Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi tessa

Sorry dont mean to be daft, but a carrier oil? What is that?

I live in Denmark, and we dont have that many health shops.....

Do I get both oils in the health shop? The lavender to put in my pillow is that the leaves from the flower?
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

24-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi Bellaluna,

Your essential oil is so strong it needs to be diluted with another oil which is basically a standard oil with no smell (not cooking oil lol)
Almond oil has a hint of a smell but not much.

For rinsing dogs in lavender bath water you would use a number of drops of the lavender essential oil with warm water in bucket and leave for rinsing them.

for misting you furniture again a few drops of lavender oil with water in a plant mister

for the pets bedding I cut up old pieces of cloth and put a few daps of lavender essential oil on them leave them for an hour to dry and then place between the pet bedding. I don't dilute when doing this.

For headaches dilute lavender essential oil with your almond oil and place on temples and pulse points of your wrists.

For your pillows I normally chop the flowers off the lavender and stitch into little tiny pillows and insert under the main pillowcase. Also put them in my draws. Moths dont like lavender neighter.

I grow my own lavender and many herbs. I have just made some basil oil by filling a glass jar with ordinary virgin olive oil and filling the jar with basil leaves. Leave for a couple of weeks on a sunny windowsill shake everyday. Put paper over top of jar with elastic band and strain off into another jar and voila basil cooking oil. You can do it with a lot of flowers lavender included but when using flowers make sure your oil is not cooking oil. I grow six different types of lavender. My children I think I'm daft but I love it and love the smell.

Hope that this has been helpful.

In the summer I crystalise some flowers and add to cakes. But have to hold my hands up not a good cake maker.

Tessa
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-08-2004, 02:47 PM
I must admit that the BEST smelling woman I ever 'smelt' was an aromomatherapist! Was such a beautiful smell! She did tell me what oils they were but i was young and silly at the time and didnt remember them
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 02:53 PM
are you old and sensible now then??
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

24-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Love my lavender but not as a perfume.

Not everybodies cup of tea but I still love Chanel No 5

Just call me Coco

Tessa
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 02:59 PM
max's sisters name is coco chanel! I love ck one
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks Tessa I'll go hunting for oils tomorrow

And then I'll return here and use your little tips
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-08-2004, 03:24 PM
lol @ Katy!! old yeah, but dunno about the sensible bit! *cheeky grin*

Tessa - I bought a btl of that for my sis for her birthday! Did you know that the chemicals/aluminium in Deoderants/perfumes are said to be a likely cause for senile dementia??

I had to use natural deoderants and flouride free toothpaste whilst on my detox!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 03:26 PM
blimey i bet you were a bit reeky
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

24-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Azz,

well I chat to myself at work. Chat to myself in the garden, does that mean Chanel No 5 has to go? or am I now a lost cause.

Tessa
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >