had to cling on to the mesh fencing of the kennels as he could hardly remain upright with the two dogs!

He asked me how I managed them both (and he was a strapping chap).

I wish I had a photo of him clinging to the mesh with each step!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Many years ago I looked after the sire of my Weimaraner for a few weeks.

He was big, strong dog and I took both of them to a game fair.

There were various dog events and I went to participate in a gundog one with my bitch and asked someone to hold him for me.

I had just got to the start when I heard "help" and he was dragging her down hill towards me.

So I asked someone else, and the same thing happened.

By now I was running out of volunteers but a very nice chap sat on a bench took him and he managed to keep him by his side!

It was very hot, and I put them both in the creche being operated by a charity.

When I went to pick them up, the chap had to cling on to the mesh fencing of the kennels as he could hardly remain upright with the two dogs!

He asked me how I managed them both (and he was a strapping chap).

I wish I had a photo of him clinging to the mesh with each step!
I bet that was a sight to behold.
I think his question is self explanatory about you having no trouble holding them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3