View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Soundgirlrocks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm planning on taking my little one (when I get him ) to work with me. I got the ok from the boss who though it was a great idea. One of the few plus points to working in a warehouse, plent of space! He will be traveling on the back of my bicycle in a doggie bike basket as well!
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I couldnt take my dog to work environmental health would have a field day and restaurant would soon be closed down if this was allowed,an office i could understand if ok with boss but even most shops are No dogs now days.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I'd love to take Molly to work but unfortunately I work for a confectionery company! I don't think I'd get much work done either, Molly is a massive attention seeker
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
i have one question... and its important. Where does that dog poop!? Imagine standing under your porch and bam. lights out.
Had to laugh at this!

I started a new part-time "proper" job (as my Mom would call it) at Easter. I would take each of my dogs in turn to play with the boss's dog whilst I was working. it only became a problem when Zane decided to launch himself into their dirty, alge-covered pond then drip it all through the house. I didn't take them after that!

Having said that, the job has now finished. I worked too hard, too quickly and effectively ran out of work. So I've decided to re-start the legal business I had started a few years ago. Well paid, easy work, choose my own hours. Dificult in terms of advertising or marketing on such a small budget initially though. So whether I'm at home or when I eventually get an office, at least one of the dogs will be with me at all times.
Until I get an office (maybe 6-12 months time unless I win the lottery too) I am mobile adn I doubt many Clients would want a great hulking, very vocal GSD coming to visit them for an appointment. Can't see why though!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
I couldnt take my dog to work environmental health would have a field day and restaurant would soon be closed down if this was allowed,an office i could understand if ok with boss but even most shops are No dogs now days.
Such a shame! In Switzerland Dogs are allowed almost anywhere, quite a few of my friends take their dogs to work! Including me! He sits under the desk, occassionally comes out to greet someone else, especially if they've got the biscuit tin!

Over there you can take your dog inside a restaurant whilst you eat your meal...or even into the shopping centres. You've never seen anything funnier that a dog in a department store... and we thought the men in our lives looked bored! The only place that is a "no no" are the supermarkets. Its amazing how well behaved the dogs are.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Infact, Even one of the train conductors takes his dog to work with him!
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:21 AM
ClaireandDaisy.....love it!

I take my dogs with me but then I'm gardening and outdoors. If I'm doing paperwork at home, they're under the desk lying across my feet and I feel guilty disturbing them when I want a 'comfort' break!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:31 PM
i often take my brother Belgian shep puppy to work with me. He just chills in office but hes getting to a point he dont sleep so much now so had to stop it as im not getting much work done. So he goes to work with his daddy now - he has to learn his job anyway
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I have often wondered how people would view a cleaner who takes her dogs to work but never been tempted to find out as I think the time I spent sorting them out would mean I had to more than double what I do to clean an area.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3