View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I've been to 3 training classes, but stuck with the 3rd Nottingham and Derby "Cadelac" Owned and run by Denise Mcleod (sp) and her team. They're fantastic and Louie thrived in classes, he's doing his last high school course and I'll be taking Pennie to puppy classes for the forseeable future, when she's at the same or similar level she will be doing the class before his and they will both go on the same night. Or they will be in the same class and alternating between the two But thats a long while a way..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Well I'd never heard of this sitting on dogs and choking them round the neck before I read it on here the other day.

Now - squirting lemon juice in their eyes? Really? I've never heard anything like that in my life.

Only dog I took to training classes was GSD. Many years ago - no clickers or treats involved then. I still remember the bloke - and lots of the things he told us.

One of them that there is no need to 'sargeant major' your dog! He said it's mainly men who do this - just shout louder and louder at the dog.

Also that the best use for a choke chain was to throw it at the door if the dog was barking on the other side of it when you went out and left it!

I'm guessing it is a lot quicker to train dogs with 'treats'. I have a bit of a problem with that as my dog just isn't interested in eating anything from your hand when she it 'out'. My pal tried her down on the beach with hers 2 nights ago, saying 'she'll eat these' - hers did - mine took it and spat it out (par for the course).

Also being tiny - too many treats would exceed her food allowance for the day.

Fortunately she is quite well behaved and brilliant at the important stuff - 'ELLA!' (Greek for 'HERE!' which we all love coz it's 'Ella Bella!' lol! and 'STAY!' And she loves getting her lead on (the only dog I've had that didn't go nuts when the lead came out) and will trot over and put her head down when I say 'LEADON!', whether it's indoors before we go out or on and off with it while we are out. Understands 'OUT!' too now with my finger pointing to the door!

I don't get too exercised about dogs barking (as long as it is not senseless non stop yapping). Hell, they can't talk or write - it's their means of communicating isn't it?
lolo123
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi there
This is for anyone living in the Sutton and Croydon areas of Surrey! I go to a great dog school which helps with puppy training, basic dog training, agility and one on one training. It's really professional and fun , and I've always had successful results (been to this school with all of my dogs!)
Anyway, I recommend Dog School - it's with a great guy called Jeff Allen
So if you're in the right area then I would definitely check him out if you're looking to find a great dog school
Hope you and your dogs are all well!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Would this be the Jeff Allen who used to work security with his dogs or is it a different one?

The one I am thinking of is very young.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3