View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not alone cos my dogs don't go back on lead for anyone or anything. They are completely under control and if yours isn't then it should be, I'm more likely to walk off in a different direction than cause anyone any inconvenience but just cos a dogs on lead doesn't mean it's under control anyway. A bit of common sense and understanding is all that's required.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't see the need to leash my dogs if I see another dog coming on-lead. I just recall my 2 and move to the side and pop them into a sit. They are well-behaved dogs.

If the other dog is friendly and on a leash for another reason then the owner usually says and then I let them greet.

Izzy can be grumbly when on a lead with other dogs but is fine off-lead.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 06:22 PM
When your dog does something wrong eg humping my spayed bitches , jumping on me , runnig away with my dogs ball etc at least have the courtesy of apologising
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
When your dog does something wrong eg humping my spayed bitches , jumping on me , runnig away with my dogs ball etc at least have the courtesy of apologising
Yes-unlike the person I met with the hyperactive "Poo-ador" who laughed as she saw her dog trying to grab my dog's ball from him and said "Oh you had better move that away, I always warn people to put balls away as my dog will have them" I smiled politely and moved away whilst thinking "Why don't you train your dog instead of expecting other people to accommodate his annoying behaviour !!!!"
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Yes-unlike the person I met with the hyperactive "Poo-ador" who laughed as she saw her dog trying to grab my dog's ball from him and said "Oh you had better move that away, I always warn people to put balls away as my dog will have them" I smiled politely and moved away whilst thinking "Why don't you train your dog instead of expecting other people to accommodate his annoying behaviour !!!!"

Or get it a ball of its own
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Being polite never hurts anyone.

Pick up after your dog.

Know where your dog is - it is NOT anyones elses job to control your dog.

Train a good recall so you can stop your dog bothering people or keep it on lead if not.

If someone is moving away from you or their dog is on a lead do not let your dog go up to them.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Be aware of what your dog is doing and don't let it eyeball others.

And your little dog barking and snarling at my big dogs is not cute - it's plain rude!
Jay Tee
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I have a small dog (a Sheltie) and it's all well and good owners of large dogs saying "Oh he's only playing" chasing and making my dog squeal in pain and terror - is beyond just rudeness.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2012, 09:21 PM
ok,another rule,all dog owners must pass a yearly,test,if you will,to determine you level of knowledge and to see if you are fit to own a dog, maybe it could determine the type of breed,or size,temperment of a dog you could own...im licenced to own a.....i see lots of people who own dogs they cant handle.its scary.dogs school for humans!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
ok,another rule,all dog owners must pass a yearly,test,if you will,to determine you level of knowledge and to see if you are fit to own a dog, maybe it could determine the type of breed,or size,temperment of a dog you could own...im licenced to own a.....i see lots of people who own dogs they cant handle.its scary.dogs school for humans!
only if they do the same for having children.....
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >