Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Richard
Not really! a dog which has been made over a 100 years just to fight and kill will always want to kill (it's not like any one has ever tryed to breed out the fighting part of them. Ok I know it's not the dogs thought it's the people that did this who really should be shot.

You your self should know that dogs that are bread to do one thing are very good at it and in this case the dogs have been bread to fight and thats what they want to do. and I think the quote i made shows this.
Claiming American Bulldogs are killers is a bit strong! I own a Bullmastiff crossed with an American Bulldog and despite being a musclebound canine-there isnt a malicious bone in his body.

Many breeds dont get used for their original use and Bulldogs are no different.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you too Richard. I have owned 4 staffords in the past and not one of them has had the urge to 'kill or fight' WITHOUT BEING ANTAGONISED just the same as any other breed.

Most bull breeds are very patient and will take a lot of agro before finally turning.
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I am so sorry you feel this way Richard. Now, when was the American Bulldog on the DDA? And when in their history were they bred for fighting? You may wish to read up on a breed history before you attack their tempraments.

I think this is the ONLY American Bulldog attack in the UK and they have been here for YEARS, just getting popular now. They are great dogs but not for first time owners. Nor really first time bullbreed owners, they have a high drive (which means they like to work ie agility or weightpulling), they are very guardy but they are also very very loyal and superb family pets. Ask any AB owner! I feel terribly for this child and the parents but no-one knows the circumstances ie was the child alone with the dog? Was the dog in the heat for too long? There are many options. It is tragic.

There are many good points from people on this one, Like staffy says most staffs take more than many dogs before attacking, and usually it is if they are attacked first. Not all the time but the majority of the time. I know LOTS of staffs who are not dog aggressive and killers. But again it could come down to training, you want a nast dog, you get a nasty dog. Simple as that. (I know in some cases there are just nasty dogs but usually there is a trigger.)

I can't believe the word killer has been mentioned here. Very harsh in my opinion.
Mick_B
New Member!
Male 

09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
richard i suggest you get your facts right concerning american bulldogs they have not or ever been on the dda, educate yourself on the american bulldog here http://www.c-gate.net/bulldog/html/b...__history.html they are not known for being nasty around children, infact that goes for any bull breed or large molosser. and i should know i own a houseful and thats been my way of life for years
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry but I agree with Richard.

This is our killing machine:

I bet you're all sh**ing yourselves just looking at her!

Graeme
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
omg gra you shouldn't be posting pics of such a scary looking killer dog!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2005, 02:17 PM
pmsl @ Graeme
bale844
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
rofpmsl, ive just bought a staffie that i was later told was irish (sometimes pit bullish looking), but im not judging her.
i believe if a dog is let run riot it will be a handfull but with training + in good hands any dog can be a softie!!
ive never concidered a possibly pit bull lookalike but im not about to jump on the bandwagon + cause trouble for good, dedicated breeders who obviously know their breed better than i do!!
each dog should be given its own chance + now i have my baby although shes not at all what i was expecting shes part of our family now, child, baby n all - even if shes a supposed killer?!?!?!?!
you should give all dogs a chance as you do all people - some are wastes of time + some are friends for life.
learn dont judge/critisice.
sorry if ive upsetted any breeders by calling my staff a lookalike i was merely using it as a description. jo xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:40 PM
yep Richard gonna have to disagree with your seeping statement too - Staffies were bred to fight ( with other dogs) for hundres of years yet are classed as the "nanny dog" as they are excellent with kids so you cant make such a statement based on ONE AB attack - the first we have ever heard . I would also point out that i never saw a photo in the paper about this dog - only a photo of a pitbull in "attck " mode so who can say what kind of dog it actually was - could have been a crossbreed couldnt it for all we know??

So dont accuse any dog as being a killer - as if you make that statement then all of the same breed is classed as that - so if a lab turned on a child- would the whole breed be blamed- I dont think so !!

dani
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 11:06 PM
i have ten northern inuits,a cane corso and an american bulldog,all are fantastic charicters and get on well when running free together,american bulldogs are a breed on there own,a ddb x ab is exactly that [a cross breed]. as for all this talk or bandogsthey were origanally a neo cross pitbull, and if people go round spouting off that theve got a bandog to the wrong people its liable to be siezed as is illigal to own.its much more sensible to say you ve got a mastiff cross.unfortunatly it was down to ignorance of some owners why some dogs got siezed. i attended 19 court cases of dogs that had been seized under the dda,most of these were loving family pets of mixed origens
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »