View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Is this tricks weŽve taught them or something they figure out on their own?

The cleverest thing Ally does, not taught be anyone, is that sheŽll find a stick or an apple to give the ponies to swap with if they have taken her tennis- or football to play with.
Thats pretty clever imo
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Locating a small, black, lost earring under a pile of garden mulch after being given the remaining one of the pair to sniff & being told 'find'
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Graeme
Saffy can sit...

Graeme
Thats good G least shes learnt something.............
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Bonnie nearly 11 & blind, has learnt to use the ramp at the side of the house to come in also find her way round outside after it was all changed this past yr. I put sliding doors into the l/room & kitchen, thinking that`d keep them out, took her a day to figure if she stuck her nose into the groove flicking her head they`d slide open, the others watched & learnt
Toffee same age as Bonnie started singing/howling last yr when we`re outside & can`t hear the phone
The others all know how to open the doors, older ones taught younger ones
Sweep caught & brought me back a stoat couple of yrs ago, was told must be pretty clever to catch one of them
Oh & they all know how to pick fruit off the trees
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Graeme - Im with you !! Bruno doesnt have nearly as vast a repertoire as some of these doglets !!

He can climb up the gate to get out the garden - but doesnt he s scared to jump over so just kinda hangs on the gate like a cat and cries until you come and let him in the house !! Funny but not clever !!

he can hear the biscuit tin being opened even if he is 3 rooms away snoring his head off.

he knows that once the washing machine finishes he will be going outside so runs to the top of the stairs and jumps from one foot to the other.

If the car is parked in a car park and we are walking up to the row- on his extendy lead if I say "car" he will go to our car everytime !! ( in same vein - we once walked past a man in his own driveway who had same colour and make as ours and he went up to the driver door and jumped up to see who was inside !!)

The fact that he knows lots of commands and refuses to do them implies he is quite bright I suppose !!!!

dani
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Tam knew her toys by name, 'Squeeky' for the sqeeky ball and 'ragger' for her ragger. Jas knew 'ragger'
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Saffy can open the washing machine and the dryer, usually pulls out all the washing to sit on.

She can also open the dog gate when shes that way inclined. Many a time we have got up in the morning to find her asleep on the settee in the front room.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Graeme
Saffy can sit...

Originally Posted by Christine
Thats good G least shes learnt something.............
Well it's not much I know, and to be honest it's not 100% yet... She still wont sit while she's driving the car

Graeme

Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Barney knew when it was time to pick the kids up from school by how many times the clock struck 3. Had to start leaving before or I wouldnt have any front door left as he jumped up and down until it was opened. Brodie as some of you may already know knew when Barney grew a lump on the side of his shoulder it was bad and kept biting it (it was cancer). When it was taken off she left him alone and she often rests her head on his broken leg. Barney's bones are crumbling due to the cancer.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Graeme][/i] She still wont sit while she's driving the car

Driving the car now thats very clever G & guess shes just showing off by not sitting down
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »