View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstin_mad_dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2012, 04:13 PM
What make you assume posting links to scientific papers here is of no use?
I asked a simple question, not for it to be insinuated that neither me or any other members of this site do not have the required intellect to read these papers!
brittany
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Claireanddaisy. If you actually read and understood that piece you liked to, you would not have drawn attention it. James Delingpole is a well known climate change denier. 'Nuff said.

Must be off to polish my unicorn's horn and eat some magic beans.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by brittany View Post

Wny not plant some of those magic beans and climb up the beanstalk where you can continue to feel superior to the rest of the world from an even greater height than your current high horse?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by kirstin_mad_dog View Post
What make you assume posting links to scientific papers here is of no use?
I asked a simple question, not for it to be insinuated that neither me or any other members of this site do not have the required intellect to read these papers!
My thoughts exactly. Why the aggression and the 'sneering tone'?

You fall into the category of people I would 'normally agree with some of what they say' but your ATTITUDE sort of forces me to argue and disagree!

If you are hoping to win friends and convert some to your way of thinking you are going about it all the WRONG way!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:48 PM
After reading a few different threads today on different topics, and I keep seeing this idea that a scientific article is "absolute proof" of something or other, I'm very tempted to start a thread entitled "find a paper that says one thing and I'll bet you £100 I can find another that either says the complete opposite, or at least completley refutes the evidence"
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Crikey, I'm going to try and ignore the sweeping generalisations against supplements and chiropractise, and just reply to the original question.

I think some supplements are useful for some dogs in some situations. If your dog has a particular problem/ diet/ age/ lifestyle, then do your research and make up your own mind before you read manufacturer's claims.

Personally I give quite a few joint-supporting supplements to my athletic country dogs...one of whom has known arthritis and joint problems. I have received some good pointers from people here...but ultimately you have to do your own research for your dog.

With your young dog, it is probably not essential to supplement if she's fed a good diet, but then there are certain supplements (like fish oils) which seem to do every dog a bit of good.

So in short, yes to sensible, informed supplementation.
kirstin_mad_dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2012, 09:20 AM
So what are the benefits of fish oils in dogs? in general i'm not into all these 50 million different health supplements for people let alone dogs, saying that i do take multivits and iron as i have a tendency to get anaemic and my 2 year old has multivits with omega3 as 1. she is veg phobic and 2. shes a nutter!
and yes she was introduced to all kinds of fruit and veg while weaning, while in the womb and during the 16 months i breast fed so god knows whay she wont eat them!
anyway back to the dog.....lol.......... would omega 3 calm the nutty dog too???
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Fish Body Oils have been used successfully with people with various issues.

Great for brain, eyes, heart, joints and attention etc

But you must also give Vitamin E if not included.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by brittany View Post
Claireanddaisy. If you actually read and understood that piece you liked to, you would not have drawn attention it. James Delingpole is a well known climate change denier. 'Nuff said.

And I`m off to put you on my Ignore list.
You`re going to be talking to yourself if you keep this arrogance up, dear. Being rude doesn`t prove you`re clever - it simply proves that you have no manners.
kirstin_mad_dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:15 PM
blimey you asked for some simple advice and it seems all the extremists come out the woodwork! just because your opinion is different to other doesnt means its wrong or that you can be bitchy or snide or superior about it jesus christ isnt that how wars and and that start???
i dont like egg yolks, people that do like eggs yolk are wrong and silly and just generally fools!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >